Fairfax Hit and Run Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident is a traumatic event. The post-accident experience can be equally stressful, especially when the driver who caused your accident does not stick around to accept responsibility. You do not have to struggle with the financial impact of an accident caused by someone else’s negligence. At the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, our Fairfax hit and run car accident lawyer will explain your compensation options you have when the other driver flees the scene.
When we represent you, you do not have to give up hope of recovering damages because of a hit and run driver. Our client support team will identify the at-fault driver, if possible, with evidence and accident scene reconstruction. We will also help you seek compensation from your own insurance company including medical bills and lost wages. We will collect evidence, handle case-related communication, and negotiate on your behalf.
Uninsured Motorist (UM) Coverage Is Mandatory in Virginia
In Virginia, financial responsibility, not auto insurance, is mandatory. That means a driver can legally drive a registered vehicle with no insurance protection at all by paying a fee and accepting financial responsibility for any damage caused by their vehicle. That can leave you in dire financial straits if one of these uninsured drivers collides with you.
According to State Corporation Commission (SCC) guidelines, when you do purchase auto insurance, the insurer must offer you UM coverage. Your UM coverage will require you to pay the first $200 of any damages. All other expenses caused by the accident will be covered by your insurance.
Tapping into this added protection is not always simple. The physical and emotional trauma of the accident can exacerbate an already overwhelming situation. When we represent you, you do not have to contact the insurance company, clarify your damages, or prove their value on your own. Our hit and run accident team will help you fight to secure this compensation when you need it most.
Uninsured Motorist Compensation
A negligent driver who flees the scene can leave you with unexpected expenses and financial losses on top of the injuries you sustain. We help you identify ways to recover those damages. They can include:
- Medical expenses until your recovery is complete
- Wages and income caused by your injuries and recovery
- The costs to repair or replace your damaged vehicle
- Ongoing “pain and suffering” and inconvenience
- Ongoing mental and emotional anguish
- Physical disabilities and disfigurements
Our team will establish the cause of your accident and resulting injuries and document the monetary value of these damages. Where applicable, we also help you seek wrongful death damages including funeral and burial costs for a fatally injured loved one.
Act Quickly After a Hit and Run Accident
After a hit and run accident, you cannot turn to the other driver’s insurer, and may not know how or when to approach your own. We can help. We start by protecting your right to take your pursuit of compensation to court if settlement negotiations do not work out in your favor. Protecting your rights and fighting for your financial recovery includes understanding and complying with the state’s filing deadlines which include:
- Va. Code § 8.01-243 — the personal injury statute of limitations that generally gives you two years from the date of the accident to file your lawsuit
- Va. Code § 8.01-244 — the wrongful death statute of limitations that generally gives you two years from the date of demise to file your lawsuit
We use your car accident report and medical records to prove the date the accident occurred and to ensure compliance with the statutory filing deadline in personal injury cases. A death certificate and accident report will help us determine how long you have to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
We Pursue a Hit and Run Driver at No Upfront Costs to You
At the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, our Fairfax hit and run car accident lawyer does not add to your financial concern with legal fees. Instead, we represent you on a contingency fee basis that lets you pursue compensation with no out-of-pocket expenses. Our personal injury lawyer will:
- Review your case for free
- Cover all the costs related to your case, including the necessary legal fees
- Only receive payment if your case is successful
We do everything we can to identify the at-fault driver and compel them to pay for the damages they caused. If that cannot be accomplished, we help you pursue compensation from your own insurance company. Jim Parrish’s career previous experience representing insurance companies helps him protect you from those same companies after your accident.
We Fight Hard for Your Rights to Financial Compensation
Our entire team is passionate about helping injured clients pursue compensation from all available sources. Clients we have helped in the past say:
- Gio Regal: I was in a car accident last year and I hired Parrish Law Firm to represent me and my family…I am very satisfied with the services and help that was provided to us and making sure we did not get bullied by the insurance company. I definitely recommend Mr. Parrish.
- Touria: Parrish Law Firm, PLLC helped me put things back together after a traumatic auto accident. Jim Parrish is sharp, compassionate and really cares. He takes your case seriously and is very attentive…I highly recommend this law firm.
Your hit and run car accident case and your client experience are important. When you trust us to handle your fight for compensation, your right to recovery is our priority.
Get a Free Review of Your Case Today
If you or someone you love in Fairfax was hit by a driver who fled the scene, we can help you recover from the accident’s financial aftermath. Find out how our hit and run car accident lawyer can help you can recover your medical expenses, lost wages, and “pain and suffering” and inconvenience by contacting one of our team members.
Call one of our consultation team members at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC by calling (571) 229-1800 today.