Manassas Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffered injuries due to the negligent actions of a commercial truck driver or their employer, the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, can help you seek justice. Our Manassas, VA commercial truck accident lawyers will build your claim and secure compensation for your injuries and damages so the cost of your accident does not come out of your pocket.
Our firm has fought for injury victims since 2004, so we know what it takes to get the money you deserve. You worry about your recovery and your family and let us worry about paperwork, deadlines, negotiations, and legal issues.
Our Attorneys Can Seek Compensation for Your Medical Bills and More
You should not have to pay for an accident you did not cause. If a truck driver or another negligent party is responsible for your collision, we can hold them financially accountable. Our Manassas commercial truck accident attorneys can help you seek:
- Current and future medical expenses. Commercial truck accident injuries can be severe, and you may require extensive and ongoing medical treatment. We will fight to ensure you do not pay out of pocket for:
- Emergency transportation
- ER treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Medical devices and mobility aids
- Physical and cognitive therapy
- Doctor and specialists’ fees
- Long-term nursing services
- Lost wages. We can secure awards for your lost pay and future earnings. If you suffered an injury that prevents you from returning to work, forces you to take a lower-paying job, or reduces your hours, we can pursue compensation for the loss of your future earning capacity.
- Non-Economic compensation. Non-economic compensation awards injury victims for “pain and suffering” and inconvenience. We can pursue awards for emotional and mental anguish, physical suffering, severe and debilitating injuries, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Wrongful death damages. If your loved one passed away from a commercial truck accident injury, we can pursue wrongful death compensation for their medical bills, lost wages (including future lost wages), and funeral and burial expenses. Additionally, surviving family members can pursue awards for their sorrow and mental suffering and loss of their loved one’s services, assistance, care, and protection.
Our Firm Can Take the Stress Out of Your Insurance Claims
Preparing and filing insurance claims, communicating with involved parties, and negotiating for a fair settlement can be stressful, especially if you have no legal experience and have never dealt with a claim.
Attorney Jim Parrish knows the ins and outs of the insurance process because he used to work as a defense attorney for insurers before realizing his real passion for fighting for the injured. He will combine his inside perspective on the insurance industry and decades of personal injury experience to act as a powerful advocate for you and your loved ones. Parrish and his team will:
- Draft and file your claim
- Collect evidence proving fault for your accident
- Identify and document your damages
- Handle phone calls, emails, and meetings with insurance agents and opposing counsel
- Negotiate for the most advantageous settlement available
- Keep you informed with frequent and timely case updates
- Assist you with a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit if necessary
Do Not Wait Too Long to Pursue Damages
It is a good idea to file your insurance claims as quickly as possible after an accident. Additionally, acting fast to secure representation gives your lawyer the best opportunity to collect evidence before it is too late.
Per Va. Code § 8.01-243, you have two years to file a personal injury case in civil court. Va. Code § 8.01-244 allows two years to sue for wrongful death. Failing to meet these deadlines will likely result in the court dismissing your case. An expired statute will also hurt your chances of securing a successful settlement. Our lawyers can help you get started today with a risk-free, no-cost consultation.
The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, Will Build Your Commercial Truck Accident Case
Our Manassas commercial truck accident lawyer will use case experience and legal knowledge to investigate your accident, determine the cause, and pinpoint liable parties.
Furthermore, the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, believes everyone should have access to legal representation, regardless of their current financial situation. So, we offer our services on contingency, meaning you do not owe us any fees until we win your case.
Financial responsibility for your accident will rest with the person or entity whose negligent, wrongful, or reckless actions led to your collision. Potentially liable parties include:
- The truck driver. Commercial drivers must adhere to the same rules of the road as any motorist and follow additional rules and regulations established by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). We can also assist with a claim involving a third-party motorist if their reckless driving contributed to your crash.
- The trucking company. The company that employs the driver may be liable for their employees’ actions under a legal principle known as vicarious liability. Additionally, the company may be liable if it failed to vet and train drivers, failed to maintain its fleet of vehicles, put undue pressure on drivers to meet unreasonable delivery schedules, or otherwise behaved negligently.
- The owner/loader of the commercial goods. Commercial truck accidents can result from problems with overloaded or unsecured cargo. Furthermore, dangerous cargo, such as gasoline and chemicals, must be appropriately labeled and secured. If your accident involved issues with the truck’s load, we can look into pursuing a claim against the entity responsible for the goods.
Whatever or whoever caused your accident, our team will stand by your side until we resolve your case. We are not afraid to take on big insurance agencies or wealthy trucking companies and their legal counsel.
Reach Out to the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, Today
We can help you take your first steps toward financial recovery today. Contact us for a FREE case review and connect with our Manassas commercial truck accident lawyers.
You’ve Been in a Car Accident, Now What? [FREE BOOK]
If you’ve never been in a car accident, you may not know what to expect. The days after a car accident become a blur of hospital visits, doctor appointments, and phone calls. Before you talk to an adjuster or sign with a lawyer, I highly recommend downloading my FREE Virginia car accident book. I wrote this book to help car accident victims get a full picture of car accident claims and lawsuits, and also some tips you can use to help your accident claim. Download our free Virginia Car Accident Guide eBook or give us a call.