The cold hard truth about serious Dog Bite Injuries is that fair compensation from Insurance Companies for the physical and emotional injuries you have sustained will take an educated and monumental effort on your part.
We have written “A Comprehensive Guide to Dog Bite Claims in Virginia” to help you through this process. Please click here to download a copy of our Report.
**A report cites a current annual cost of $102.4 Million for dog bite related emergency services in the United States. **Weiss HB, Friedman DI, Coben JH. Incidence of dog bite injuries treated in emergency departments. JAMA 1998;279:51–53. *Medical costs after a serious dog mauling can range from tens of thousands of dollars to half a million dollars and beyond. Insurance and dog owners often pay little of these costs. Study highlights *The combination of molosser breeds, including pit bulls, curs, rottweilers, presa canarios, cane corsos, mastiffs, dogo argentinos, fila brasieros, sharpeis, boxers, and their mixes, inflict:
- 81% of attacks that induce bodily harm
- 76% of attacks to children
- 87% of attack to adults
- 72% of attacks that result in fatalities
- 81% that result in maiming
- Embody 9.2%+ of the total dog population
Injuries/Deaths by Breed of Dog
- Pit Bull – Bodily Harm: 2792, Child Victims: 1114, Adult Victims:1047, Deaths: 263, Maimings: 1677
- Rottweiler – Bodily Harm: 514, Child Victims: 90, Adult Victims:136, Deaths: 81, Maimings: 294
- Husky – Bodily Harm: 79, Child Victims: 49, Adult Victims: 5, Deaths: 25, Maimings: 24
- Wolf Hybrid – Bodily Harm: 85, Child Victims: 70 ,Adult Victims: 5, Deaths:19, Maimings: 49
- Bull Mastiiff (Presa Canario) – Bodily Harm:105, Child Victims: 42, Adult Victims: 39, Deaths:15, Maimings: 61
- German Shepherd – Bodily Harm:102, Child Victims: 63, Adult Victims: 30, Deaths:15, Maimings: 63
- Pit Bull-Mix – Bodily Harm:191, Child Victims: 75, Adult Victims: 45 ,Deaths: 12, Maimings: 102
- Akita – Bodily Harm:68, Child Victims: 43, Adult Victims: 21, Deaths: 8, Maimings: 50
- Boxer – Bodily Harm: 62, Child Victims: 19, Adult Victims: 21, Deaths: 7, Maimings: 29
- Chow – Bodily Harm: 58, Child Victims: 37, Adult Victims:17, Deaths: 7, Maimings: 39
- German Shepherd-Mix – Bodily Harm: 43, Child Victims: 28, Adult Victims:12, Deaths: 7, Maimings: 28
- Doberman – Bodily Harm: 18, Child Victims: 9, Adult Victims: 9, Deaths: 7, Maimings: 10
The Parrish Law Firm, Dog Bite Attorney works with Northern Virginia citizens who have suffered from Dog Bites and are looking for fair compensation for their suffering. Contact us today for a free case consultation, or call us at 703-906-4229.
A representative of the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC researched and wrote this article with Mr. Parrish’s consent. If you have any questions regarding the legal implications of what you have just read, please send us your question by clicking here so we can have our attorney review it.