In recent years, Charlottesville has become a magnet for big rigs and other commercial trucks. Driving alongside these steel giants on Interstate 64 has always been a challenge. But now, thanks to the opening of the Amazon Fulfillment Center in nearby Waynesboro, commercial vehicles are spilling onto residential streets, increasing the risk of truck-on-car accidents.
Trucking accident cases can get complicated for many reasons, from multiple liable parties to complex insurance jargon. Yet, with the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, you don’t have to manage any of that. Our lawyer takes your legal burdens off your plate, so you can prioritize your well-being.
Connect with our Charlottesville personal injury lawyer now and start your FREE claim review.
Time Is Ticking on Your Charlottesville Truck Accident Case
The insurance company hopes that you don’t know about this important law: the statute of limitations. Under Va. Code § 8.01-243, you generally have two years to file your truck accident lawsuit. Waiting too long to take legal action jeopardizes your case’s outcome for two reasons:
- We must act quickly to gather evidence. The longer certain pieces of evidence remain in the trucking company’s hands, the longer it has to “lose” them. Dashcam footage, black box data, and trucking log books can bolster your case.
- You don’t have forever to file a lawsuit. Once the two-year statute of limitations expires, you lose your right to litigation. This could significantly hurt your chances of recovering damages, especially if the insurer refuses to settle.
Why Entrust Our Charlottesville Truck Accident Team With Your Case
Attorney Jim Parrish started his career defending insurance companies for the very claims he champions now. This experience gives him the knowledge of just how insurance companies operate and how they evade liability for high-value truck accident claims. His dedication to fighting for injured people has made him a valued member of the Trucking Trial Lawyers Top 10.
With Jim Parrish, you get more than a truck accident attorney; you get someone who understands the insurance industry inside and out. He and his team offer:
- A FREE claim review. During our no-strings-attached conversation, we can discuss your case’s details and the obligations that go into securing fair financial recovery. This is also your opportunity to ask questions and get the answers you need to make informed decisions.
- A comprehensive investigation. A successful truck accident case against the truck driver, the trucking company, the manufacturer, or whoever else may share liability requires evidence that includes eyewitness testimony, traffic camera footage, and accident reconstruction data. We will also send a spoliation letter to the trucking company, ensuring that it doesn’t destroy evidence, like dashcam footage or the trucker’s driving logs.
- Hands-on negotiations. Using the evidence we gathered, we can approach the liable party and demand compensation. This may require some negotiating, where Attorney Jim Parrish will rely on his skills and experience to push for a fair offer.
Since we first opened our doors in 2004, we’ve helped many truck accident victims resolve cases through insurance settlements. This was the case for a wrongful death claim we once managed; through evidence-gathering and negotiations, we secured $1.4 million for our client’s family.
Charlottesville Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
Our Truck Accident Clients Never Pay Upfront for Our Legal Representation
You’re already dealing with enormous medical bills, lost wages, and other injury-related hardships. We aim to make this challenging period as financially stress-free as possible. So, we extend legal services on a contingency fee basis. You don’t pay any retainers or hourly rates to partner with our Charlottesville truck accident firm.
We also finance your case’s obligations, from its administrative filing fees to consulting costs. The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC can break ground on your case today. You don’t have to spend another minute feeling uncertain about your semi-truck accident claim’s outcome.
It’s Your Turn to Get Financial Justice After a Charlottesville Auto Accident
A semi-truck accident can cause tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in expenses, especially if you suffered a spinal cord injury or a traumatic brain injury. These catastrophic injuries can have long-lasting or even lifelong effects. We seek fair compensation that reflects each of your injury-related hardships.
We seek compensation that accounts for:
- Your necessary medical expenses, both now and in the future
- Any loss of income, including tips, bonuses, and benefits
- The cost of repairing the damage to your vehicle
- The cost of replacement (if your car was totaled)
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience
In the past few years alone, we’ve recovered more than $30 million in damages. We hope that by sharing our previous case results, you gain confidence in our abilities to handle your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Questions Our Truck Accident Attorney Often Receives
Our truck accident team has received many of the same questions over and over since we opened our doors almost two decades ago. Some of these questions include:
“How Much Is the Average Truck Accident Case?”
This is a question we commonly get from truck accident claimants in Charlottesville. The fact is, there isn’t an average settlement value for truck accident cases. How much someone can recover is unique to their situation––and that goes for your case, too.
We review your injury-related receipts, invoices, and bills to determine the cost of your economic damages. When it comes to more intangible damages, like “pain and suffering,” we consider the severity of your condition, your quality of life, and other facets of your situation.
“What Settlements or Verdicts Have You Recovered in the Past?”
This is yet another inquiry we commonly get from truck accident claimants. As noted, we’re proud of the outcomes we’ve secured for injured people in our community. They demonstrate Attorney Jim Parrish’s understanding of the claims process and what it takes to recover fair compensation.
Aside from the $1.7 million result we mentioned earlier, we also secured:
- A $5 million wrongful death settlement. We’re always honored when grieving families entrust us with their wrongful death cases. In this circumstance, we recovered $5 million after a fatal truck accident claimed the life of our client’s loved one.
- $1 million wrongful death settlement. In another fatal tractor-trailer accident case, we obtained compensation up to the liable policy’s maximum coverage.
- A $1 million civil court award. Our client was a grandmother who was airlifted to the hospital after a commercial truck collided with her car head-on. We recovered $1 million in a hard-fought lawsuit.
Our case results only tell one part of the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC story. We encourage you to check out our client testimonials, so you can get peace of mind regarding our partnership.
“Should I Speak With the Insurance Adjuster?”
No. Do not speak to the insurance adjuster without speaking with us first. They are hoping to get you to say something that will jeopardize your case. We can coach you on what to say or handle communication entirely.
Call Now to See How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
We’re eager to set your case in motion today. With a Charlottesville trucking accident lawyer, you get someone who remains by your side through every phase of the claims process. Call now for your FREE claim review with a member of the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC team.