Accidents and injuries often cause a host of financial losses — none of which you should be responsible for. If another party’s negligence harmed you, you could hold them accountable through an insurance claim or lawsuit. Our team of personal injury lawyers in Virginia will help you prove the negligence that led to your accident and the value of your resulting damages.
A Fairfax personal injury lawyer from the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC can calculate your losses, negotiate a settlement, and fight for what you deserve. We’ve recovered more than $20 million in damages in the past few years alone. Now, we’re ready to put our knowledge and resources to work for you.
What You Can Expect from Your Free Case Review
During your free case review, after listening to your story, we can explain your legal options. Our representatives may also ask you the following questions:
- When did your accident happen?
- Do you know what caused your injuries?
- Have you already filed an insurance claim?
- What are you looking for in a personal injury lawyer?
Most clients find it beneficial to communicate requests and satisfy their curiosity during case reviews. You may want to bring a list of questions you have on your mind. Feel free to ask us anything you wish.
We Help Personal Injury Claimants Injured in the Following Situations
The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC manages these practice areas:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog bite injuries
- Medical malpractice cases
- Child injury cases
- Back and spinal injury cases
- Brain injury cases
- Dangerous drug cases
- Defective product cases
- Wrongful death cases
Whether you deal with a negligent motorist, dog owner, or product manufacturer, we can help you. Our personal injury lawyers in Fairfax County are confident in their abilities to manage your case.
Fairfax Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
How Long You Have to File a Claim in Virginia
One or more of the following deadlines could apply to you:
- Va. Code § 8.01.243 typically gives you two years to file an injury lawsuit.
- Va. Code § 8.01.244 generally grants two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
When you work with the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, our injury team will meet all deadlines to ensure your right to compensation. However, we must first learn about your case.
Your Evidence Will Tell the Story of Your Accident
More personal injury cases are settled out of court than in. Insurers and drivers typically do no want to go through this process, and they may offer a settlement or agree to an offer. We’re ready to represent you no matter if you accept an out-of-court settlement or your case goes to trial. No matter what, we handle all cases with diligence and care.
We will make sure to collect evidence of negligence and present it to the at-fault party and their insurance provider. The evidence we collect will include:
- Medical records and bills that demonstrate the cause, cost, and severity of your injuries
- Employment records that prove the extent of your current and anticipated loss of income
- Your police report which gives us contact details and accident details including causes and contributing factors
- Mechanic records and blue book values that prove the cost to repair or replace your damaged vehicle
Our investigators compile this evidence, and our personal injury lawyer applies it to the appropriate areas of your case.
We Will Not Hesitate to Go to Court if Necessary
If your case is one of the rare ones that goes to trial, we will not hesitate to represent you. The trial process can be more time-consuming and involved than getting an out-of-court settlement. Our team will handle it for you from start to verdict. The steps we take on your behalf include:
- Interviewing witnesses and taking depositions
- Preparing you to give your testimony at trial
- Reviewing and scrutinizing all evidence submitted during discovery
- Presenting your case to a judge or jury
You do not have to fight a court battle on your own. Our team will handle the entire trial process and help you keep fighting for the financial compensation you deserve for the at-fault party’s negligence.
Our Team Can Include These Losses in Your Fairfax, VA, Injury Claim
Our personal injury firm could fight for the following damages on your behalf:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced future earning capacity
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience
- Mental anguish
- Lost quality of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Assistive devices, like braces and wheelchairs
- Funeral expenses, including burial and cremation
Depending on your situation, you can seek other types of compensable losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC Can Prove Your Personal Injury Case
We must prove another party caused your accident to recover the compensation you need. More than one party could have caused your accident. Our Fairfax injury attorneys will not let any potentially responsible party off the hook if they’re liable.
Our Lawyers will Establish Duty of Care
First, we must establish that the at-fault party owed you a duty of care. They should act in a manner expected of another reasonable person. For instance, in collisions, all motorists must drive safely. Dog owners must keep their pets from causing harm.
Our Legal Team will Prove a Breach in That Duty of Care
Next, we must prove that the party in question breached their duty of care. Going back to the previous examples, a speeding motorist violates their duty of care by putting others at risk of harm. A dog’s owner violates their duty of care by letting their aggressive dog off the leash.
We Must Establish That the Other Party Caused Your Losses
Our lawyers can prove that the other party’s negligence caused your accident, through the police report, eyewitness testimony, and security camera footage.
We Must Demonstrate That You Suffered Injury-Related Losses
Lastly, our team must prove that you incurred damages. We can do this by using your medical records, employment forms, and testimony from economists.
Our Legal Professionals Can Protect You Against Unfair Insurance Companies
Unfortunately, even with an airtight case, insurers will often offer you less than you deserve. We have no problem going toe-to-toe with unscrupulous insurance agencies, however.
Jim Parrish of the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC has personal firsthand experience with how insurance companies treat victims. Attorney Parrish has extensive experience litigating victim’s claims and started his career in the insurance defense industry.
Wanting to advocate for claimants’ rights, Attorney Parrish founded his own law firm. You can learn more about our commitment to your case’s success during your free case review.
We’ve Won Millions for Injured Claimants and Their Loved Ones
Some of our previous case results include:
- We secured $975,000 for an injured motorcyclist in Haymarket, Virginia. The insurance company first blamed our client. After our team consulted with field experts, however, the insurer settled for almost one million dollars.
- We recovered $700,000 for a decedent’s family in Stafford County. At first, the insurance company denied liability. However, after filing a lawsuit, it decided to extend an offer.
- We secured a $300,000 settlement for a U.S. Marine attacked by an aggressive dog. The owner claimed our client provoked the dog. Upon closer examination, our professionals found that the dog had a history of violence. We settled the case up to the liable maximum limits of the defendant’s insurance policy.
Commonly Asked Questions About Injury Cases in Woodbridge, VA
Previous clients have asked us the following:
What’s My Injury Case Worth?
Our firm can calculate the value of your past, present, and future damages using your employment history, medical records, and personal testimony. Everyone’s case is different, though. Your case may be worth more or less than someone in a similar situation.
How Much Will It Cost to Hire Your Law Firm?
It will cost you nothing up front to put our law firm to work on your personal injury case. Our law firm will represent you on what is called a contingency fee basis. What that means for us is that we will absorb all upfront costs related to your case. That includes:
- All case-related filing fees
- Expert consultant fees
- Paperwork and documentation costs
Here is what our contingency fee representation agreement means for you:
- You will receive a free review of the merits of your case
- You will not add financial hardship to an already stressful situation
- You will have zero out-of-pocket expenses related to your case
Our law firm will receive a percentage of any financial compensation we win for you. We do not expect or receive any compensation at all until then. We are upfront and transparent about our percentage and make sure we are both in agreement right from the beginning.
Does the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC Have Any Accolades?
We sure do. Consider the following:
- We were voted the best car accident lawyers in Fairfax in 2019.
- We have a 10 out of 10 Avvo rating.
- We belong to the Corporate America Legal Elite.
- We won the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys’ customer service award in 2019.
What do Previous Clients Have to Say About Us?
Some of our clients have commented:
- “Thanks for all you’ve done for my son and myself, we really appreciate you & your wonderful team. You guys are the best!!” – Shanale T.
- “Attorney Jim is knowledgeable, helpful and spot on. He personally called me and took time to give me the legal advice that I needed, highly recommended.” – Junn C.
- “Mr. Parrish (Jim) was more than helpful. Not only does he know the law, he is a nice guy who cares. He always takes the time to answer questions, return calls, and respond to emails. I was relaxed throughout my case knowing that Jim and his team were on my side.” – Patrick S.
Begin Your Free Case Review with Our Personal Injury Team Serving Fairfax
If you or someone you love was injured because of someone else’s negligence, our personal injury law firm is on your side. Contact us to learn more about partnering with the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC. Together, we can explore your options at no cost and no obligation.