When it comes to keeping your child safe, no danger is too small to take seriously. High-powered magnets can be a serious risk to your child’s safety, as their attraction is up to eight-times stronger than those of magnets found in children’s toys.
These magnets are small enough to be swallowed and can then attract each other inside the child’s stomach. Some incidents of swallowed magnets have required surgery in order to remove the magnets and repair any damage done to the stomach and intestinal tissue.
If you think your child may have swallowed magnets, look for these symptoms:
- Abdominal Pains
Take your child to see a doctor immediately, and understand that multiple magnets may look like only one in X-rays.
Parrish Law Firm, PLLC works with northern Virginia residents who have suffered injury because of defective products. Contact our product liability attorney today at 703-906-4229 or fill out a free case consultation form.
A representative of Parrish Law Firm, PLLC researched and wrote this article with Mr. Parrish’s consent. If you have any questions regarding the legal implications of what you have just read, please send us your question by clicking here so we can have our attorney review it.