Golden Apple Program
Get Your Free Claim Review
$50.00 awarded each week to public school teachers in Northern Virginia.
Did you know an extraordinary 92% of public school teachers in Virginia must purchase necessary school supplies out of their own pockets?
Increased cuts in school budgets over the years have forced teachers to consistently spend their own money so they may provide their students with supplies for a more enriching experience and proper education. Often times this means teachers use their own income to purchase pencils, books, paper, etc. for students that may not be able to afford these items.
According to the National School Supply and Equipment Association (NSSEA), teachers spend more than $1.2 billion from their own pay to supplement the insufficient funds schools are able to provide
due to budget cuts within state government.
So why does this matter? As a part of the northern Virginia community, James Parrish and the Parrish Law Firm want to help make teachers’ jobs a bit less stressful — after all, it’s not easy to teach a classroom full of nine year olds…or worse, teenagers. Our firm believes that education is a right, and by offering these very well deserved gift cards, we hope teachers will continue to have the means necessary to provide resources that allow them to teach their students without obstacle.
Here’s how it works:
- Each week during the school year, the Parrish law Firm will give one teacher a $50.00 gift card to use for their classroom.
- Anyone can nominate a teacher. This includes parents, students, administrators, coworkers or even the teacher themselves.
- A teacher is only eligible to win once each academic year.
- Teachers in Fairfax, Prince William and Fauquier counties are eligible.
- Winners will be notified by e-mail.
- We would love to receive a photo of the winning teacher or classroom to showcase your win.
Please download and fill out the form below to enter the Parrish Golden Apple Program. Once complete, e-mail your application to email@example.com