If you were bitten by an aggressive dog in Fredericksburg, know this: our personal injury lawyer bites back against the negligent party. When Attorney Jim Parrish manages a client’s case, he does everything possible to recover the full scope of their damages, whether through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
A Virginia dog bite lawyer from our firm can manage your case and everything it requires to achieve fair compensation. Backed by countless five-star reviews, we’re committed to supporting you through this challenging time. Call now to begin your free, no-strings-attached claim review.
How Long Do I Have To File My Claim With A Personal Injury Attorney?
Virginia law does not give you a long time to file your dog bite injury case. The personal injury statute of limitations in our state is only two years, according to Va. Code § 8.01-243. Wrongful death lawsuits must be filed within two years, according to Va. Code § 8.01-244.
Negotiating with the insurer, gathering evidence, and undergoing treatment do not extend your case’s filing period. With our advocacy, you don’t have to worry about losing the right to seek damages. Our attorney handles your case’s deadlines and everything they entail.
What Aspects of My Case Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me With?
When we take on your injury claim, we manage everything (and we mean everything) it requires to reach a fair conclusion. We save you time and stress by offering assistance with:
- Filing your personal injury claim or lawsuit
- Investigating the details of the dog bite
- Adhering to all case-related deadlines, such as the statute of limitations
- Interviewing witnesses
- Consulting with veterinarians and animal behavioral specialists
- Assessing the cost of your past, present, and future injury-related losses
We offer all of these services and more on a contingency-fee basis. What does this mean for you, the client? It means you pay nothing upfront or out of pocket to retain our help. What’s more, if your case doesn’t yield financial recovery, you owe us nothing.
Fredericksburg Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
What Recoverable Damages May I Have In My Fredricksburg Dog Bite Case?
It doesn’t matter whether you were bitten by a stocky Pitbull or a puffy Pomeranian; if you were bitten by an aggressive dog, we intend to hold the dog’s owner liable for your losses. Plain and simple. Examples of recoverable damages in these cases can include the following:
- Medical care costs. These can include skin grafts, cosmetic surgery, pain management medications, and hospitalization.
- Professional damages. If you lost time from work while recuperating, and you did not get paid for all of your usual hours, we can include your lost income in your case’s value.
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience. This refers to a non-economic damage that reflects the trauma of the dog bite on your health, happiness, and well-being.
Financial compensation in your case could include mental anguish, emotional distress, and the cost of anything you spent out of pocket. Every dog bite case is unique, and how much you can recover depends on your situation. Needless to say, we intend to recover every dollar you deserve.
Our Fredericksburg Dog Bite Lawyer Gets You the Compensation You Deserve
Dog attacks can cause devastating wounds, causing infections, extensive scars, and permanent loss of function. While you may feel many emotions right now, here’s something you don’t need to feel: uncertain. That’s because since our founding in 2004, we’ve recovered more than $30 million for our clients.
Here’s an example of one dog bite case we resolved. Our client was a retired U.S. Marine who was enjoying a leisurely stroll on a public sidewalk. Then, without provocation, he was attacked by a Pitbull who latched onto his arm and dragged him 20 yards.
This case posed many unique challenges––but it was nothing Attorney Jim Parrish couldn’t handle. Despite the concurrent criminal charges pressed against the dog’s owner, we were able to recover $300,000 for our client’s past, present, and future injury-related losses.
Check Out What a Former Dog Bite Client Had to Share
We’re always humbled by the positive feedback our clients share about their experiences. We believe that this one comment in particular highlights the benefits of partnering with our dog bite injury team in Fredericksburg:
- “I was faced with a very traumatic experience after being attacked by a dog… My first call to the firm was answered by Mr. James R. Parrish himself at his extension. He invited me to his office and explained everything regarding my case to me in detail… The case was handled in such a professional and timely manner that not only did I receive what the case was worth but also the settlement was faster than anticipated. I will highly recommend the Parrish Law Firm to anyone who needs a personal injury attorney.”
We’re confident that with your case in our hands, you’ll have similar sentiments.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Can I Strengthen My Fredericksburg Dog Bite Case?
At a time like this, it can be challenging to know what steps can protect your case against the dog owner. Every case is different, and you should always do what makes sense in your circumstances.
Here are a few suggestions of things that could help you get a fair settlement:
- Get medical attention right away. Your health and safety are the most important things in this situation. For instance, a dog’s bite contains the animal’s saliva, which can carry bacteria and viruses deep into the wound. Visiting a doctor generates case-related evidence and promotes a smooth recovery period.
- Report the incident to the Fredericksburg Police Department. The animal might need to spend some time in quarantine while being observed or tested for rabies. Also, the authorities might have information about previous incidents that could bolster your case.
- Document your recovery period. Take photographs throughout your recovery period to demonstrate your injury’s progression. Also, it can be useful to take photos of the scene of the dog attack, as this information can help “paint a picture” of what occurred.
An insurance company may represent the dog’s owner. It may do everything possible to refute your claim or blame you for what happened. This is yet another thing you don’t have to stress about. Attorney Jim Parrish started his legal career advocating for insurance companies. Now, he uses knowledge from within the insurance industry to advocate for what you deserve.
We Are Here for Legal Help on Your Fredericksburg Dog Bite Case!
It is easy to get started with the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC on your dog bite case. Simply call us today for a FREE claim review. Also, you can get our free e-book about dog bite cases in our state.
Have questions about your dog bite injury? Download our free Comprehensive Guide to Dog Bite Claims in Virginia eBook to learn more about your next steps, who to contact and what to do.