Gainesville Food Order Delivery Car Accident Lawyer
Get Your Free Claim Review
Food delivery services have become a major part of how Americans, including Virginians, feed themselves.
Some of the services that you may have access to as a customer in Gainesville include:
- Uber Eats
Other national or local food delivery services may also account for drivers on the roads of Gainesville, in addition to businesses that hire their own drivers. If the driver of a food delivery service caused harm to you or a loved one through an accident, then a Gainesville food order delivery car accident lawyer can secure compensation on your behalf.
Call the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC today at (571) 229-1800 for a free consultation about how hiring us could help you.
Potential Causes of Your Gainesville Food Order Delivery Car Accident
With the introduction of app-based food delivery services, many delivery drivers work on a freelance basis. This means, in addition to working a full-time job, a person may work as a food delivery driver to supplement their income. Additionally, these workers do not get paid on an hourly basis. Instead, they are paid based on tips and the number of deliveries they make.
The need for drivers to make multiple deliveries in order to hit their earnings target may lead to:
- Drivers rushing to pick up and deliver food
- Drivers taking specific actions for the purpose of increasing deliveries, such as proceeding through a red light or rolling through a stop sign
- Drivers being distracted by the apps that track their progress or location
With the increased popularity of food delivery services comes the risk of car accidents.
Some other contributing factors to your collision in Gainesville may include:
We mentioned earlier that food delivery drivers often work multiple jobs. This may lead to an increased number of fatigued drivers while on the road. The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) reports that drowsy driving features many of the same effects as drunk driving. These effects can include impaired vision, slow reaction times, and risk-taking behaviors.
A Greater Number of Drivers on the Road
Whether they are driving around town waiting for an order or making deliveries, food delivery drivers increase the density of traffic on the road. This may make it difficult for motorists to perform certain driving maneuvers, such as merging lanes, making U-turns, or coming to a complete stop.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in an accident caused by a food delivery driver, then a Gainesville food order delivery car accident lawyer may be able to handle your case. Call the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC today at (571) 229-1800 for more details about hiring a lawyer.
A Lawyer Will Defend Your Rights and Seek Fair Compensation
When you work with the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we will evaluate your case from a variety of angles to determine a suitable course of legal action.
Some of the questions that your lawyer may ask themselves while creating a legal strategy for your case include:
- Does the at-fault driver have insurance? If so, is this insurance offered through the food delivery company?
- What implications does their status as a contractor or employee have on their insurance coverage?
- Is a specific company responsible for the driver’s actions?
A lawyer may be able to answer these and other questions following your accident. After reviewing your case, they may advise you on whether an insurance claim or lawsuit could help you recover compensation for your collision-related expenses.
They can also help you by:
Determining the Value of Your Damages
The harm that you suffer in a motor vehicle accident with a food delivery driver may be referred to as “damages” from a legal perspective.
These damages may be covered through an insurance claim or a lawsuit and may include:
- Your health care expenses. This could include the cost of medications, imaging scans, follow-up appointments, and rehabilitative care.
- Lost income. You can receive compensation for the time you missed from work due to your injuries. You can also recover compensation if you suffered harm to your earning potential.
- Scarring or other types of disfigurement. If your injuries caused serious harm to your physical appearance, you can receive compensation for this challenge.
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience. You may be able to receive compensation for the physical pain, emotional suffering, and inconvenience of your injuries.
Damages may vary greatly from one collision to another. Your lawyer will calculate the cost of these expenses to determine the value of your personal injury case.
Protecting You Against Bad Faith Insurance Practices
Insurance companies do not always have claimants’ best interests in mind. Our founding partner, Jim Parrish, once represented insurance companies. He understands what tactics insurers will use to deny or devalue claims. When you allow the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC to take on your case, we can protect you against any insurance practices that impede your right to fair compensation.
Completing Your Case
An insurance claim or lawsuit requires attention, effort, and resources. Your lawyer will not consider their job done until your case is complete.
Call the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC Today
A Gainesville food order delivery car accident lawyer can provide several services to promote the success of your case. Our ultimate goal is to secure compensation for your accident-related expenses. Call the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC today at (571) 229-1800 to participate in a free consultation.
Unsure about what to do after a car accident or have questions regarding your auto accident case that remain unanswered? Download our free Virginia Car Accident Guide eBook or give us a call at (571) 229-1800.