There are few things more enjoyable than taking your children out for an evening of candy and costumes in the crisp October air. That’s right, it’s Halloween time. There is much to enjoy about the holiday and we want to make sure that your princesses and goblins go about their candy collection safely, so they can return to the house and count their earnings.
Here are some Halloween safety tips for those northern Virginia residents looking to take their kids around the block.
Halloween Safety Tips
- Always select flame resistant materials when buying Halloween costumes and accessories.
- Avoid using open flame candles and use battery operated lights and candles instead.
- Make your costumes reflective by trimming them with reflective tape.
- If out after dark, carry flashlights or glow sticks to make sure cars and other pedestrians can see you.
- Make sure consumes fit snuggly. Capes and long skirts that drag on the ground can cause falls if stepped on.
- Dress for the weather. If it’s bitterly cold out, make sure kids have the proper gloves, scarves and hats to keep them warm.
- Make sure masks, scarves, and hats allow good visibility and ventilation.
- Have fun!
Parrish Law Firm, PLLC personal injury attorney works with northern Virginia citizens who have been injured by another party’s negligence. Contact us today for a free case consultation or call us at 703-906-4229.
A representative of Parrish Law Firm, PLLC researched and wrote this article with Mr. Parrish’s consent. If you have any questions regarding the legal implications of what you have just read, please send us your question by clicking here so we can have our attorney review it.