Alexandria Personal Injury Lawyer
Get Your Free Claim Review
Accidents take their toll on victims in countless ways. The aftermath of an accident can be physically, emotionally, and financially draining.
Perhaps you have experienced this.
On top of health concerns, the inability to work may have left you wondering how you are going to pay rent or the mortgage, provide for your children, and keep up with other expenses. If you or a loved one suffered personal injuries because of someone else’s negligence, you might be entitled to financial compensation.
If You Are Not Sure What to Do Next, Call Us Now
Fear of making the wrong decision can prevent people from taking action. While this is understandable, time is not generally on a victim’s side in a personal injury case.
Initial consultations are free to personal injury victims and always confidential. A meeting is your next step if:
- You wonder what the top end of your case value looks like
- You want to avoid the traps that come with dealing with an insurance company on your own
- You are frustrated in trying to get a fair settlement from an insurance company yourself
- An insurance adjuster is trying to manipulate you, employ intimidation tactics, or give you the runaround
- You have questions about the claims process, litigation, or typical timeline for resolution
- You want guidance on what you can (and should) be doing and avoiding to help your case
- You want an attorney to build a strong case that significantly increases its value
- You are having a difficult time receiving medical care because of general practitioners or specialists who do not want to be involved in a personal injury claim
Types of Personal Injury Accidents We Handle
The Parrish Law Firm focuses its practice on helping personal injury victims. Our clients include both children and adults.
Alexandria injury attorneys help clients who have suffered:
A personal injury attorney in Alexandria can fight for good results for victims of truck accidents, car accidents, and motorcycle accidents. Our experience also includes pedestrian accidents and drunk driving accidents.
Dog bites cause thousands of emergency room visits and hospitalizations each year. Fractured bones, open wounds, and subcutaneous infections can cause serious health risks.
When household pets belonging to neighbors or friends are the culprits, it can be difficult to proceed out of fear of what will happen to the pet or the relationship.
Personal injury lawyers in Alexandria, VA have helped many victims through this tricky claim process, and we can help you.
If the act or omission by a physician, hospital, laboratory or other healthcare provider resulted in injury, you might have a claim for medical malpractice.
When you hire The Parrish Law Firm, our personal injury lawyer in Alexandria will consult with several professionals in the medical field to evaluate and build medical malpractice claims.
Manufacturers and suppliers owe consumers a duty of care to make products reasonably safe and to provide adequate warning of potential hazards. Serious injury can result from failures in these areas.
The Parrish Law Firm would like to hear from you about any concerns you have about the use of prescription or over-the-counter drugs, dietary supplements, and other types of consumer products.
Types of Injuries We Handle
We are well-versed in a wide variety of injuries to the body, including the following:
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a frequent cause of disability and death. This type of injury usually results from motor vehicle and defective product accidents. It can also happen because of medical negligence or injuries at work.
As with brain injuries, spinal cord injuries are complicated, with pathologies that may not necessarily present in routine diagnostic tests. Motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall accidents (including workplace injuries), and medical malpractice comprise the most common causes of these injuries.
Unfortunately, negligence sometimes claims the lives of unsuspecting victims. When this happens, we represent estates and surviving family members to make sure that victims receive the maximum compensation the law provides.
What Kinds of Damages can we Pursue Compensation For?
Alexandria personal injury attorneys gather several types of factual evidence and potentially expert witness testimony to show that the other party (or parties) was/were negligent. Any party found careless may be liable to you for damages.
The term “damages” is another way of expressing losses.
What do the losses include?
- Medical bills for examinations, diagnostic tests, evaluations, surgeries, and medically related transportation expenses
- Future medical expenses as forecasted within a reasonable degree of medical certainty
- Therapy (physical, vocational, occupational, psychological)
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Long-term care, such as home healthcare provider expenses or a long-term care facility
- Home or vehicle modifications required to accommodate a disability
- Pain and suffering (both past and future)
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Value of household services the victim is no longer able to provide
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning/wealth potential.
If you can return to work, but unable to generate income and benefits at the same level you enjoyed before the accident, the negligent party may be liable for the difference.
In some cases, punitive damages are available to victims. A court may direct a jury to consider punitive damages in cases where the wrongdoer’s conduct was willful, malicious, or egregious.
In certain drunk driving cases, for example, a specific Virginia statute provides for punitive damages. Punitive damages might also apply where a defendant concealed a harmful condition, knowing injury could result, or the defendant intentionally subjected a victim to harm.
The Best Time to Start on Your Personal Injury Case is Now
Your initial consultation with The Parrish Law Firm includes a free claim review. You can find out whether you have a case and, if so, how to value your situation regarding financial compensation.
Do not let fear of the future consume you. Give your worries to The Parrish Law Firm; and let us take it from here. Call 571-229-1800 today.