In Virginia, drivers are not required to have auto insurance. Instead, they can opt to pay an annual fee and drive at their own risk. Being injured by an uninsured driver can make getting financial compensation after an accident complicated. When dealing with such situations, it’s essential to consult with an uninsured accident lawyer in Virginia.
Our Manassas uninsured car accident lawyer at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC can pursue financial recovery for your losses. In general, you can file a claim with your own insurance provider to recover damages, or you can file a lawsuit in civil court. You can explore your options during a free case review with our experienced Manassas uninsured accident lawyers.
Damages You Can Recover After a Car Accident in Prince William County
A car accident can lead to an array of expenses that start right at the accident scene. When our Virginia car accident lawyers represent you, we pursue recovery for:
- Medical expenses, which can include ambulance fees, the emergency room, physicians’ visits, and hospital fees. Recoverable damages can also include future medical care, therapy, rehabilitation, and assistive devices, like wheelchairs and braces.
- Lost wages, which can include compensation for the time you cannot work. It can also include personal time off and vacation hours you used during your recovery period.
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience, which can include the physical pain and discomfort of your injuries. It can also include the mental and emotional trauma you endured in the accident’s aftermath.
You can also have your car repaired. If it was totaled, you can seek damages for its replacement. Where applicable, we also help you seek wrongful death-related damages.
We Will Manage Everything Your Insurance Claim Requires
If you have uninsured motorist protection coverage, you can file a claim with your own insurer to recover damages. What you can recover depends on the applicable policy.
Uninsured motorist protection coverage doesn’t only relate to accidents where the at-fault driver doesn’t have insurance. This policy could also come into play if:
- You were injured by a hit-and-run driver.
- You were injured by a driver with insurance––but not enough insurance to cover the accident’s expenses.
Our personal injury lawyer can prepare your compensation request and submit it to your insurer. This requires compiling claim forms, attachments, and evidence. It also includes assigning an accurate value to your compensation request.
You insured your car to make sure you had protection when you needed it most. Our goal is to make sure you understand your rights and the insurance company’s responsibilities.
We Will File a Civil Lawsuit, If Necessary
Driving without insurance can be costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), approximately ten percent of all drivers in Virginia are uninsured. If one of these drivers caused your accident, you could take them to court in pursuit of damages.
Throughout this process, you can trust your lawyer to:
- Cross-examine and interview witnesses
- Consult with experts on your case
- Present evidence to the judge and jury
- Advise you on your legal options
- Apply county, state, and federal law to your case
- Present the cost of your damages
Whatever your lawsuit requires, our team will do it.
Manassas Uninsured Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
Let Us Focus on Building Your Case, So You Can Focus on Healing
You do not have to serve as your own advocate after a car accident. We can help with your Manassas car accident case by:
- Handling communications with all related parties
- Conducting an independent investigation
- Identifying the financially liable party
- Identifying all possible compensation sources
- Consulting experts who benefit and support your case
- Negotiating with the at-fault driver or your insurance provider
- Identifying and meeting all relevant filing deadlines
Our team at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC is passionate about helping injured clients fight for compensation. Our founding partner, Attorney Jim Parrish, once represented insurance companies. Now, he fights for people injured due to negligence.
You Can Trust Our Team to File Your Case Within the Statutory Deadline
Seeking compensation after an accident has a time limit. Consider the following:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally two years, according to Va. Code § 8.01-243. The statutory clock starts on the day of the collision.
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally two years, according to Va. Code § 8.01-244. The statutory clock starts on the date of your loved one’s passing.
In addition to complying with these time constraints, getting our team involved sooner rather than later can have other benefits. It can give us time to investigate your accident, locate witnesses, and canvass the accident scene for photo and video evidence.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Read What Our Personal Injury Clients Say About Us
Our clients appreciate the work we do for them. On our client testimonials page, you can read reviews like these:
- Gio Regal: I was in a car accident last year and I hired Parrish Law Firm to represent me and my family. Mr. Parrish…made sure that all our medical bills and time missed from work were taken care of…I definitely recommend Mr. Parrish.
- Adrienne Nguyen: I contacted Parrish Law firm after being injured in a car accident by an unlicensed driver. Mr. Parrish called me the morning after my late-night email…I would absolutely use them and recommend him to anyone in a similar situation.
Reading what previous clients say can help you make an informed decision. Our team works hard for every client we represent. We’re ready to start building your case now.
Get a Free Review of Your Uninsured Car Accident Case
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident with an uninsured driver in Manassas, you do not have to fight for compensation on your own. Our uninsured car accident lawyer can explain your legal options, determine what you’re owed, and pursue what you deserve.
To get started, contact one of our case review team members at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC. During your free case review, we can discuss what you’re looking for in a lawyer and how we can best serve you.