The experienced product liability attorney at Parrish Law Firm, PLLC works with Virginia residents in Fairfax County, as well as the rest of northern Virginia, who have been injured by defective products. Our goal is to provide high quality legal service and gain fair compensation for our clients.
Kinds of Product Defects
There are a number of different kinds of product defects, including:
- Defects in Marketing – These are mistakes or flaws in how the product is marketed to the public, including inaccurate labeling and deficient instructions or safety notices.
- Defects in Manufacturing – These occur when something goes wrong during the manufacturing phase of production.
- Defect in Design – These happen when the design of the product from the outset is flawed and unsafe, meaning that every product with that particular design will be defective.
The Conditions for Compensation
In order to have a chance at gaining compensation for your injuries, usually one of two circumstances must be in place. They include:
- The product in question had a defect that was especially dangerous.
- You were using the product in the designated and intended way when the injury occurred.
There are a few stipulations that will probably limit your potential to recover damages. Those include:
- Using the product despite knowing about the defect.
- Attempting to file a lawsuit outside of the statute of limitations in your state.
Please remember that product liability cases can be time consuming and tiring, but we’ll work along side you and try to get the financial compensation you deserve. Call us today at 703-906-4229 or send us an email.