Commercial truck accidentscan leave victims with devastating injuries and significant medical expenses. If another party’s negligent actions caused your crash, you may wonder where to turn to recover your losses.
Fortunately, a Dumfries commercial truck accident lawyer with the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC can pursue your damages. Our lawyers will prepare your claims, communicate with involved parties, and fight for the most advantageous resolution possible. We work on your legal issues while you work on getting better.
The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC Knows How to Stand Up to Insurance Companies
Attorney Jim Parrish started his career as a defense lawyer for insurance companies, which gave him insight into how insurers operate and the tactics they use to keep payouts low and protect their bottom line. He discovered his real passion is advocating for the injured, and in 2004, he founded the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC with the goal of helping victims seek justice.
Parrish and his team can relieve the stress of dealing with insurance claims or lawsuits. We can assist with your Dumfries commercial truck accident injury case by:
- Investigating your accident to determine its cause and who is at fault
- Collecting evidence to support your claims, including police reports, commercial driver records, the truck’s “black box” recorder, surveillance or dashcam footage, eyewitness statements, and more
- Hiring and consulting with subject matter experts, such as doctors, crash reconstruction specialists, and economists
- Identifying all your economic and non-economic damages and pursuing the maximum settlement available
- Communicating on your behalf and aggressively negotiating with insurance agents and opposing parties (saving you from spending time and energy haggling during meetings, phone calls, and emails)
- Standing up to bad faith insurance practices
- Filing a personal injuryor wrongful death lawsuit and representing you in court if needed
We know the weeks and months following a serious accident are challenging for victims and their families. We do not want to add to your financial burden, so we take cases on contingency. This means we can represent you for nothing upfront or out of pocket, and we only collect a fee once we obtain compensation for you.
Our Lawyers Take on Trucking Companies and Other Powerful Defendants
Commercial truck accident cases can be complex because they usually involve the truck driver, their employer, and other parties. And it’s a safe bet the trucking company and other commercial entities will engage insurers and attorneys to protect their best interests.
We will identify all those liable for your accident and pursue claims against them, no matter how big or powerful. At-fault parties in a truck accident case may include:
- The truck driver
- The driver’s employer/the trucking company
- The entity in charge of truck maintenance
- The company that owns the transported goods
- The company that loaded/packed the truck
- Manufacturers of defective vehicles or auto parts
- A third-party motorist
Commercial Truck Accident Damages
According to the Virginia Highway Safety Office, there were nearly 1,800 injury crashes and 104 fatal accidents involving commercial motor vehicles on Virginia’s roadways in 2021. If you or your loved one was in a truck accident on Richmond Highway, Interstate 95, or anywhere else in Dumfries, we can help you act against the at-fault party. We want to ensure those who caused your injuries pay for your losses, not you or your loved ones.
Our Dumfries commercial truck accident lawyers can pursue:
- Medical expenses. Our commercial truck accident injury attorney can ensure you have the resources to pay for current and ongoing treatment. This includes emergency transportation and emergency services, hospital stays, medical procedures, doctor visits, specialists’ services, physical therapy, in-home health care, and lifecare costs.
- Lost income. A severe or disabling injury can leave you out of work for an extended time or prevent you from returning to your job. We can pursue compensation for your lost wages, including bonuses, health and retirement benefits, and other earnings. We can also seek compensation for the loss of your earning capacity and future lost wages.
- Non-economic damages. Non-economic damages provide monetary compensation for “pain and suffering” and inconvenience. We can seek these awards for physical pain, depression, loss of mobility, loss of cognitive functioning, scarring, disfigurement, anxiety, mental anguish, and quality of life reductions.
- Punitive damages. According to Va. Code § 8.01-44.5, your awards may include punitive damages when a driver acts with malice or “willful and wanton” misconduct. For example, in a commercial vehicle accident claim, a driver may be liable for punitive damages if they were intoxicated at the time of the crash. Our attorney can review your case to see if your claim warrants this type of compensation.
- Wrongful death damages. If your loved one suffered a fatal commercial truck accident injury, we can help you seek compensation for their wrongful death. Awards may include your loved one’s medical bills, lost income (including wages they would likely have earned had they lived), and funeral and burial expenses. Surviving family members may also receive compensation for their grief and mental anguish and the loss of their loved one’s protection, care, assistance, and services.
One thing that could hinder your chances of a successful settlement or verdict is failing to act within Virginia’s statute of limitations.Our lawyer can help you file your insurance claims or lawsuits before the deadlines expire. You have two years to sue for personal or wrongful death, according to Va. Code § 8.01-243and Va. Code § 8.01-244, respectively.
We Have Won Millions of Dollars for Motor Vehicle Accident Clients
The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC’s recent case resultsinclude more than $20 million in compensation for personal injury and wrongful death clients. Our commercial truck accident winnings include:
- $500,000 for a woman hit by the driver of a company truck
- A $700,000 settlement for the victim of a tractor-trailer collision
- A $1.4 million wrongful death settlement for the family of a victim killed in a head-on collision
The value of your case will depend on your age, your injury, the extent of your medical care, and other factors unique to you. We can tell you more about your case and your potential compensation once we get to work for you. We offer FREE claim reviews to get you started.
Dumfries Commercial Truck Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
Contact the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC About Your Dumfries Accident
Contact us today to learn more about how our Dumfries commercial truck accident lawyer can help you recover the damages you need and deserve. Help is available 24/7.
Car Accident eBook [Free Download]
Unsure about what to do after a car accident or have questions regarding your Dumfries Car Accident Lawyercase that remain unanswered? Download our free Virginia Car Accident Guide eBookor give us a call.