Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Vienna, VA
Motorcycle accidents occur with shocking frequency in VA, and in many cases, these accidents result in serious injuries or death. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be facing expenses for hospitalization, visits to the doctor, physical therapy, and medications. When injuries are serious, lost wages due to the inability to work can further compound an already overwhelming financial problem.
If you are suffering through physical and emotional pain, rising medical costs and loss of income, the last thing you want to worry about is dealing with your insurance company.
Attorney James R. Parrish is committed to helping individuals and families obtain maximum compensation after serious motorcycle accidents. He will handle the tough stuff—negotiating with the insurer, gathering evidence, filing paperwork on time, and taking your case to court if it comes to that.
Compensation That May be Available to You After a Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle accidents can be physically, emotionally, and financially devastating. A motorcycle accident lawyer serving Vienna, VA will work tirelessly to identify all possible sources of compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company, your own insurer, and any other contributing parties.
Possible forms of compensation you may be entitled to include:
- Medical expenses, past and future
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Transportation expenses
A motorcycle accident lawyer serving Vienna, VA from the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC understand how the insurance companies operate, and we will fight fiercely to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today to discuss your rights and options.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, follow the steps below to protect your health and safety and increase your ability to obtain compensation for any resulting damages:
Move out of the traffic lane.
If you are near moving traffic, and you can move yourself and your bike, do so as quickly as possible. When you are trying to help someone, who has just been injured in a motorcycle accident, do not move them if they appear to be suffering from injuries to the head, neck, or back. If you have access to flares or lights, use these to warn oncoming traffic.
Call for help.
Once the victim is safe from oncoming traffic, call 911. In addition to providing emergency medical treatment, calling 911 will alert law enforcement officers who can, in turn, file a police report and obtain witness statements, both of which can be immensely helpful to your personal injury claim.
Get the contact information of any witnesses and others involved in the accident. Take pictures with your cell phone or another camera and write or record notes about the accident as soon as possible. Memories fade with each passing day; recording details on the day of the accident can prevent you from forgetting important information.
Seek medical attention.
Even if you do not require emergency medical treatment at the scene of the accident, it is important to follow up with your doctor. Your medical records, which include doctor’s appointments and medications, will be useful when dealing with insurance companies, as well as if you decide to file a lawsuit.
If You Think You Were at Fault, Don’t Say So.
If you think that you were even partially at fault for the accident, now is not the time to speak up. For starters, you may be completely incorrect in that assumption; what you thought was your fault may have been caused by a hidden roadway defect or a mechanical malfunction with your motorcycle. Accepting the blame too soon could spell disaster. Let the investigation reveal who was at fault.
Consult a Motorcycle Attorney Without Delay.
When it comes to an investigation into the crash, your insurance claim, gathering evidence, and holding negligent parties accountable for their actions, the help of a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Vienna, VA can make all the difference in the world. This is especially true if your initial insurance claim is denied.
Call us today at 571-229-1800 for a free and confidential consultation about your case.
Common Motorcycle Accident Causes
Motorcycle accidents can happen for a multitude of reasons, in any location, at any skill level, and at any time of the day. But the most common causes include the following:
- Sideswipe Crashes: Motorcycles are often lost in the blind spot of car and truck drivers. When this happens, the car or truck driver may inadvertently veer into the motorcyclist’s lane, sideswiping the bike. Distracted driving is often a factor in sideswipe accidents.
- Left-Turn Crashes: When a motorcyclist is headed straight across an intersection, and another vehicle is attempting to make a left turn in the bike’s path, a left-turn crash is a common result. As with sideswipe accidents, distracted driving is often involved in these types of accidents.
- Rear-End Crashes: Just as in a rear-end crash involving two cars, rear-end motorcycle collisions occur when the bike is stopped and another vehicle slams into the back of it. These accidents can be particularly deadly for motorcyclists, and almost always involve an at-fault driver who was distracted, speeding, or intoxicated.
- “Dooring”: When a motorcyclist is riding close to parked cars, and one of the parked cars opens its door into the bike’s path, a resulting crash is commonly referred to as dooring.
- Wipeouts: Even though wipeouts are solo accidents (not involving another driver), they are not always the fault of the motorcyclist. Common causes of wipeouts are potholes, loose gravel, debris, sand, or an oil spill. If negligent roadway maintenance was involved, you may be able to obtain compensation for resulting damages.
Virginia Motorcycle Accident Statistics
With a temperate climate and beautiful landscape, Virginia is a popular state for motorcyclists. As a result, it also has a higher incidence of motorcycle accidents than many other states. The following statistics compiled by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles illustrate the seriousness of this problem. In 2017, Virginia recorded:
- Motorcycle Crashes: 2,119
- Crashes involving a fatality: 108
- Crashes involving injuries: 1,670
- Crashes involving property damage: 341
Contact a Vienna Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
Our dedicated legal team will fight for your rights so that you can remain focused on healing. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, we can help. You may be entitled to compensation, and you do not have to go through this difficult time alone. Due to Virginia statutes of limitations, we have a limited time to pursue damages. Do not let this time period expire.
Contact us today at 571-229-1800 for a free and confidential consultation about your case.