How Can I Wake Myself Up if I Am Sleepy While Driving?
Get Your Free Claim Review
- Try to get 8 hours of sleep before a drive.
- Take a pre-drive nap.
- Take a mid-drive nap. It is safer to pull over in a safe location to take a 20 minute power nap to continue driving when sleepy.
- Pull over at a rest stop and stretch or walk around.
- Try the buddy system to keep you engaged in conversation, but to also switch off driving every 2 hours.
- Do not drink alcohol. Even the slightest amount can make you drowsy.
- Caffeine has been proved to improves alertness, but be aware that the effects will wear off after a few hours.