The worst case scenario happens. You’ve been injured in a car accident, dog bite incident or some other personal injury, and now you’re wondering to yourself, “Can I recover damages related to my personal injury?”. Don’t fret! We’re here to help. Here is a very simple set of questions you can ask yourself to determine whether or not you have a legitimate personal injury claim on your hands.
First, before anything else, evaluate whether or not your injuries are life threatening or require immediate medical attention. If your injuries are life threatening, call 9-1-1 or seek emergency medical help right away.
The Basic Needs
To determine whether you have a personal injury case that you may be able to seek damages for, look for these 3 requirements:
- Was someone negligent? You must show negligence, or that a person acted carelessly or in an unsafe manner, in order for your personal injury claim to be viable. An example of negligence is if a driver runs a red light and causes a wreck.
- Was personal injury caused? This may be obvious, but the presence of personal injury is key to your claim. An example is when you have a broken bone as a result of a wreck caused by a careless driver, who ran a red light.
Questions to Ask Your Personal Injury Lawyer
Once you have determined that you indeed have a personal injury case on your hands, you will want to seek a personal injury lawyer with the experience necessary to handle your case.
Here are some important questions to ask:
- Have you handled similar cases to mine, and do you think you’re capable of handling my case?
- Do you foresee any issues or difficulties related to proving my personal injury?
- What is the personal injury claims process, and what would you require from me?
If you are unsure whether you have a personal injury case on your hands, call the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC at (571) 229 – 1800 for a free legal consultation today!
About Jim Parrish
Jim Parrish’s vision has always been to bring peace to clients whose lives have been turned upside down by their personal injuries and from dealing with unscrupulous insurance companies. With over 20 years of personal injury experience, as well as prior experience working with the insurance companies, Jim is well versed in the tricky ways that insurance companies try to scheme their way out of paying damages to deserving injured persons.
For the first several years of his career, Jim Parrish worked for, provided advice to and represented insurance companies in claims across the nation. However, after seeing the injustice of good people being deprived of fair and reasonable payment for life-changing injuries and damage, Jim decided to use the skills and knowledge he learned from inside the insurance industry to champion the rights of victims of harm and wrongdoing.
Jim’s practice is exclusively limited to personal injury matters arising from car/motorcycle/trucking accidents, dog attacks, products liability, and more.
If you have been involved in a personal injury, call the Parrish Law Firm for a FREElegal consultation today at (571) 364 – 6307 or message us here.