Collisions with tractor-trailers are known for being devastating. It is common for victims to suffer critical injuries and struggle to cope with the emotional toll of such a traumatic experience.
You are not alone when you have a Fredericksburg truck accident lawyer at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC fighting for your rights. Our team will do everything possible to establish fault and recover total compensation for your suffering.
Recoverable Damages for Your Truck Accident Damages
Your truck accident lawyer in Fredericksburg is responsible for ensuring every loss you are entitled to recover is included when calculating the value of your claim.
To determine how much compensation you will get, we will need to carefully consider how your injuries and the accident have impacted your life. To do this, your attorney will separate your losses into the following damages categories:
Truck Accident Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages account for losses that do not have a monetary value. However, you may still be entitled to compensation for them since they will likely substantially impact your life. Examples of such damages you could recover after a truck accident include:
- Diminished quality of life
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement and skin scarring
Truck Accident Economic Damages
Economic damages account for the losses that have a fixed monetary value. We can prove how much your special damages are worth by reviewing receipts, financial records, bank statements, and other documents.
Examples of special damages that you can recover after a truck accident in Fredericksburg include:
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs
- Medical expenses and equipment
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Loss of employee benefits
- Future medical care
Find out more about the value of your truck accident claim when you go over your losses in depth with your attorney.
How Our Fredericksburg Truck Accident Attorney Can Help
When you choose the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, you can focus on your health while we tackle every step of the legal process. We can:
- Investigate how the truck accident occurred
- Obtain the evidence needed to prove negligence and liability for your damages
- Identify the at-fault party and insurance companies you could file a claim with
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- Prepare to bring all parties who contributed to your injuries to court if insurance settlements are insufficient
- Make ourselves available to answer your questions and concerns
Fredericksburg Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
Contingency Fees Make It Possible to Hire a Fredericksburg Truck Accident Attorney
The cost of hiring a truck accident lawyer is one of the top reasons more injury victims do not pursue their cases. However, the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC works with victims in Fredericksburg on contingency.
We will never ask you to put money down as a retainer to secure our services. Instead, we will handle all the costs as we progress through the claims process and only require you to pay attorney’s fees if we win. This means there is little to no risk to you in reaching out to our firm for help.
How Long Before the Statute of Limitations Expires?
Time is limited to move forward with your truck accident claim. The statute of limitations under VA. Code § 8.01-243states that you generally must file your personal injury lawsuit before the two-year deadline passes. Some exceptions may shorten or extend this deadline. The court system will refuse to hear your case if your lawyer does not file your lawsuit before time runs out.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Fredericksburg Truck Accident Lawyer Can Determine Who Is Liable for Your Losses
To win your truck accident case, your attorney must show that someone else is at fault. Multiple parties could be held accountable for your truck accident damages in Fredericksburg. Some examples of such parties include:
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- The truck owner
- Cargo loaders
- Maintenance technicians
- Truck parts manufacturers
- Safety inspectors
- Government agencies
The only way we can successfully recover compensation for your damages is by proving that another party is responsible for causing the accident you were involved in or your resulting injuries. We will need to show the defendant meets the elements of negligence, which include:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
Reviews and Testimonials for Our Truck Accident Lawyer in Fredericksburg
Client reviews are an excellent resource for researching potential truck accident attorneys. Here are some testimonials from our recent clients:
- “I’ve worked with Jim for years, and he is genuinely impressive at his craft. Several others I know have worked with him too, and the feedback has been extremely positive. Do not hesitate to contact him, and please feel free to contact me as a reference.”- Michael
- “Mr. Parrish (Jim) was more than helpful. Not only does he know the law, but he is also a nice guy who cares. He always takes the time to answer questions, return calls, and respond to emails. I was relaxed throughout my case knowing that Jim and his team were on my side.” -Patrick
- “Great lawyer. Walked us through the whole process. Never kept us in the dark the entire time by updating us on the future steps and what to expect. Did what he said he was going to do and more. The support staff was friendly and professional. Will definitely recommend to anyone looking for a lawyer.”- Matthew
Work With a Fredericksburg Truck Accident Attorney Today
With so many parties who could share blame for your injuries, it is easy for claims to quickly become complex. When you have a Fredericksburg truck accident lawyer at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC working for you, the claims process does not need to be overwhelming.
Feel empowered when you have our firm fighting for total financial recovery. Get started on your case today when you fill out our online contact form or call our office to schedule your no-cost, risk-free consultation.