An accident in a parking lot can lead to injuries as serious as an accident on a busy street. If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, our Fairfax, VA parking lot accident lawyer can help you seek compensation.
Our team of experienced parking lot accident lawyers in Virginia at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC can fight to recover the costs of your medical bills and other accident-related expenses and losses. We offer a free case review so you can tell your story and learn how we can help. If a negligent driver caused your accident, our Virginia car accident Lawyer’s primary objective is to assist you in achieving the best possible recovery outcome.
Common Parking Lot Accident Injuries
Because a parking lot is a confined space, the injuries you sustain in an accident can be serious and can include:
- Lower limb injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises
Our Fairfax personal injury lawyer can help you pursue compensation for your medical care. We work hard to ensure you receive the compensation you need and the legal support you deserve.
How We Define Negligence and Liability
The at-fault party is identified by the negligence that led to the accident. Our investigation can document the following legal elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: the responsibility to operate a vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
- Breach of duty: the failure to act cautiously while driving
- Causation: the connection between the at-fault party’s actions and your accident
- Damages: the financial consequences of your accident and resulting injuries
Our law firm works hard to prove the negligence that could lead to compensation. We can investigate your accident and collect evidence that supports your case.
How We Build a Strong Case File
The case file we build for you can help our team and the at-fault driver’s team understand how the accident happened. The evidence we collect to tell the story of your collision includes:
- The police report
- Medical records, bills, and documentation
- Security and surveillance photos and video
- Employment, salary, and financial records
- Photos of the accident scene and your injuries
- Statements from lay and expert witnesses
Our team can collect this evidence for you, organize it, and submit it to the at-fault party and their insurer. Many cases can be resolved with a settlement based on the weight of the evidence alone.
Compensation for Your Injuries and Related Expenses
A parking lot accident can lead to serious injuries and extensive recovery time. We can hold the at-fault driver accountable for the accident’s financial aftermath, including:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost income
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience
- Mental and emotional anguish
Your family could also recover a wide range of wrongful death damages. Our legal team can ensure any wrongful death action is taken by the appropriate family members (in most cases, this will include the decedent’s parents, spouse, and children). We can pursue funeral and burial costs, and much more, to help you through this difficult time.
How Virginia’s Statute of Limitations Affects Your Case
In Virginia, you have a limited time to file a lawsuit if your case cannot be settled out of court. In general, you have two years:
- From the date the accident occurred to file your personal injury lawsuit, per Va. Code § 8.01-243
- From the date of a loved one’s demise to file your wrongful death lawsuit, per Va. Code § 8.01-244
Complying with the filing deadline can be challenging. After a car accident, it can take time to focus on anything other than your injuries and required medical care. While you focus on your physical recovery, our law firm can go to work on your case.
Fairfax Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
Benefits of Working With Our Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Fairfax, VA
When our law firm handles your Fairfax case, they can:
- Investigate your case
- Obtain your police report
- File your case on time
- Explain your rights
- Clarify legal language
- Negotiate with the insurer
- Represent you in court if necessary
At Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we can also provide you with ongoing updates on any developments or progress in your case. We provide solid legal counsel every step of the way and help you make a well-informed settlement decision.
See Our History of Five-Star Client Reviews
Our legal team will never stop fighting for your right to recover damages. Our past clients leave us glowing reviews:
- “I contacted Parrish Law firm after being injured in a car accident…I appreciated Mr. Parrish’s concern for my well-being as well as his extensive knowledge in navigating dealings with insurance companies…I recommend him to anyone in a similar situation.” – Adrienne Nguyen
- “Great lawyer. Walked us through the whole process. Never kept us in the dark the entire time by updating us on the future steps and what to expect. Did what he said he was going to do and more…Will definitely recommend to anyone looking for a lawyer.” – Matthew Meyers
Our legal team will fight by your side from start to finish. A career spent representing insurance companies gives Jim Parrish a unique edge in protecting his clients from those same companies now.
Contact Our Case Review Team Today
Were you or someone you love injured in a parking lot collision? At Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we can help you recover compensation from the at-fault driver. We can investigate your accident, prove your right to damages, and negotiate with the insurance company while you focus on healing from your injuries.
Find out how hard our parking lot accident lawyer serving Fairfax, VA will fight for you by contacting our case review team today.
Car Accident eBook [Free Download]
Unsure about what to do after a car accident or have questions regarding your auto accident case that remain unanswered? Download our free Virginia Car Accident Guide eBook or give us a call at (571) 229-1800.