Manassas Motor Scooter Accident Lawyer
In Manassas, you can use a motor scooter to run errands, go to work, or just have fun. Whether your motor scooter is your regular mode of transportation or used strictly for entertainment, being involved in an accident while riding can leave you with serious injuries. A motor scooter accident can also result in a myriad of expenses, including medical bills and lost wages. At the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, our Manassas motor scooter accident lawyer can help you recover these costs.
Our legal team will investigate your case and our personal injury lawyer will represent you on a contingency fee basis. This agreement allows you to start building your case with no upfront expenses, which means you do not have to wait to hold the at-fault party liable for their negligence. It also means you do not risk running out of time to pursue financial compensation.
Our Investigation Can Uncover the Negligence That Led to Your Accident
After a collision between your motor scooter and a passenger vehicle, your injuries might impair your memories. This can prevent you from providing us with details that help us prove and assign liability. Our team will conduct an independent investigation of your accident to prove the at-fault driver:
- Owed you a duty of care
- Negligently breached their duty
- Caused your injuries and property damage
- Caused your financial expenses and losses
The evidence we collect to prove these components of negligence will likely include your police report, medical records, witness statements, photos, and videos (if available). Whenever possible, our team can request and obtain evidence for you rather than burden you with these tasks. While we focus on building your case file, you can focus on getting better.
Damages We Can Recover After Proving Negligence
An accident on a motor scooter can leave you with costly injuries, affecting many aspects of your life. Some common losses in accident cases include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Current and future lost wages
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience
- Lasting disability and disfigurement
- Mental and emotional distress
- Wrongful death damages, where applicable
Our legal team will gather evidence—including bills, receipts, estimates, medical records, and employment records—to quantify your losses. These documents establish your current and future costs and help prove the value of your recoverable damages.
We Ensure That Your Accident Case Is Filed on Time
Collecting evidence, preparing your case, negotiating a settlement, and getting the compensation you are entitled to can take time. In Virginia, the time you have to file your lawsuit after a motor scooter accident is subject to the statute of limitations:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally two years. According to Va. Code § 8.01-243, the statutory clock starts running on the date of the accident.
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is also generally two years. According to Va. Code § 8.01-244, the statutory clock starts running on the date of a family member’s demise, even if that date is not the same date as the accident.
Interpreting the statute of limitations on your own can be confusing. Our personal injury lawyer will explain the filing deadline and how it applies to your case. We will also clarify any factors like age or absence that might extend the statute of limitations in your favor.
How Parrish Law Firm, PLLC Builds Your Motor Scooter Accident Case
Our motor scooter accident lawyer helps injured clients in Manassas by building strong case files. Armed with information from inside the insurance industry, we take the following actions:
- Accept and respond to all case-related communication and correspondence
- Conduct an independent investigation to identify the cause of your accident and the responsible party
- Negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance company
- Compile evidence of your losses
- Prepare your case for trial if a settlement agreement cannot be reached
Partnering with our team relieves you of the stress of preparing your case and proving your right to compensation. We can also consult a variety of experts to assist with your accident investigation and the aftermath of a settlement or verdict. These experts include economists, life care planners, medical experts, and accident reconstruction professionals.
Our Team does Not Recover Expenses Unless You Do
Because our firm represents you on a contingency basis, do not wait to contact a member of our team after your accident. Early involvement gives us extra time to investigate your case and ensure compliance with the statute of limitations.
When we handle your case, we provide these services at no upfront cost to you:
- Offer a free consultation to review your case and determine its merit
- Investigate your case and prepare your evidence file
- Cover any expenses related to your case, including preparation and filing fees
- Speak to experts who can strengthen and support your case
After an accident, your ongoing expenses do not stop. Our contingency fee arrangement means that you do not have to add further financial strain to your post-accident experience.
Read What Previous Clients Say About Working With Us
Choosing a legal representative is the first step toward financial recovery. When our previous injury clients talk about our representation, they say:
- “Jim’s unique perspective as a former insurance company attorney who is now representing accident victims gives you information that you need if you have been in an accident.” — Michael
- “I needed help to settle a claim with an insurance company…He was able to obtain 10 times more than I could have obtained on my own…Thank you!” — Maritza
Reviews and referrals like these can help you make an informed decision, so you get the legal support and guidance you need.
Contact Our Team Today for Your Free Case Review
If you or a family member were hurt in a crash between a vehicle and your motor scooter, you could be eligible for financial recovery. Find out how our motor scooter accident lawyer can help you get compensation if you were injured in Manassas. Speak with a member of our team today by calling the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC at (571) 229-1800.