Pursuing compensation after an accident is a headache in and of itself. When you’re suffering from a traumatic brain injury, it’s the last thing you need. But you don’t have to worry; with the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, you can put your focus on where it matters: your health. In the meantime, our brain injury lawyer in Leesburg builds a robust case that seeks fair compensation.
Attorney Jim Parrish knows what you’re going through. He’s advocated for brain injury claimants for nearly 20 years, and after recovering more than $30 million in damages, he’s confident that he can guide your case to a fair outcome. Our Leesburg personal injury lawyer can build your case now without charging a dime upfront. You can call us for a free claim review today.
How Can a Leesburg Brain Injury Lawyer Help Me with My Case?
There’s no such thing as a straightforward traumatic brain injury claim. This is something Attorney Jim Parrish knows all too well. He knows that insurance companies try to pay pennies on the dollar for these cases, and some do everything possible to avoid liability. He knows this because he once represented insurance companies and he’s aware of the tactics they use to lower their payouts. Now he has dedicated his life to advocating for his injured friends and neighbors.
When our Leesburg brain injury lawyer takes your case, we save you time and stress by taking care of everything from start to finish, he will:
- Investigate your accident’s details. A successful personal injury claim requires us to gather supporting evidence, including accident reports, your medical records, and photos or videos of the incident.
- File your personal injury claim. Once we have sufficient evidence, we will file your claim with the liable party’s insurer. Ideally, the insurer will offer a fair settlement right off the bat. If not, however, Attorney Jim Parrish will use his experience to negotiate for what you need.
- File your possible injury lawsuit. While most cases settle out of court, sometimes, the best course of action is to take the case to trial. Here, we will take depositions, interview witnesses, and present a compelling case to a judge and jury.
We do everything possible when guiding your case to a fair conclusion. When we take your case, we create a strategy that aims to make the claims process as straightforward and stress-free as possible.
What Are My Possible Recoverable Damages in My Leesburg Brain Injury Claim?
Fair compensation looks different for everyone. So, we will review the facts of your particular situation and account for each of your losses. That way, during negotiations, we know what constitutes a solid offer from the liable insurance company.
Financial recovery in your case may include:
- Medical bills. You can seek compensation for all past, current, and future injury-related medical expenses, such as emergency care, ambulance rides, hospitalization, and surgery.
- Rehab and therapy. In addition to medical bills, you may incur rehab and therapy costs, such as physical therapy, speech therapy, and cognitive rehabilitation. You shouldn’t have to pay a dollar for these services—the liable party should.
- Lost income. If your brain injury results in a loss of income, you can pursue compensation for past and future wages lost during your recovery period. You can also seek loss of future earning capacity if your condition prevents you from returning to your career.
- The cost of anything you spent out of pocket. While awaiting compensation, you may have spent your own money on medical care, assistive devices, and other expenses. We can include these costs in your claim’s value after assessing any applicable receipts and invoices.
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience. Financial recovery goes beyond your financial losses. You can recover any non-tangible hardship the accident and your injury caused, such as emotional distress and anguish.
- Punitive damages. In cases involving egregious negligence or intentional wrongdoing, punitive damages may be awarded to deter others from engaging in similar behavior in the future.
Our Leesburg brain injury attorney can calculate the full extent of your damages. The amount sought will depend on personal factors, such as your injury’s severity and its impact on your life. We fight for every penny you’re owed.
Leesburg Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
What Other Incidents Can the Law Firm Help With?
Brain injuries occur due to a sudden and forceful blow or jolt to the head that disrupts the brain’s normal functioning. No matter what caused your condition, we want to help if another party’s negligence was at play. Through the years, we’ve advocated for injured clients after they’ve suffered:
- Falls. Brain injuries are often caused by slips and falls due to hazards such as icy conditions, slippery floors, uneven carpeting, and poor lighting. In this instance, we could hold a property owner liable for your losses.
- Motor vehicle accidents. These can include accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, and pedestrians. A crash involving anyone inside or outside of a vehicle can cause severe brain injuries and damage to tissues and nerves.
- Workplace accidents. Virginia offers workers’ compensation to most employees. Yet, it doesn’t fully cover your lost income, and it doesn’t offer compensation for “pain and suffering” and inconvenience. Through a third-party negligence claim, we can secure the full cost of your damages.
- Sports and recreation accidents. Participating in competitive sports or leisure activities can result in both blows to the head and falls. In some cases, parties responsible for the maintenance of the property, such as pool areas, may be liable for injuries that occur on the premises.
- Defective equipment. If a defective product caused your brain injury, such as medical equipment, this falls under the legal concept of strict liability. The manufacturer or other entity may be liable for making or distributing the faulty equipment. In these cases, negligence is implied and need not be proven.
Get Professional Help From a Brain Injury Attorney in Leesburg Today
If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury due to another party’s negligence, a Leesburg brain injury lawyer at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC will seek financial justice. Contact us today to get started with a free claim review and learn more about your options for pursuing compensation.