Parrish Law Firm, PLLC works with families whose loved one was killed due to someone else’s negligence. In such wrongful death claims, we use our experience to get fair compensation from the opposing party.
Damages Allowed in a Wrongful Death Claim
The following are the five types of damages that are available to the family of person who was killed due to negligence of another party, taken exactly from the Virginia Model Jury instruction:
- Any sorrow, mental anguish, and loss of solace suffered by the beneficiaries. Solace may include society, companionship, comfort, guidance, kindly offices, and advice of the decedent.
- Any reasonably expected loss in income of the decedent suffered by the beneficiaries;
- Any reasonably expected loss of services, protection, care, and assistance which the decedent provided to the beneficiaries.
- Any expense for the care treatment, and hospitalization of the decedent incident to the injury resulting in his death; and
- Reasonable funeral expenses.
Losing a loved one is painful, and filing a suit after their death can be a daunting task. You don’t have to fight alone: Parrish Law Firm, PLLC is dedicated to getting you the fair compensation you need. Call us today at 703-906-4229, or fill out a free case consultation form.