Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Haymarket
Get Your Free Claim Review
If a car, truck, public bus, or other vehicle hit you while you were on foot, you could be eligible for compensation from the driver of the vehicle that struck you. If the person was driving commercially at the time of the accident, you might also qualify for damages from his or her employer, such as a trucking company, cab company, or bus company. That said, recovering compensation after a pedestrian accident is not always easy. You need a top-notch personal injury lawyer to help you win a fair and robust settlement.
Jim Parrish and the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC focus on personal injury law, particularly pedestrians injured by careless or reckless drivers. We have a strong track record of negotiating settlements for our clients, and we can put our knowledge and resources to work for you. We offer a free consultation, so there is no risk in talking to us, having all your questions answered, and finding out what our accomplished team can do for you. To schedule an appointment, call our office today: 571-229-1800.
You Could Be Eligible for Many Types of Damages After a Haymarket Pedestrian Accident
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you could be eligible to receive numerous forms of compensation. We investigate how your accident happened, who the responsible party or parties are, and the various types of damages you have suffered. For instance:
Cars and trucks can cause severe injuries to the human body, including broken bones, head trauma, and spinal injuries. Between hospital stays, doctor appointments, therapy, rehabilitation, and medication, your medical costs can be oppressive.
We seek damages not only for your current medical bills, but for those we can reasonably expect you to incur in the future. We can also seek compensation if you require the use of a medical device, such as crutches or a wheelchair, or need home modifications to accommodate a disability (e.g., the installation of a wheelchair ramp).
Recovering from a serious injury can force you to miss significant work, which can take a huge bite out of your income.
Our goal is to hold the responsible party or parties liable for compensating you for this lost income. We seek damages for lost wages in three ways:
- Missed work due to recovering from your injuries.
- Missed work due to attending doctor appointments, surgeries, physical therapy, and so forth.
- Reduced ability to earn a living due to your injuries — in other words, the difference between what you are now capable of earning and what you reasonably expected to be earning had the accident not occurred.
Pain and Suffering
Because they are difficult to quantify, pain and suffering damages can be very subjective, making the skill and tenacity of your personal injury lawyer all-important. The team at The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, is aggressive in pursuing compensation for any pain, suffering, and inconvenience you have experienced on account of your accident.
Punitive damages represent additional compensation, money that, given certain circumstances, you might be eligible to earn on top of all your other damages. Typically, winning punitive damages requires us to prove that the responsible party was engaged in malicious or reckless behavior that caused or contributed to the accident.
We Can Help You No Matter How Your Pedestrian Accident Occurred
Regardless of the cause of your accident, you owe it to yourself to schedule a free consultation with the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, to find out how we can help you.
That said, some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents are as follows:
- Failure to yield right of way: When crossing the street at a crosswalk, whether marked or unmarked, pedestrians have the right of way, and it is the responsibility of drivers to yield.
- Speeding in school zones: School zones are often loaded with pedestrians during the mornings and afternoons, many of these walkers and young children. Accordingly, most school zones have low speed limits, usually 15 to 25 miles per hour. A driver who exceeds this limit and strikes a pedestrian, whether a child or adult, can be held liable.
- Parking lots: Compared to public roadways, parking lots are often pure anarchy, cars moving in every direction, vehicles going backward, vehicles going forward, and so on. As a result, pedestrians often get caught in the chaos, with injuries resulting.
- Public transportation: Our team has worked with clients who were struck by large public transportation vehicles, such as city buses, trains, and trolleys. Usually, the driver is the main party at fault in such cases, but others, such as the person responsible for controlling traffic at public transportation stops, might bear liability, as well.
- Hit and run accidents: Any of the above accidents might also feature the added challenge of involving a hit-and-run driver. If so, our attorneys work with police and investigators to identify the responsible party and pursue him or her for the maximum in damages.
The Attorneys at The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, Have Unique Experience to Help Your Case
One of the most difficult aspects of any personal injury case can be dealing with the insurance company. If you have never before had to pursue an insurance company for compensation, you should know that it is not very easy.
Insurance companies have an incentive to minimize — or eliminate entirely — their payouts to accident victims whenever possible. That is why you need a skilled and aggressive personal injury lawyer to counter such tactics and help you win a fair settlement.
At the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, attorney Jim Parrish has unique experience dealing with insurance companies — before dedicating his career to helping accident victims, he represented insurers! As a result, he can anticipate many of the tactics and schemes they might use to reduce or deny your claim.
Count on the Parrish Law Firm to Handle Your Haymarket Pedestrian Accident Case
Trust the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, to fight for fair compensation from the responsible party and the insurance company. Our team has a strong track record of success and can put it to work for you. Call today for a free consultation: 571-229-1800.