Losing a loved one is a unique hardship that touches your life forever. While no amount of money could ever make your loss easier, it would allow you to grieve at your own pace instead of worrying about bills. At the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, empathy meets experience. With 20 years of service, our founder, Attorney Jim Parrish, secures fair compensation for wrongful death claimants.
Throughout our partnership, you can spend time with family, celebrate your loved one’s achievements, and focus on your grief. In the meantime, our Haymarket personal injury lawyer puts your needs first, fighting for fair and full compensation each step of the way.
To begin your FREE claim review, call now. Peace of mind is just a conversation away.
Why Entrust Our Haymarket Wrongful Death Lawyer With Your Case
Our team understands you’re dealing with many financial hardships. We don’t want to add our attorney’s fees to the mix. So, we extend advocacy on a contingency-fee-basis. In this arrangement, we never ask for upfront fees, rates, or retainers. Many law firms call this a “no-win, no-fee” basis because if your case doesn’t yield compensation, you don’t pay for our time and efforts.
Attorney Jim Parrish Understands How Insurance Companies Operate
Attorney Jim Parrish wasn’t always a personal injury attorney. In the early days of his career, he protected insurance companies from high-value claims. He gained precious knowledge about how claims adjusters dispute cases, discourage people from seeking damages, and otherwise offer pennies on the dollar.
As your Haymarket wrongful death attorney, he will use the information he gained from within the insurance industry to bolster your claim. This way, you don’t have to hope that the insurance company will take your claim seriously. Our team ensures that you’re treated fairly and pursue what you’re owed.
We Seek Financial Compensation for Your Haymarket Wrongful Death Claim
In the aftermath of a loved one’s passing, you deserve compensation that accounts for more than their funeral and burial; you deserve financial recovery for each way their passing has affected your life. Our personal injury team can seek coverage for:
- Your loved one’s end-of-life care expenses (such as hospice)
- Relevant out-of-pocket expenses
- Your loved one’s lost income
- Sorrow, mental anguish, and solace
We can seek other types of damages depending on your case’s facts.
We Get Positive Results for Grieving Families
Since our founding in 2004, Attorney Jim Parrish has recovered more than $30 million in damages for injured people and grieving families. To us, compensation is more than payment for your economic and non-economic damages; it offers the resources you need to achieve closure.
That said, some case results we’ve secured for previous wrongful death claimants include:
- Through a great deal of litigation, we recovered $5 million for a fatal truck accident case.
- We were honored when a young man entrusted us with his wrongful death case after losing family members to a car accident. We secured $1.4 million through an insurance settlement.
- The details of this particular wrongful death claim are confidential. Yet, we can share that following a fatal tractor-trailer accident, we secured $1 million for our client’s losses.
How much you can recover depends on the facts of your situation, including the details of your loved one’s passing and your financial losses. The fact remains: with the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC on your side, you can rest assured that we’re fighting for every dollar you deserve. That way, you recover the funds you need to rebuild your life and honor your loved one’s memory.
You Don’t Have to Manage a Single Case-Related Obligation
The only thing that we ask from our wrongful death clients is that they focus on getting better. Take this time to make memories with your family, celebrate your loved one’s life, and process your emotions. In the meantime, your personal injury attorney will:
- Listen to your story during your initial claim review: By learning what occurred, we can determine where the insurer may attempt to poke holes in your case. Jim Parrish’s experience on the other side of the aisle allows us to predict and defend against any accusations of fault.
- Investigate your loved one’s passing: By investigating the accident, we can match what happened with your story and prepare an airtight case for compensation.
- Review any evidence collected: Evidence is what makes a case. The evidence collected will allow us to establish the other party’s negligence and prove you deserve damages.
- Determine the at-fault and liable parties: By knowing who shares liability for your accident, we may have a larger insurance policy to pull from for your damages.
- Calculate your losses: Most people aren’t aware of all the damages they can recover after an accident or loss. Our team will calculate the value of every single loss so you are made whole.
- File your wrongful death claim: The last thing you should be worrying about while grieving is filing a legal claim. Our team handles every aspect of the process so you can spend time with family and friends during this time.
- Negotiate a settlement: People often accept the first offer the insurer makes without knowing it won’t cover a large portion of their losses. Our lawyer negotiates with the insurance companies to get you every dollar you deserve.
We are also prepared to take your case to trial if that’s what it takes to get the compensation you deserve.
Remember, you get all of these services on contingency, so you don’t pay anything to retain our help.
Your Wrongful Death Case Comes With Many Time-Sensitive Factors
You have all the time in the world to process the details of your loved one’s passing and cope with their absence. There’s no rush there. However, the same lenient time frame does not apply to certain factors of your wrongful death case. Here’s what to know:
- Under Va. Code § 8.01-243, you have just two years to file your lawsuit. Negotiating and gathering evidence does not satisfy this deadline. Even filing your lawsuit a day too late could invalidate your right to damages.
- We need compelling evidence—and the most important forms of evidence won’t last forever. Your wrongful death attorney wants to gather witness testimony, security camera footage, and other information before it becomes unavailable.
When Attorney Jim Parrish worked as a defense attorney for insurance companies, he learned that the sooner claimants file their cases, the better. This prevents claims adjusters from disputing the cause of your loved one’s passing, along with other factors.
Haymarket Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
Our Wrongful Death Attorney Manages Cases Arising From These Situations
Haymarket is consistently ranked one of the best places to live in Virginia. Yet, even in a small town like ours, fatal accidents can and do happen. Attorney Jim Parrish and his team handle wrongful death cases stemming from:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle collisions
- Pedestrians hit by cars
- Bicycle crashes
- Dog bites
- Brain trauma
- Medical malpractice
- Dangerous and defective products
Each of these cases comes with its own nuances, obligations, and processes. At a time like this, you shouldn’t have to learn the law or deal with unsympathetic parties to recover what you need. You deserve the advocacy of our wrongful death team serving Haymarket.
Get Help from Our Haymarket Wrongful Death Attorney Today
You don’t have to spend another minute feeling uncertain about the outcome of your wrongful death case. Attorney Jim Parrish and his team stand ready to pursue and recover what you need. Learn more about how we can help with your case during your FREE claim review.