Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Fauquier County, VA
Get Your Free Claim Review
Motorcycle accidents can have devastating physical, emotional, and financial consequences. Due to the small relative size of motorcycles and their lack of a protective enclosure, crashes frequently result in serious injuries or death. If you were badly injured, you may be facing mounting medical bills and lost wages due to your inability to go back to work. You may also be suffering from anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident due to another’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for any injuries, lost wages, “pain and suffering” and inconvenience, and other losses.
It is in your best interest to consult with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Fauquier County, VA following any motorcycle accident.
Injury attorney James R. Parrish has been helping injured motorcyclists and their families for years, and he knows how the big insurers think. As a former attorney for insurance companies, Parrish understands the tactics insurers use to avoid paying victims for their injuries. Our legal team will thoroughly evaluate the details of your case, and position you for the best possible outcome. Contact the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC today at 571-229-1800 for a free and confidential consultation about your case.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
As with all motor vehicle accidents, countless factors can contribute to or cause motorcycle accidents. Some of the most common factors include distracted driving or riding, bad road conditions, excessive speed, and driving or riding while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. There are several other common causes of motorcycle accidents, including:
- Left-Turn Collisions: When a motorcyclist rides straight through an intersection and a driver turns left into the bike’s path, the consequences can be disastrous. This type of crash often occurs because the vehicle driver was distracted, did not survey carefully enough, or simply did not see the smaller motorcycle.
- Sideswipe Crashes: When a car or truck veers into a motorcyclist’s lane, the bike may be sideswiped and the rider may “wipe out.” Distracted driving and failure to check blind spots are common factors in these accidents.
- Rear-End Collisions: When a motorcyclist is stopped for any reason and another vehicle crashes into the bike from behind, this is called a rear-end collision. Driver distraction and speeding are often contributing factors.
- Dooring: When a motorcyclist is riding near a parked car and the car door opens into the bike’s path, a crash may result. In many of these cases, the failure of the car occupant to check for motorcyclists, cyclists, or pedestrians is the cause of dooring accidents.
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Fauquier County Can Help You
Many people attempt to handle their injury claims without legal help. This can be a mistake, especially if you are severely injured. When you hire our team, we handle every aspect of your case, ensuring that you are able to focus on recovering from your injuries. We will:
- Gather evidence: We will gather all necessary evidence to prove your case. This may involve talking to witnesses, gathering photos or surveillance video, and discussing your case with expert witnesses.
- Build a compelling case: We will use the evidence we gathered to build a compelling case proving the other driver caused your accident and injuries.
- Manage communication with all involved parties: You are injured and stressed. The last thing you need to deal with is insurance companies and other parties bothering you. We will handle all communication with the involved parties.
- Negotiate with insurers: Many people accept a low settlement because they assume that is all they can get. We know better. We will use our experience on the other side of the table to get you the compensation you deserve.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, there are steps you can take to stay safe, and to greatly improve your ability to obtain compensation in a personal injury lawsuit. If you are seriously injured, you might be unable to take some of these steps yourself, but other people who are present may be able to help.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you were not whisked away in an ambulance, seek medical attention as soon as possible. For starters, some of the most serious injuries, including traumatic brain injuries and internal bleeding, can take days or weeks to produce symptoms. Secondly, having sought medical treatment will be helpful to your case if you file a personal injury claim.
- Do not speak to the other party’s insurance company, and do not say you were at fault: It is surprisingly common for people to mistakenly think they were at fault in a motorcycle crash when, in fact, the fault lies with someone else. Let the investigation determine the at-fault party.
- Consult with a Fauquier County motorcycle accident lawyer: At Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we will investigate the accident, negotiate with the insurance companies, identify the at-fault parties, and work diligently to prove your case.
Compensation Our Team Can Help You Recover
While the compensation you can recover depends on the circumstances of your crash, common damages we recover in motorcycle accidents include:
- Medical bills (both current and future)
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience
- Mental anguish
Once our team has investigated your accident, we can determine the value of your case. Call today to get started: 571-229-1800.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Fauquier County Today
At the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we are dedicated to defending your rights so that you can focus on getting better. Do not go through this difficult time alone. Let our motorcycle accident team negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf. Contact the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC today at 571-229-1800 for a free and confidential consultation about your case. Avoid overstepping deadlines, and get started today.