All it takes is a slip and fall on an icy sidewalk or a nasty car accident to leave someone struggling through weeks, months—or even years—of arduous recovery. So, if you suffered an injury due to another party’s negligence, we understand the pain and frustration you’re experiencing. However, you have the legal right to pursue compensation from the liable party.
Our Luray personal injury lawyers know the insurance industry. The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, will use our experience battling for victims like you to fight for the justice you deserve. We provide FREE claim reviews when you call, allowing you to get answers and legal advice at no charge. Then, if we move forward with your case, you pay no fees unless we successfully win a settlement or verdict for you.
What does Personal Injury Compensation Look Like?
Every personal injury case is different. Thus, we can’t say how much you could recover until our attorneys sit down with you and carefully review each loss you suffered. In addition, the dollar amount we determine may not be the final amount you receive after your case goes through negotiations or a lawsuit.
Economic damages are monetary losses you can be reimbursed for due to your injuries. You typically prove these losses with documentation:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Potential loss of future earnings
Noneconomic damages are not something that can always be documented by a monetary value. Instead, they are subjective losses for which you may receive financial compensation:
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional anguish
- Change in relationships
Remember, this is not a complete list of your potential damages. Our Luray attorneys will carefully account for each loss you sustained as part of building your claim.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Luray Advocate for Your Future
Our clients have an advantage when they work with the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC. Our founder, Jim Parrish, spent his formative years as an attorney fighting for insurance companies handling accident claims and disputes. He knows the tactics insurers use to pay out as little as possible to negligence victims, and he will use that knowledge to help you you the compensation you deserve..
Our approach to your case will depend on your specific needs and where you are in the claims process when you come to us. However, our typical approach to a personal injury case follows these steps:
- Review the scene of the incident, taking pictures and collecting CCTV data, if available.
- Talk to eyewitnesses and reconstruct the incident to understand the sequence of events better. Collect police and medical reports along with documented histories of all involved parties.
- Using the collected evidence, determine what caused your injury and who is liable for compensation.
- Send a demand letter to the liable party’s insurance company detailing the evidence and damages, along with the costs associated with your injuries.
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a reasonable settlement that fully compensates for your losses.
- Prepare for trial and represent you in court if negotiations with the insurance company don’t yield a satisfactory result.
In personal injury cases, it’s often not enough to believe someone acted negligently; we must prove negligence to secure the compensation you deserve. Showing negligence involves:
- Proving the defendant had a duty of care to act safely, meaning they behave like a reasonable person would in similar circumstances.
- Establishing the defendant did not uphold their obligation to act as a reasonable person would.
- Showing how that action (or inaction) caused the victim to sustain injuries.
- Finally, demonstrating that the plaintiff suffered economic or noneconomic losses due to their injuries.
How Long do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Suppose the liable party’s insurance company denies your claim or refuses to negotiate in good faith. In that case, you might have to file a personal injury lawsuit in pursuit of a compensation judgment.
Va. Code § 8.01-243 gives you two years from the incident date to file. After that deadline, a court might bar you from seeking compensation—although there are exceptions to this rule. Our Luray personal injury attorneys will go into more detail to see if your case qualifies for a filing exception.
Luray Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
Personal Injury Case Results for the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC Clients
Recent settlements and judgments for our personal injury cases exceed $30 million. For example, our team has secured the following for our clients:
- $5 million for an assault victim: A woman had severe injuries and sued for personal injury and pressed criminal charges.
- $1 million for a truck accident victim: A woman suffered severe injuries when a truck hit her car head-on.
- $975,000 for a motorcycle accident victim: A man sustained severe injuries when a negligent driver crashed into his bike.
In addition, our clients share their thoughts about our past service:
- “Jim took my automobile accident case to trial in Fairfax and won! His preparation with me and our witnesses was extremely thorough and well designed. He also effectively discredited the other side’s arguments while remaining courteous and professional. … Overall, I could not have been happier and strongly recommend that anyone in need of a personal injury lawyer contact the Parrish Law Firm.” — M.P.
- “Great lawyer. Walked us through the whole process. Never kept us in the dark the entire time by updating us on the future steps and what to expect. Did what he said he was going to do and more. (The) support staff was friendly and professional. Will definitely recommend to anyone looking for a lawyer.” — Matthew M.
Contact Our Luray Personal Injury Attorneys for the Help You Deserve
Our personal injury attorneys will not stop fighting for the compensation you need to return your life to some semblance of normal. In addition, if your injuries do not allow for a full recovery, we will fight for a new and bright future for you.
So, call the Parrish Law Firm PLLC today for your free claim review. We will do everything possible to make things right for you and your family.