For many, entering a parking lot signifies the safe end of a journey. But with so many other cars and pedestrians around, there are a lot of opportunities for an accident. If you or a loved one was the victim of such an accident, let a Woodbridge parking lot accident lawyer from the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, fight for you. Our number is (571) 229-1800. The initial consultation is free, and we charge you nothing until you get your money.
How Car Accidents Can Happen
There are many factors a driver must take note of while behind the wheel. This is as true in a parking lot as it is out on the highway. In a parking lot, you are surrounded by vehicles, pedestrians, and stationary obstacles like curbs, shopping carts, and vegetation. The act of parking involves several maneuvers, including backing up, adjusting the wheels, and checking your mirrors to see if the way is clear—all of which require caution and attention.
However, drivers are not always as cautious as they should be. Distracted driving, per the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), is a common and deadly problem. Drivers frequently take their eyes off the road to look at their phones, adjust the radio, get a drink, or perform other activities that should only be done when the vehicle is not in motion. It only takes a split-second of inattention for disaster to strike.
We understand car accidents are frightening experiences. They take a while to recover from, no matter the severity of your injuries. You do not have to take on the additional burden of managing a lawsuit. Jim Parrish used to work in the insurance industry, and his unique perspective and knowledge may be to your advantage during your lawsuit. Contact us at (571) 229-1800 to get started.
You May Qualify for Compensatory Damages
“Compensatory damages” is a catchall term for the compensation you can sue for. In personal injury and wrongful death cases, you can break down compensatory damages into two separate categories. These are discussed below, along with the amount of time you have to consider suing for compensation.
If you suffered any financial losses because of the accident, you may qualify for economic damages. These can include but are not limited to:
- Loss of wages: you lost income when you stayed home from work to recover.
- Medical expenses: you needed professional medical treatment. This can range from doctors’ visits and prescription medication to physical therapy and home care.
- Loss of earning capacity: your ability to support yourself and your family has been permanently affected by your injuries.
- Funeral expenses: you had to cover the costs of a funeral, burial, and estate settlement for a loved one who passed away because of the accident.
Woodbridge Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
If you suffered any physical or psychological injuries because of the accident, you may qualify for non-economic damages. These can include but are not limited to:
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience: the accident or your injuries caused you physical or mental anguish.
- Diminished quality of life: your injuries prevent you from enjoying the same lifestyle you once did.
- Scarring or disfigurement: you were left with serious scars that will never go away.
- Loss of companionship: your loved one passed away because of the accident, leaving you to carry on without their presence and support.
Statute of Limitations
When should you file a lawsuit? Code of Virginia §8.01-243 gives you two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit in most personal injury cases. You can begin your suit at any time within those two years.
A Woodbridge Parking Lot Accident Lawyer May Be Able to Help You
You should not have to worry about filing lawsuits and fighting insurance companies when you are trying to recover from a car accident. The team at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, is here to help. Here are some of the things we may be able to do for you:
- Assess your case: tell us about your accident. We will tell you if you have a case, free of charge.
- Help with your bills: if you are having trouble paying your medical bills, let us talk to your medical insurance company. We can tell them you are seeking compensation and keep the bill collectors at bay.
- Investigate the accident: we may collect medical records, police reports, and more to strengthen your claim.
- Communicate with others: we can talk to all other parties on your behalf. If anyone tries to contact you directly, tell them to get in touch with us.
- Negotiate for compensation: the insurance company may need some persuading to pay you the money you deserve. We will represent you in negotiations and fight for fair compensation.
- Go to trial: what if the insurance company refuses to pay up? We will go to court. No matter how long or how hard we have to fight, you can depend on us to go the extra mile to win your case.
Through it all, your lawyer will take care of all legal matters so that you can concentrate on recovering from your injuries. And we provide one other service: if you ever need a question answered or a concern allayed, do not hesitate to let us know. A member of our team will do everything they can to make this difficult time easier for you.
Car accidents are stressful and upsetting. You may not feel up to dealing with a lawsuit on top of everything else, and you do not have to. The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, is ready and willing to advance your case in any way we can. Call us at (571) 229-1800 to put your case in the hands of a Woodbridge parking lot accident lawyer. We charge nothing for our services until you receive compensation.