Big rig accidents are often more serious than standard car crashes because they involve large vehicles colliding with smaller, less-protected passenger cars. Victims can suffer from broken bones and debilitating injuries, and in some cases, families lose loved ones as a result.
If you or a loved one were recently involved in a Fairfax big rig accident, you have the right to pursue compensation. When the insurance company contacts you about your truck accident claim, you need to talk to a Fairfax truck accident lawyer first. An experienced attorney can help you avoid bad-faith tactics and get the best possible result for your case.
Damages Available to Big Rig Accident Victims
The National Safety Council (NSC)reports that the average cost of a motor vehicle accident with disabling injuries is $1,252,000.
These expenses and losses are a huge debt against big rig accident victims, leaving them stressed, angry, and unsure of what to do next. By claiming a settlement, you can receive compensation for these damages. Our personal injury team will work to get you the compensation you deserve to pay for your injuries and pain and suffering.
Damages in a big rig accident include the following:
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience
- Mental anguish
- All medical expenses associated with your accident
- Property damages
Wrongful Death Damages
In truck accidents, often the truck driver is well-protected while the passenger vehicles suffer the most severe injuries, including death. Knowing that your loved one was lost due to the negligence of a trucker or trucking company isn’t easy. We’re here for those hoping to pursue a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
A wrongful death settlement can reimburse you for the loss of your loved one, covering the following types of damages according to Va. Code § 8.01-52:
- Loss of companionship, comfort, guidance, and kind offices
- Loss of your loved one’s earning capacity
- Medical expenses incurred before the passing of your loved one
- Reasonable funeral expenses
In Fairfax, VA, wrongful death cases must be brought by the personal representative of your loved one’s estate. This caveat can complicate wrongful death lawsuits.If you are not considered a legal personal representative of your lost loved one, then you may not be entitled to seek damages. Our personal injury team can answer your questions about wrongful death legal actions during a FREE claim review – we’re here to make matters simple.
Do I Need to Hire a Fairfax Big Rig Accident Lawyer?
Hiring a Fairfax big rig accident lawyer is optional. But, if you’re pursuing a claim or lawsuit, several common roadblocks can appear during big rig accident cases:
- Insurers refusing to offer fair compensation
- Insurers outright denying your claim
- Victims struggling to understand legal rules and processes
- Victims being too overwhelmed to manage their case
- A claim or lawsuit being exceptionally complicated
At the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we understand big rig accidents. We can help you move past these roadblocks and manage every aspect of your case. You focus on healing from your injuries or supporting your family; we’ll get to work fighting for your compensation.
Our Legal Services
We provide the following services to our clients:
- Promptly answering your questions
- Explaining your next steps
- Contacting and negotiating with relevant parties
- Gathering evidence and determining who’s responsible for your injuries
- Filing a claim or lawsuit on your behalf
- Fighting every step of the way for your best interests
Knowledge from Inside the Insurance Industry
Jim Parrish, our lead attorney, focuses on automotive and truck accident cases. Before working as a private big rig accident attorney, Parrish worked as legal counsel for insurance companies. He left this line of work to help accident victims overcome bad-faith insurance practices. If you join our firm as a client, Parrish can put this knowledge from inside the insurance industry to work for you.
Unsure of who’s responsible for your accident? Don’t fret; our team can conduct an investigation on your behalf. We can review the following pieces of evidence:
- Your medical records
- Eyewitness statements
- A police report
- Expert testimonial
We can use this information to determine who’s liable for your damages. Then, we begin the process of pursuing damages. In a big rig accident, the liable party could be:
- An individual driver
- A trucker
- A trucking company
- A municipality responsible for roadway safety
- A vehicle parts manufacturer
No Upfront Fees
At the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we work on a contingency-fee-basis. This means that:
- You don’t have to pay us anything upfront
- We don’t get paid unless you receive compensation
- You can work with a Fairfax big rig accident lawyer risk-free
Fairfax Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
What Should I Do After a Big Rig Accident?
If you were recently involved in Fairfax big rig accident, consider following these steps:
- Follow your doctor’s orders: If you were injured in your accident, seek medical attention as soon as possible. The sooner you know that you’re injured, the sooner you’ll receive adequate treatment. Similarly, follow your doctor’s orders. Shirking appointments or avoiding prescriptions can indicate to insurers that your injuries aren’t severe.
- Gather documentation:Keep detailed records of your injuries and expenses. This can include contact information for those involved in your accident, pictures of your damaged vehicles, and statements from your doctor. Our team can assist you with this step.
- Be cautious about discussing your case:Saying the wrong thing to insurers or another party could damage your case. Refrain from making statements to insurers if possible. If you’ve hired a big rig truck accident lawyer, you can ask that insurers speak with them instead.
- Request a free consultation or claim review:A big rig truck accident lawyer serving Fairfax can help you make sense of your case. They can explain your next steps and act as your legal representative. Most personal injury attorneys offer these consultations for free, so be sure to find an attorney with no upfront costs.
Big Rig Accident Claims Have a Deadline
Virginia has a two-year statute of limitations, meaning you only have two years from the time of your injury to file an injury claim. per Va. Code § 8.01-243. If you miss this two-year deadline, you may be barred from recovering compensation from your accident.
This applies to all personal injury claims in Virginia, including big rig accidents. There are some special circumstances where claimants can file after the two-year deadline, but those are rare. You need to speak to an attorney to learn more.
You may not need to file a claim right away, however, it’s still ideal to get started on your case as soon as you can. Contact the Parrish Law Firm for a FREE claim review.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now