When you get into a collision with a passenger vehicle, the aftermath is relatively straightforward. You exchange information, file your claim, and wait for the insurer’s response. However, personal injury cases involving 18-wheelers can get complicated quickly. Arguments over fault, liability, and your damages’ cost can turn into a legal nightmare.
This is where most people start thinking of hiring a lawyer. It can be one thing to deal with an accident with another passenger car, but an accident with an 18-wheeler can involve multiple insurance companies, trucking brokers, trucking companies, and your own insurance.
Most people decide to hire a lawyer because dealing with insurance companies is a hassle. Despite the cute mascots, insurance companies are out to minimize personal injury payouts. People who contact my firm, The Parrish Law Firm, have sometimes started handling the claim on their own, but need a little help.
How Much Does It Cost to Work With a Loudoun County Accident Lawyer?
You’re dealing with many challenges after an accident. We don’t want our attorney’s fees to be among them. That’s why our Loudoun County personal injury lawyers have always supported injured claimants on a contingency-fee-basis. At the Parrish Law Firm:
- You don’t pay anything upfront for our services.
- We don’t charge by the hour or by the service.
- You pay nothing if your case doesn’t succeed.
Getting paid for our help rests on your case’s outcome. We encourage you to ask questions about this arrangement when you consult with us.
What to Know About Our Loudoun County 18-Wheeler Lawyers
Our law firm was founded 20 years ago by Attorney Jim Parrish. Unhappy with what he saw while representing insurance companies after law school, he decided to open a personal injury firm and concentrate on protecting injured claimants.
Through the years, we’ve recovered over $30 million in compensation settlements or verdicts for injured claimants and their families. Some of our case resultsinclude:
- Our clients came to us after losing a loved one in a big rig truck accident. It took years to build and resolve their case, but when we did, we secured a $5 million settlement.
- Our client was a grandmother who was driving home when a commercial truck crashed head-on into her vehicle. We filed a lawsuit and secured $1 million for her medical care.
- The details of this particular case are held in the strictest confidence between us, the liable insurance company, and our client. However, we’re happy to share that in this truck accident case, we secured a $1 million settlement.
Loudoun County 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
Recoverable Losses in Your Loudoun County 18-Wheeler Accident Case
The compensation you might receive following a collision with an 18-wheeler depends on various factors that are specific to your case. These factors include the extent of property damage, severity of injuries, medical expenses, loss of income, and other damages incurred. It’s important to note that there is no standard settlement amount in these situations, as each case is unique.
This section covers the losses you might sustain in an accident that are recoverable…
Compensable losses in your case may comprise:
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience
- Anything you spent out of pocket
- Medical treatment expenses
- Lost income and future earning capacity
- Property damage costs
- Scarring and disfigurement
Compensable losses are those damages that can be recovered in a personal injury case. They may include medical expenses, lost wages, physical or emotional pain and suffering, and other expenses related to dealing with the effects of your injuries. For example, if you broke your arm in an accident and needed surgery to repair it, then the cost of the surgery and any other medical treatments you received may be compensable losses. If you had to miss work due to your injury, then you may also be able to recover lost wages for those days missed. Additionally, if the accident caused physical pain or psychological distress such as anxiety or depression, then these could also be compensable losses. In a personal injury case, you should make sure that all of the costs associated with your accident are taken into consideration so that you can get full compensation for your damages.
How Our Loudoun County Accident Attorneys Fight For You
Our Loudoun County truck accident lawyers can build your case, determine liability, and advocate for what you need. Our services include:
- Collecting police, medical, and other official reports of the accident and its details
- Taking statements from eyewitnesses
- Inspecting the scene of the accident
- Noting any relevant weather and road conditions from the day of the crash
- Reconstructing the accident with experts’ help
- Investigating the truck’s maintenance history, its black box, and logbooks
We Learn Fault and Liability for Your Loudoun County 18-Wheeler Accident
As noted, multiple parties can hold liability for your truck accident, including the:
- Truck driver
- Truck owner/manager
- Cargo company
- Maintenance crew
- Truck or parts manufacturers
Once we establish liability, our attorneys negotiate on your behalf with the insurance company. If we cannot reach a settlement agreement, we prepare for trial and represent you in court.
Our 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers Manage Your Case’s Deadlines
In Virginia, you generally have two years from the time of the injury to file a lawsuit. Most personal injury cases settle and do not go to court. However, if the insurance company refuses to negotiate, a lawsuit may recoup the funds you need.
It’s vital that we file your case within this period. If you don’t contact us in time, we may lose the opportunity to pursue compensation. For that reason, we encourage you to consult our team at your earliest convenience.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We’re Fueled by the Positive Feedback We Get From Virginia Clients
The millions we’ve recovered for injured people only tell part of our firm’s story. We continuously draw strength from the feedback we get from satisfied clients. Some have shared their experiences with us:
- “I’ve worked with Jim for years, and he is genuinely impressive at his craft. Several others I know have worked with him too, and the feedback has been extremely positive. Do not hesitate to contact him.” ––M.S.
- “Jim took my automobile accident case to trial in Fairfax and won! His preparation with me and our witnesses was extremely thorough and well-designed. He also effectively discredited the other side’s arguments while remaining courteous and professional. The judge even complimented his performance! Overall, I could not have been happier.” ––M.P.
- “It’s amazing how the Parrish Law firm responds to your calls, voicemail, emails, etc. If you don’t get hold of them on the phone, you will certainly get a call from them the same day if possible. The Parrish Law firm communicates with you and their advice is practical and always looks out for your best interest. As a Virginia resident, I strongly recommend the Parrish Law firm to everyone who needs an attorney.” ––L.A.
We Support Our Friends and Neighbors Outside of Court and Negotiations
Attorney Parrish and his entire team appreciate the opportunity to give back to the community. We help raise funds for or volunteer at the:
- PY vs. PD Foundation
- Eli’s Heart
- St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital
- Gainesville High School Football
- Wild Summer: Kids at Play
- Parrish Law Firm’s 500 Coat Drive
We are devoted to our clients and the members of our community.
Call Our Loudoun County 18-Wheeler Accident Attorneys Today
When you begin your free claim case review with the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, you can put your worries to rest. Take this opportunity to have a detailed discussion about your situation and discover the exceptional advocacy our team offers. Don’t hesitate to call now to schedule a meeting with our knowledgeable staff and get the assistance you need.
Car Accident eBook [Free Download]
Unsure about what to do after a car accident or have questions regarding your Loudoun County car accident case that remain unanswered? Download our free Virginia Car Accident Guide eBook, or give us a call.