Manassas Car Accident Lawyer
Get Your Free Claim Review
If another party’s negligence caused your car accident, you have the right to seek fair compensation for your devastating injuries. Unfortunately, this process is rarely ever easy. But it can be much less stressful with help from a car accident lawyer in Manassas Park at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC. We put our clients first and leave no stone unturned when collecting evidence to build a case. Call us to learn more: 571-229-1800.
If you or a family member has suffered serious injuries in a Manassas car accident, you are likely already stressed out about what may seem like an uphill battle ahead of you. The long road to recovery is often paved with doctor’s appointments, days missed from work, and tense negotiations with insurance companies. But you and your family do not have to bear this burden alone. At Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, our skilled Manassas car wreck attorneys have years of experience working both for and against insurance companies, giving us a serious advantage in the fight for just compensation.
Attorney James R. Parrish understands how cut-throat the insurance industry can be when it comes to avoiding full and fair payouts after a car accident. That’s because before he started representing car accident victims, Jim spent the early years of his legal career representing insurance companies. This experience gave him valuable insights into insurance companies’ tricky legal tactics, and it drove his decision to open his own firm dedicated to helping injured individuals instead of giant companies. Jim’s success in representing Manassas car accident victims has led to Parrish Law Firm, PLLC being given the Client’s Choice Award by AVVO and the Client Satisfaction Award from the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
Don’t let a large insurance company bully you into taking a small settlement or intimidate you into thinking you don’t have a case. Talk to the knowledgeable legal team at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC about your Manassas car accident, and let us put our legal skills to work for you. Contact us now to schedule a free consultation about your car accident law suit.
How A Car Accident Lawyer Can Help After Your Car Wreck
At Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we give each client the individualized attention that is necessary to gain a thorough understanding of your Manassas car accident injury case and craft a strategy to recover maximum compensation. We pride ourselves in taking the time to get to know our clients and defining what success will look like in your case.
When you entrust us with your car accident case, you can count on our compassionate and experienced legal team to:
- Provide relief from the stress of dealing with insurance companies, car accident claims, paperwork, and court deadlines so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
- Take over communication about your car accident with the insurance companies, law enforcement, health care providers, and your employer.
- Investigate your car accident thoroughly to outline what exactly caused it and who could be held liable for your injuries.
- Identify every possible source of insurance coverage and other options that may be available to compensate you for your injuries.
- Call in experts such as financial planners, medical specialists, and accident reconstruction professionals to clearly determine the cause of your injuries and how severely you will be affected for the rest of your life.
- Aggressively negotiate with insurance companies to demand full and fair compensation, all the while preparing to take your case to trial if necessary.
Our legal team understands how the insurance companies operate, and we know they will pull out all the stops to avoid providing you with the compensation you deserve. That’s exactly why we will go above and beyond to stay one step ahead of them, making sure your best interests are always at the heart of our efforts.
Why are car accident claims difficult to win?
In Virginia, the insurance company of the at-fault driver will generally be responsible for paying your accident-related expenses. Insurers are focused more on making money than paying for your injuries after a crash their policyholder causes. In fact, the insurance company will likely do whatever it can to avoid paying you the full amount it owes you. It may try to trick you into saying something incriminating during a recorded statement or get you to agree to a settlement offer much lower than what you deserve.
The good news is that when the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC handles your claim, you will have someone with knowledge from the inside. Jim Parrish knows the tactics insurance companies use to deny or reduce claims because he used to represent them. He now uses this knowledge to protect injured parties from greedy insurers.
What can I expect from a Manassas Park car accident claim?
Successful accident claims require quite a bit of work. However, you will not need to do any of it. We handle the following so you can focus on your recovery:
Proving another party was liable for your accident and injuries requires evidence. This evidence might include:
- Photos and surveillance video of the accident and accident scene
- Eyewitness testimony
- The police report (will include any citations the other driver received)
- The driver’s cell phone records (to determine if he was texting or using his phone at the time of collision)
- Medical records tying the injury to the accident
To collect this information, we will conduct a detailed investigation which will likely involve:
- Talking to scientific and medical experts
- Contacting your physician and gathering hospital records
- Talking to eyewitnesses
- Researching state traffic laws relating to your crash
- Reviewing the police report and speaking with the officers who responded to the accident
Building Your Case
Once we have all the facts about what happened, we will start preparing your claim. A valid claim requires proving a party behaved negligently. We must prove that the other party owed you a duty of care (e.g., to drive safely), but breached that duty (e.g., ran a red light). We must also show that the breach caused your accident and that you suffered injuries in the crash.
Proving the other party’s negligence is imperative to your case. Virginia is a contributory negligence state, meaning that if you are partially at-fault, recovering damages can be really difficult. Therefore, we will need every possible piece of evidence to show that you were not at-fault in any way. This is why it is so important that we start working on your case as soon as possible after the crash.
Some cases are more straightforward than others. For example, if another vehicle rear-ends your vehicle on the highway, it is very likely the driver was negligent by following your vehicle too closely. However, many claims are not this cut-and-dry. No matter how challenging your case is, we will do everything we can to prove your side of the story.
Types of Compensation We Will Pursue After a Car Accident
Virginia is what’s known as a “fault” state when it comes to car accidents. That means we may consider several avenues for pursuing the maximum amount of compensation for you. This may include negotiation with your insurance company, the other driver’s insurance company, or even filing a complaint against the manufacturer of a faulty auto part that caused your accident.
If the court rules in your favor, you may recover accident-related damages such as:
- Medical costs: The amount you recover for your medical care will depend on your medical records, expert testimony, and testimony from your physicians regarding your injuries from the accident, the necessary treatments you have undergone, and your need for future care.
- Lost wages: This can include wages you lost recovering and attending doctor’s appointments, as well as any wages you lost by working less hours or taking a lesser-paying job. Pay stubs and employment records can help us calculate this amount.
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience: It may be difficult to put a dollar value on noneconomic damages, but we will use medical, eyewitness, and personal testimony to establish that your injuries have caused pain, suffering, and inconvenience. We will prove that your injuries have kept you from doing the things you love, or caused you to feel depressed, angry, or anxious.
Although every case we handle is different, common types of car accident compensation we will pursue in car accident cases include:
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM or UIM) coverage.
- Loss of future earnings potential.
- Damage to your vehicle.
- Punitive damages that are intended to punish the at-fault party.
In many cases, insurance companies will low-ball car accident victims with a settlement offer in the beginning, just as you are starting to panic about the bills that are mounting up. It is extremely important that you consult with an experienced Manassas car accident lawyer before you make any decisions regarding your case. At Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, our dedicated legal team will go over all of your legal options for pursuing compensation and talk to you about how to cope with the medical bills that may have already arrived.
Arming You with Knowledge About Car Accident Claims
At the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we believe that keeping the lines of communication open with our clients is the best way to build a strong case. We will keep you updated every step of the way, and we will explain each part of the process to make sure you are comfortable with the case strategy.
In addition, we can discuss with you:
- Giving a statement to the insurance company after a car accident.
- What to do and what not to do when filing an insurance claim.
- Important steps to take after an auto accident.
- Understanding your auto insurance policy.
Overall, we want you to know that our legal team is here to answer any questions you have and provide you with any information you may need to feel comfortable and confident about your case.
Is there anything I can to help my case?
Yes. There are two very important things you can do to help your case:
Follow Your Doctor’s Orders
If you stop attending your doctor’s appointments or ignore medical advice, you might give the insurer all it needs to deny your claim. If you do not agree with what your doctor says, seek a second opinion.
Watch What You Say
Be careful what you say about your accident. When speaking with the insurer do not apologize for the accident or say that you are okay; the insurer can use these statements against you. Do not agree to a recorded statement and try to stay off social media until your case settles.
You Deserve an Advocate Who Cares About You and Your Car Accident Compensation
Whether you are suffering from broken bones, head and neck problems, back or spinal cord injuries, or other serious complications after a car accident, you can count on the compassionate and committed legal team at Parrish Law Firm, PLLC to pursue maximum compensation for you. Our firm has spent years successfully representing car accident victims in Manassas, Fairfax, Warrenton, and throughout Northern Virginia, and we will put our extensive knowledge of the insurance industry to work for you.
Let us start the process of pursuing full and just compensation for your injuries. Call us or schedule a time for a free consult about your case. We offer a free and confidential initial consultation, so you don’t need to worry about paying us to discuss your case. In fact, we handle car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we don’t collect legal fees unless and until we win compensation for you.
Trust your case to a Manassas Park car accident lawyer.
Filing an accident case requires thorough investigation, preparation, and strong attention to detail. The team at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC is able and willing to take on your accident claim. We are well-versed in all aspects relating to accident claims, from complex court procedures to detailed Virginia traffic statutes. We will use our knowledge to give you the best legal representation possible.
Call 571-229-1800 to discuss your case today.