If you or a loved one suffered an injury someone else caused, you know how a sudden loss of physical abilities can affect your life. Whether the injury is temporary or permanent, you likely face expensive medical bills and time off work. We can help you recover these costs and losses.
A Gainesville personal injury lawyer at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC can help you hold the liable party accountable and seek a financial recovery. We offer free case reviews to tell you about your legal options and ask questions about how we can handle your case.
How do I Know If I Have an Injury Case in Virginia?
If we can show that someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or even intentional acts caused your injuries, you might be entitled to compensation.
Companies, individuals, and other parties may be liable for your injuries under many circumstances, including for their actions or inactions.
- A dog owner could be liable for failing to leash a dog in a public park
- A vehicle driver could be liable for speeding on the highway
We can tell if you have a valid personal injury case and explain your legal options.
What Types of Cases Does the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC Handle?
Whether you were hurt by a drowsy truck driver on I-66 or hit by a car while biking in one of the many recreational areas of Prince William County, your injury lawyers could help.
Our firm focuses our entire practice on personal injuries and handles several types of personal injury cases. We assist Virginia residents with claims involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog bite injuries
- Wrongful death
Gainesville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
What Compensation Can I Recover in a Gainesville Personal Injury Claim?
Every claim is different, and your recoverable damages will depend on how the injury affected you. Our team can investigate your case and determine what you might be eligible to recover.
You could seek damages for your:
- Medical bills
- Pain management expenses
- Psychological services or counseling
- Physical, occupational, or vocational therapy
- Costs of assisted living or long-term care facilities
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Value of household expenses incurred due to inability to perform household labor
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience
Our personal injury lawyers in Gainesville will work to build a strong case and seek all available compensation.
Recovering Compensation in a Gainesville Wrongful Death Case
Losing a loved one can cause hardships in almost every area of your life. In a wrongful death case, you can recover compensation for economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical costs
- Loss of income
- Loss of companionship
Our Lawyers Will Handle Every Aspect of Your Injury Case in Virginia
You can focus on healing while we handle all the legal details for you. We can:
- Gather evidence to prove your losses and liability
- Interview expert witnesses to prove your case, if needed
- Determine your damages and a goal value for your case
- Handle the negotiations with an insurance company
- Take your case to trial, if necessary
- File paperwork
- Anticipate local and state laws that may affect your case
- Advise you at every step
Our team works hard to support our clients through the whole process of an injury claim or lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Have Experience With Insurance Companies and will Handle the Complications
Attorney Jim Parrish of the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC is a former insurance industry lawyer who now uses his knowledge of insurance company tactics to represent victims.
Insurance companies will work hard to deny the wrongdoer’s liability and/or minimize the extent of your injuries. Jim knows these tactics and how to defend against them. He will deal with unfair or aggressive claims from the insurance company, suggesting that:
- Your injuries are not as severe as they are
- A prior health condition is the primary reason for your injury
- You were more responsible for your injury than you were
Our Gainesville personal injury lawyers will prepare your case with solid evidence to counter unfair accusations. We will prepare for the potential complications of the insurance claims process.
Our Attorneys Will Gather Proof of the Other Party’s Negligence
Our injury attorneys must be able to prove these elements of negligence to recover compensation:
- The liable party owed you a duty of care
- The party breached that duty
- The breach caused your injuries
- You suffered damages
Gathering strong evidence is crucial in building an injury case based on negligence. This is one of the reasons why you may consider working with a lawyer from our team.
For instance, let’s say you were in an accident with a truck driver. Even though you were significantly injured and your car was totaled, the police report only indicates that the truck driver executed an improper lane change. However, we may investigate the accident and the trucking company’s history – and discover that the trucking company has a record of past violations, including service hour violations.
In this situation, our investigation could gather substantial evidence to prove negligence on the company’s part. Jim Parrish and his personal injury attorneys will investigate your Gainesville case, gather evidence, and build a strong case to get you the compensation you need.
Important Steps to Take for Your Personal Injury Case in Virginia
You could take certain steps to lay a solid foundation for your case—and these actions can make a substantial difference in the outcome of your case.
Gather Your Own Evidence File
If you recorded any names of witnesses to your accident or injury, keep these so we can build evidence using witness testimony. If you paid for injury-related expenses, such as medical devices, hang onto these so your attorney can include them in your case value.
Keeping a pain journal also records your intangible losses, such as your “pain and suffering” and inconvenience.
Seek the Medical Care You Need and Continue With Treatment
Getting care immediately after the injury is an important first step to take. Then, if a doctor advises that you get additional treatments, follow through.
This way, you can give yourself a good chance to recover while also building evidence of your injuries for your case. If you have any gaps in your treatment, you could allow the insurance company to say that you made your injuries worse.
Take Immediate Action to Protect the Potential Value of Your Case
You generally have two years to file a lawsuit in Virginia, per Va. Code § 8.01-243. We advise that you begin your case right away.
As you continue to receive treatment for your injuries, our lawyers can do things such as interview witnesses (before they forget details, move away, etc.) and obtain important records. We will gather time-sensitive evidence to build a strong case.
Testimonials From Our Previous Personal Injury Clients
At the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we facilitate the emotional and financial recoveries of our Gainesville clients. We understand you are going through a difficult time, and want to help. Our previous clients appreciate this commitment, as evidenced by their testimonials:
- “I’ve worked with Jim for years, and he genuinely impressive at his craft. Several others I know have worked with him too, and the feedback has been extremely positive. Do not hesitate to contact him, and please feel free to contact me as a reference.” – Michael S.
- “Mr. Parrish (Jim) was more than helpful. Not only does he know the law, he is a nice guy who cares. He always takes the time to answer questions, return calls, and respond to emails. I was relaxed throughout my case knowing that Jim and his team were on my side.” – Patrick S.
If you choose to work with us, you can take advantage of our responsive team. We will:
- Keep you abreast of your case
- Attend to your individual needs – to us, you’re more than just a number
- Answer any legal questions you have, no matter how complex
Personal Injury Case Results
Our team is focused on securing fair settlements for our clients. We want you to get the financial support you need to get your life back on track.
Our team has obtained notable settlements for our personal injury clients, including:
- $5 million judgment for a female corporate executive.
- $1.4 million for a young man who lost his family in a head-on collision: We helped a young man seek justice after a wrong-way driver crashed into his family’s vehicle on the highway, fatally injuring several people. We recovered $1.4 million through a wrongful death action.
- $975,000 for a young man injured in a motorcycle accident: In this case, the liable party’s insurers attempted to blame the claimant for causing the accident. We collected evidence, consulted with premier expert witnesses to build his case, and eventually reached the final settlement with insurers.
- $700,000 for the family of a young woman who passed away in a tractor-trailer accident: Much like the previous case, the liable party’s insurer attempted to use the police report to avoid an accusation of fault. After our investigation, the insurer changed their tune. We discovered that the tractor-trailer driver was negligent and lost control of his vehicle prior to the accident.
- $300,000 for a retired veteran who a Pitbull attacked: In 2014, our client was attacked by a Pitbull while he was out for a walk. As a result, he suffered permanent nerve damage. The defendant’s insurers tried to suggest that our client was somehow responsible for the attack. We kept the pressure on the liable party’s insurer, and they eventually agreed to a maximum policy settlement of $300,000.
These case results demonstrate how our law firm operates. We will relentlessly pursue the liable party and fight for fair compensation throughout the duration of your case.
What’s the Price of a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Accessibility is important to us. We’d hate to turn away a prospective client due to financial concerns. We also know that your bank account may be hurting after your accident. Because of this, we adhere to a payment policy that prioritizes our clients. We work on a contingency basis, which means that:
- We don’t require any upfront fees or retainers
- We don’t get paid unless you receive a settlement or court award
Let a Parrish Law Firm Gainesville Personal Injury Team Member Review Your Case for Free
Your accident attorney can help you begin the process of a financial recovery. Let our legal team handle the details and provide timely updates while you focus on getting better.
If you are ready to get your free case review and learn how our attorneys can help, call the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC.