When a driver’s negligent behavior contributes to a parking lot accident, they could be held liable for any harm they cause. If you or a loved one was injured in a parking lot accident in Arlington, a parking lot accident lawyer can determine who was at fault and whether your incident qualifies you to recover compensation for your injuries.
If you’re considering how you can hold the driver accountable for their carelessness or recklessness, the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC can advise you through a free case review.
How Much Compensation Can I Seek?
Like most parking lot accident victims, you’re likely wondering how much you might be entitled to seek. Depending on your situation, we can help you pursue compensation for:
- Medical costs
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning potential
How much you may be able to seek will vary from case to case, and your settlement value often depends on the severity of your injuries and losses.
However, to provide you with an accurate answer to this question, you can speak with someone from our office to tell you what damages you qualify to pursue. After receiving a case evaluation, you should have a better idea as to how much your case is worth.
How Can I Hold a Driver Liable for a Parking Lot Accident in Arlington, VA?
Even if you think that the damage to your vehicle and your body was only moderate, you may be able to hold the driver liable through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
File an Insurance Claim
One of the first things a parking lot accident lawyer from our Arlington team will do is determine how much insurance coverage is available to help with your accident-related costs. We will determine a value for your case and pursue negotiations with an insurance company on your behalf.
Your losses might seem straightforward to you, but you may run into several challenges to your case when you file a claim. We can help you with all of the following issues:
- Try to offer you a lower settlement than you deserve
- Deny the seriousness of your injuries
- Claim that you were responsible for your own injuries
Essentially, what this means is that the claims process can take time and negotiation. We will get to work to fight for the best possible outcome for your case. Our founder, Jim Parrish, has prior experience representing insurance companies—which helps him better protect victims like you.
File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
A large percentage of cases are settled out of court. However, another way you can hold a driver liable for a parking lot accident is by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them. This is usually done when:
- There isn’t enough insurance coverage available to pay for your accident-related expenses.
- You are unable to come to a fair settlement agreement through negotiations.
There are several reasons why we may recommend trying to settle, if possible. For instance, the timeline of the case can be shortened when both parties are looking to settle rather than take the case to trial. However, we are ready to fight for you in court if necessary in order to seek fair compensation.
Arlington County Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
How Can an Arlington Parking lot Accident Lawyer Help with the Insurance Claim or Lawsuit?
In addition to helping you understand what coverage is available for you to use, an attorney with our firm is also going to:
- Ensure your claim is processed within a reasonable amount of time. Many victims often find that once they file their claim, they face challenges in their communication with the insurance company. Thankfully, when you have a law firm like the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC assisting with your case, you won’t have to worry about tracking down the adjuster or trying to get your claim processed, as an attorney is going to handle all of this for you.
- Negotiate with the adjuster. In the event the adjuster attempts to minimize the value of your claim, your parking lot accident lawyer can work with them to try and get your claim value increased.
- Take legal action if necessary. In the event the insurance company doesn’t want to cover your claim even though it is valid, there are steps we will take to try and get the issue resolved. This may or may not lead to your case going to court.
- Ensure your rights as a claimant are upheld. As a victim of a parking lot accident, you have rights, and it is important for you to not lose sight of what those are. When you are represented by a lawyer from our team, you can be sure your rights won’t be overlooked or ignored.
Timeline to File Your Personal Injury Lawsuit
If you need to file a personal injury lawsuit against the driver who hit you, you should be aware that the State of Virginia has set a deadline for you to get this done. This deadline (often referred to as the statute of limitations) has been set at two years, according to Va. Code §8.01-243.
This means you generally have two years from the date of your accident to take legal action against the negligent party. Once the two years have passed, you may lose your right to recover damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC is Here to Help After a Parking lot Accident in Arlington
If a careless driver has caused you, your spouse, or even your child to suffer injuries as a result of a parking lot accident in Arlington, the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC is ready to serve as your legal advocate.
Call us for a free case review at (571) 229-1800.