Manassas Personal Injury Lawyer
Get Your Free Claim Review
9214 Center Street,
Manassas, VA 20110
Mon-Fri: 9 AM – 5 PM
Phone: (571) 229-1800
Have you sustained a personal injury that is the fault of someone else, whether it is a business or an individual? We know the pain and anguish that can come along with an injury from a car accident, dog bite or any other major event, and we know that you can feel uncertain about what to do or what steps to take next. Our team of personal injury lawyers in Manassas, VA can help get you the compensation that you deserve, even if we can’t make the results of the injury go away.
No matter how you suffered your injury, you can — and should — hold the at-fault party liable for your injuries. However, this is much easier said than done. But you do not need to handle it alone. A personal injury lawyer in Manassas at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC can help.
Call today: 571-229-1800.
A personal injury can be very traumatic, no matter what the source or cause. We understand this, and we will do everything we can to learn more about your injury so that we can provide the best help possible. This includes things such as getting you compensation for medical care, physical therapy, lost income, physical and mental suffering, and more.
Whether you have suffered a temporary or permanent injury, we can help. Our Manassas, VA team of lawyers has the experience you need to get the help that you deserve. We have represented a wide range of personal injury victims and helped them obtain the compensation that was needed to help them physically and mentally start to recover from their accidents.
Parrish Law Firm personal injury lawyers can handle any type of injury
- Work-related injuries
- Car accidents
- Dog bites
- Bicycle accidents
- Defective or dangerous drugs
- Construction accidents
- And more.
If you are looking for an personal injury lawyer in Manassas, VA who cares about you and about the outcome of your case, contact Parrish Law Firm, PLLC today for a free consultation. We will work hard to learn and understand the facts of your case so that we can tell you what your options are. Personal injuries can be very serious, and you can rest assured that we will take your case seriously.
Personal Injury Lawyer Manassas VA
Don’t try to handle your personal injury case alone, and don’t try to go directly through the insurance companies to reach a settlement. A personal injury can have lasting effects that go far beyond medical bills, including affecting your ability to go to work or even to perform certain tasks. It is always best to consult with an attorney before agreeing to any kind of settlement or signing any paperwork. If you live in the Manassas, VA area and have been the victim of a personal injury, contact Parrish Law Firm, PLLC today!
How can I recover compensation?
The first step to getting compensation after an injury is filing a claim.
The process of filing a claim after an accident is not easy. Filing a claim requires gathering information, preparing a compelling argument, defending against accusations of fault, and calculating damages.
Fortunately, you will not need to do any of that. We take on these responsibilities and leave you to focus on your recovery. All you need to do is continue receiving medical attention and call us as soon as possible because we only have two years from the date of the accident to bring suit in court.
To get a full picture what happened, we will need to gather evidence relating to the incident. The type of evidence we gather can depend on the type of accident:
- Car accident/motorcycle accident: When a car crash occurs, we will collect police reports from the scene of the crash as well as testimony from witnesses who saw what happened. We will also take photographs of the scene and look for relevant surveillance footage. If the driver was intoxicated , we will subpoena records to determine the driver’s blood alcohol concentration.
- Truck accident: In addition to looking for police reports and witnesses as we would in a car accident, we will also look for trucking logs that show whether the driver had violated federal trucking regulations by driving too much in one day. We will also look for company records to show if and when it performed vehicle inspections if we believed shoddy maintenance contributed to the crash.
- Pedestrian/bicycle accident: If you suffered injuries in a pedestrian or bicycle accident, we will investigate the scene, determine whether you had the right of way, and begin creating defenses to any accusations that you were at-fault.
- Dog Bite: If a dog attacked you or a loved one, we will determine whether the owner knew his dog was dangerous and/or if the dog was unrestrained at the time of the accident.
Preparing Your Case
Once we have all the evidence we need, we will start putting it all together. We will focus on proving that the other parties in your case were negligent and are therefore liable for your injuries and damages. Negligence occurs when a person breaches the duty owed to another person by acting irresponsibly. For example:
- If a drunk person gets behind the wheel and crashes into another vehicle, she has breached a duty to her fellow motorists to follow all traffic laws and operate her vehicle safely.
- A car turning left fails to accurately survey the intersection and turns in front of a motorcycle, causing a crash. By failing to survey the intersection, the driver has behaved negligently and might be liable for any injuries the rider suffers.
In addition to proving that the parties were negligent, we must prove that their negligence caused your injuries. For example, if the other driver was intoxicated but you caused the crash, you cannot recover compensation. Expert testimony is often helpful for this aspect of the case. A forensic engineer or other scientific expert can testify as to how the accident occurred.
In a car accident, they may have to reconstruct the accident and determine the speed of the vehicles or the visibility at the time of the crash. We may call medical experts to testify to the mechanism of the injuries. They can testify to whether the accident that occurred could cause the types of injuries the victim suffered. They can also testify to what treatments are necessary and what the future looks like for the victim. This is very helpful when putting a value on your damages.
What can I recover?
Once both sides have investigated the accident, you will likely receive a settlement offer. In most cases, it will be much too low. We will ensure it covers all your accident-related expenses. However, before you meet with us, you can get an idea of what the insurer bases your settlement amount on:
- The severity of your injuries: Certain accidents can result in traumatic brain injuries, paralysis, broken bones, and other severe injuries. Our medical experts, as well as your physicians, will testify regarding your injuries and discuss the treatments you have undergone in the past, as well as future treatments. Many medical treatments are expensive and can drive the total amount of damages way up.
- The effects on your work life: Many people must miss work because of injuries. You can recover lost wages depending on how much you would have earned had the accident not occurred.
- Your future ability to work: Despite months of rehabilitation and recovery, many people are unable to return to the jobs they once had after an accident. The court will account for this and award damages for loss of future earning capacity.
- Whether you were partially at fault for the accident: Contributory negligence laws make it difficult for injured parties to recover the compensation they deserve. Our attorneys will do our best to prove that your accident was the other party’s fault.
Call Jim Parrish to get started today.
You have a lot on your plate after an accident. In addition to recovering physically, you must deal with the emotional difficulties that come with the recovery process. We can help. Our founder, Jim Parrish, has experience on both sides of the table — as an insurance company lawyer and as a personal injury lawyer. He knows the tricks insurers pull and how to defend against them.
Call the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC at 571-229-1800 to discuss your legal options today.
Whether you have been injured in a car accident, bitten by a dog, or suffered severe side effects from a dangerous medication, you are likely to face a large and cut-throat insurance company standing in between you and the compensation you deserve. At Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, our legal team has extensive insider knowledge about how these cases work because firm founder James R. Parrish actually used to represent the insurance companies in personal injury cases.
In his years of mastering the ins and outs of insurance company defense strategies, Jim learned three very important things that would change the path of his legal career:
- Deep-pocketed insurance companies will employ sophisticated tactics and go to legal extremes to avoid paying injured people the money they deserve.
- Many Virginia personal injury lawyers do not have a thorough understanding of how insurance companies manipulate and twist situations to protect their pockets. Thus, many injured people don’t receive adequate and effective representation.
- A good personal injury lawyer becomes great when he believes in the cause he is fighting for, and Jim decided the people who had been injured due to someone else’s negligence are the ones who deserve justice.
Fighting the Good Fight
Jim Parrish is solely committed to fighting for the rights of those who have been injured as a result of an individual’s or company’s negligence. Before starting his own personal injury firm, Jim served as a partner in one of Virginia’s oldest trial law firms, working alongside highly respected litigators and learning about the inner workings of insurance companies.
Now, the skilled personal injury legal team at Parrish Law Firm, PLLC draws on Jim’s insights and knowledge of the insurance industry to build strong cases for our clients. Although the fight for justice is never easy, our firm takes great satisfaction in knowing we are securing full and fair compensation for people who really need and deserve it.
Our Approach to Personal Injury Cases
Our firm takes the “personal” in personal injury cases to heart. We form close relationships with our clients, and our legal team takes the time to thoroughly discuss each case. To us, you are more than a claim number or a case summary. You are a person is suffering due to someone else’s negligence, and you deserve the compassion and support that come with professional legal representation.
At Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we value honesty and integrity. We are very candid with our clients about the road to compensation and the challenges we may face from insurance companies. Our goal is always to win maximum compensation for your injuries, and from the beginning, we will be very honest with you about what that might look like.
Throughout our handling of your case, we will keep the lines of communication open to make sure you understand and are up to date on what is happening. You can trust that our legal team will provide the highest quality legal services in a cost-effective and conscientious manner.
When You Need an Advocate Who Cares
Whether you have been injured in an accident in Manassas, Fairfax, Warrenton, or anywhere else in Northern Virginia, you deserve an injury attorney who has compassion for your situation and a dedication to justice. At Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we believe that insurance companies have an obligation to pay accident victims full and fair compensation for their injuries, and we feel it is our duty to hold them to that.
Our skilled injury legal team is committed to providing you with personalized service and savvy representation. To get started on your personal injury case, contact us now to schedule a free and confidential consultation. We will review the details of your case and discuss the best strategy for pursuing maximum compensation for you.
Dedicated to the Community
Jim Parrish and the rest of his legal team at Parrish Law Firm, PLLC are proud to serve Manassas, Fairfax, and the surrounding Northern Virginia communities. We aim to reflect the warmth of the good people of these communities by giving back on a professional and a personal level.
Parrish Law Firm, PLLC has been recognized by the Fairfax Bar Association as Pro Bono Law Firm of the Year. The firm has also supported local teachers and students by securing donations of school supplies, and we have helped people in need in Manassas, Fairfax, and surrounding communities by sponsoring coat drives.
Jim personally serves on the board of Eli’s Heart, an organization that helps families of children who are suffering from congenital heart defects, and the PY vs. PD Foundation, which supports research and awareness about Parkinson’s disease.
As a dedicated father, Jim also devotes his time to coaching young people in softball, baseball, and basketball. He lives with his wife and two children in Gainesville, Virginia.