Virginia defective drugs can have serious side effects, but a more common danger is the one of accidental overdosing. Here are a few points from the Center of Disease Control to keep in mind to avoid an unnecessary tragedy.
- 91% of all unintentional poisoning deaths were caused by prescription drugs.
- Among children, emergency room visits for medication poisonings are twice as common as poisonings from other household products (such as cleaning solutions and personal care products).
- 80% of all medication poisonings in children were because an unsupervised child found and consumed medication.
- Unintentional poisoning was second only to motor vehicle crashes as a cause of unintentional injury or death.
- Keep all prescribed medication in a high place out of reach of children.
- Carefully read all labels on prescription medication to avoid taking frequent doses or over doses
Parrish Law Firm, PLLC works with Virginia residents who have suffered as a result of defective drugs or products. Our seasoned attorney has years of experience with insurance companies and will work to get you fair compensation. Call us today at 703-906-4229 or fill out a free case consultation.