There are no words that can describe losing a loved one to another party’s negligence. In a situation like this, you have more than our condolences; you have the support of our wrongful death lawyer serving Woodbridge. The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC is a full-service law firm that puts your needs first. Whether through a settlement or court award, we’re determined to recover the full cost of your losses.
Our founding personal injury lawyer in Woodbridge, Jim Parrish, has experience representing insurance companies, so he knows what tactics they use to devalue claims. Don’t struggle with the ordeal of handling a complex legal case on top of your grief. Instead, call our team and explore your options during a FREE claim review.
We Advocate for Wrongful Death Claimants in These Situations
Even in the comfortable suburbs of Woodbridge, people can still suffer fatal accidents. Whether your loved one experienced a fatal collision on Interstate 95 or suffered a brain injury near Veterans Memorial Park, we’re here for you.
We advocate for victims of collisions, dog bites, and other negligence-related incidents. During your FREE claim review, we can listen to your story’s details and advise you on your options.
How Our Wrongful Death Lawyer Intends to Recover Financial Compensation
Let’s cut to the chase. If you lost a loved one due to another party’s negligence, you have the right to compel damages from that entity. However, this is easier said than done––especially if you’re unsure of fault and liability. That’s where our Woodbridge injury firm enters the picture.
We take on these legal burdens while you spend time with your family:
- Collecting relevant evidence, such as eyewitness testimony, and identifying the at-fault and liable parties through an investigation. Our team has years of experience building injury cases and we put this to work, allowing you to focus on celebrating your loved one’s life.
- Assessing the cost of your economic and non-economic damages to ensure your claim accounts for every dollar you deserve.
- Filing your claim with the liable insurance company and negotiating a fair settlement. The last thing you need to deal with when grieving the loss of a loved one is an insurance adjuster trying to give you less than you deserve.
- Litigating your case. We will take your case to court if we feel it’s necessary to get you the compensation you deserve.
You get all of these services (and more) on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning you don’t pay upfront for our assistance. A pre-agreed-upon percentage of your settlement pays for our help, not your savings. Learn more about this arrangement when you call today for your FREE claim review.
Woodbridge Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
We’re Committed to Recovering Your Damages Following a Loved One’s Passing
Every wrongful death case is born out of unique circumstances. So, the damages you can recover should reflect your personal hardships and financial losses. With our law firm’s support, you could recover these types of damages:
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience
- End-of-life medical expenses
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of the decedent’s income
- The cost of anything you spent out of pocket related to your loved one’s passing
We’ve Secured Millions for Wrongful Death Claimants
You can rest assured that when you entrust your case to our Woodbridge lawyer, we’re fighting for the best possible outcome. Since our founding in 2004, we’ve recovered more than $30 million in damages for our clients. Just look at the other case results we’ve achieved for families in situations like yours:
- Through litigation, we were able to secure a $5 million award after our client lost a loved one to a fatal big-rig collision.
- Our client lost several members of his family after a wrong-way driver collided with their vehicle. We secured $1.4 million for his losses.
- Though the details of this case are confidential, we can share that we secured compensation up to the policy’s limits following a fatal tractor-trailer crash. We secured $1 million.
You Don’t Have Long to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Per the state’s statute of limitations, Virginia grants two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file a lawsuit. Negotiating with the insurance company does not buy you more time—and neither does investigating. It’s critical that we act within this deadline or risk losing the right to seek damages.
Adhering to the statute of limitations starts with you calling our firm. From the moment you partner with us, we start building your case in adherence to any time-sensitive factors, including the filing deadline. Your Woodbridge wrongful death lawyer does everything in their power to keep your case moving forward and seek fair financial recovery.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Check Out What Previous Clients Share About Our Quality of Service
Nobody sums up our commitment to our clients better than, well, our clients. Some have expressed:
- “Great lawyer. Walked us through the whole process. Never kept us in the dark the entire time by updating us on the future steps and what to expect. Did what he said he was going to do and more. The support staff was friendly and professional. Will definitely recommend to anyone looking for a lawyer.” — Matthew
- “The Parrish Law Firm is a highly professional organization that pays attention to the clients from start to finish. Mr. Parrish is courteous and pays personal attention to his clients. The staff at Parrish Law Firm are also highly professional, organized, and responsive. I had a great and positive experience and highly recommend the services provided by the firm.” — Basira
We’re confident that you’ll also have positive things to share at the conclusion of your personal injury claim.
What to Know About Wrongful Death Cases in Woodbridge
It’s not easy navigating the claims process in the aftermath of a loved one’s wrongful death. The laws surrounding these cases alone can prove difficult to understand. So, we’ve compiled some things you should know about these legal matters:
We Must Prove Negligence Led to Your Loved One’s Passing
It isn’t enough to believe a loved one’s death was caused by negligence—we must prove it. This involves gathering evidence to show:
- The defendant had a duty of care toward your loved one. In the case of a fatal roadway accident, we would establish that the at-fault motorist had an obligation to drive safely.
- The at-fault party breached that duty of care by acting carelessly or recklessly.
- A negligent person caused your loved one’s fatal collision.
- The death of your loved one caused the beneficiaries to suffer losses.
Using security camera footage, eyewitness testimony, and accident reconstruction data, we can prove these elements and recover damages.
Who Can Seek Damages in a Woodbridge Wrongful Death Case?
In a wrongful death case, the decedent’s personal representative will take legal action on behalf of various beneficiaries. The personal representative is generally named in the decedent’s will or named by a probate court. They undertake the legal process and seek damages for the surviving:
- Biological, step, or adopted children
- Other relatives who were financially dependent on the deceased at the time of death
- Siblings, parents, and others named in the will or trust
Our wrongful death attorney at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC assists the personal representative in constructing and filing an insurance claim for damages. We then negotiate on behalf of the family for a full and fair compensation settlement.
If the insurance company will not negotiate in good faith, we prepare for trial and file a lawsuit against the liable party or parties, representing the family’s interests from the pretrial conferences through to the court’s judgment.
Begin Your Free Claim Review With Our Woodbridge Lawyer Today
Our personal injury attorney is here to help you navigate the complicated legalities of wrongful death claims. We are prepared to meet your needs and keep you updated on the status of your case. Call the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC for your FREE claim review to set your case in motion.