Dog Bite Accident Lawyer in Stafford County, VA
Get Your Free Claim Review
If a dog bit you, you could have grounds to pursue the animal’s owner or custodian (e.g., dog walker or dog sitter) for damages. A dog bite accident lawyer in Stafford County, VA from the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC can help you build a personal injury case and recover compensation for your medical expenses, time away from work, “pain and suffering” and inconvenience, and other damages. Injury attorney Jim Parrish has a strong track record of helping injury victims recover compensation.
Our team wants to hear from you today. We offer a free initial case evaluation during which we can let you know how we can help you pursue damages. If you decide to work with us, we do not charge a fee until we recover money for you. For your free consultation, call 571-229-1800 today.
The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC Can Help You Recover Damages for a Dog Bite Injury
The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC team knows that a dog bite can cause lifelong injuries, permanent scarring and disfigurement, and even death. If a dog bit you, we will fight for you. Our team can hold the dog owner liable and help you recover damages for your injury.
Under Virginia law, we have several ways to hold a dog owner liable for a bite injury or attack. No matter the circumstances of your dog bite, a high chance exists that the dog owner was liable in some way. Our job is to conduct an investigation and determine exactly how the owner was liable under Virginia law.
Liability for a Dog Bite Under Virginia Law
Virginia’s one-bite rule notifies the dog’s owner/custodian that the dog has been dangerous in the past. The owner/custodian must exercise reasonable care to restrain the dog and warn others of the dog’s potential to bite or attack.
But regardless of the dog’s past behavior, all dog owners/custodians have a duty to exercise reasonable care to keep the dog under control. Owners/custodians must use due care to prevent the dog from running at large, jumping on people, and biting or attacking others.
If a dog bit you, the dog owner/custodian may be responsible for your injuries and damages. We can help you establish liability.
How a Dog Bite Lawyer in Stafford County, VA Can Help You
The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC team has fought and won many dog bite injury cases for clients in Virginia. We know how to build a strong case and hold pet owners reliable for injuries their dogs caused.
We pride ourselves on our attentive, personalized client service. Our clients are like family to us, and that is how we treat them, leading a recent client to state, “I felt like I was their only client.”
We want you to feel the same way when you work with us. The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC will:
- Perform a thorough investigation into your case: If there is a way to hold the dog owner liable for your injuries, we will find it.
- Collect necessary evidence: We do not just argue that the dog owner is responsible for your injuries. We gather and accumulate compelling evidence that makes our case for us.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Pets are often covered under their owners’ homeowner’s insurance policies. To recover damages from a dog bite, we often must go through the insurer. Before starting his firm to help injury victims, Jim Parrish worked for the insurance companies. He uses the information he gleaned from his years inside the insurance industry to his clients’ advantage.
- Fight for the compensation you deserve: Our team is willing to stand against the insurer to get the compensation you deserve.
- Communicate with you often: With us, you will never wonder the status of your case or what your lawyer has done lately to work on it. We send regular updates and are always available to address any question or concern.
Determining the Value of Your Stafford County, VA Dog Bite Injury Claim
The value of your case depends on your injuries and how they affected you. To determine what you might be able to recover, we can investigate the attack and discuss your case with medical and vocational experts. However, you may be entitled to compensation for any of the following:
- Current and anticipated future medical expenses
- Lost time at work
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
Act Quickly or Risk Recovering Nothing
In Virginia, you have two years from the date of your injury to take legal action for a dog bite claim. It can pass faster than you think. Do not wait and risk recovering nothing. Call the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC today at 571-229-1800.
Call 571-229-1800 Today for a Free Case Evaluation With the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC
Jim Parrish and his team want to get to work for you today. We can help you recover damages for your dog bite injury. Call 571-229-1800 for a free case evaluation.