Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer in Fauquier County, VA
If you or a family member has been injured in a drunk driving accident in Fauquier County, VA, it can be helpful to hire an attorney who will stand up for your rights.
Attorney Jim Parrish has represented many plaintiffs seeking compensatory damages for the “pain and suffering” and inconvenience caused by drunk drivers, as well as possibly punitive (or punishment) damages. He represented insurance companies earlier in his career, which enables him today to anticipate the legal strategies that insurance company attorneys will use to contest your damage claims.
Jim Parrish knows how to oppose insurance companies looking to minimize their financial liability in your case. He knows how to pursue compensatory damages, punitive damages, and how to hold drunk drivers responsible for the injuries they caused.
We can get started on your case right away. Call the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, at 571-229-1800 to explore your options with a drunk driving accident lawyer in Fauquier County, VA.
How DUI-Related Personal Injury Cases Are Settled or Resolved
There are several different options for pursuing the compensation you deserve:
- You can accept a financial settlement offered by your insurance company.
- You can participate in mediation, where a mutually agreed upon settlement with insurance companies may or may not be reached; if not, a trial date is set.
- You can go to trial to seek damages against an insurance company, the drunk driver himself or herself, or any liable third party. Liable third parties include entities like the car’s co-owner or the driver’s employer, if the accident was in a company-owned car and occurred while the driver was performing a work-related activity.
As you can see, many decisions still need to be made. The first decision, however, is to set the process in motion. Call the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, at 571-229-1800 today to get started.
How a Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer in Fauquier County, VA, Can Help You
There are many ways that your personal injury lawyer can assist with your lawsuit. We can:
Collect Evidence of Liability
We can gather evidence that supports your claim for compensation, including:
- Interviewing eyewitnesses who can corroborate your side of the story. This includes any passengers, other drivers, or pedestrians. The police accident report should also be examined, as well as the arrest report if the drunk driver was taken to jail.
- Reviewing the results of the drunk driver’s breathalyzer test, blood alcohol test, and drug test.
- Analyzing the driver’s record of any previous drunk driving arrests, convictions, or previous accidents needs to be examined.
- Looking into any statements the arrested driver made to the police, including any sworn statements he or she later made in court before a judge will be vital evidence needed to support your claim.
Collect Evidence of Damages
Our team can also help strengthen your case by:
- Interviewing the EMTs that treated you at the scene of the accident and emergency room doctors and nurses, especially surgical staff at the hospital.
- Collecting and reviewing your medical records and interview experts relevant to your ongoing treatment, especially therapy you’ve endured over a period to time related to any neurological or orthopedic rehabilitation.
- Interviewing your employer to establish how your injuries have affected your ability to continue to perform your job.
Evaluate Your Insurance Coverage
In a car accident, several different insurance companies may be responsible for personal injury damages. When you become our client, our team will review all relevant policies to determine:
- Coverage limits of your auto insurance policy
- Coverage limits of the auto insurance policy of drunk driver that injured you
- Coverage limits of any third parties, such as owners of the car, employers
Remember, an insurance company may try to challenge the nature and extent of your injuries to limit the amount of damages that they must pay to you. A drunk driving accident lawyer in Fauquier County, VA, can help protect your right to pursue compensation for the full extent of your damages.
Top Reasons to Act Now
The three top reasons to not delay in hiring an attorney for your DUI-related personal injury lawsuit are:
- If you delay filing a claim, it may become difficult to demonstrate the seriousness of your injury or its connection to your accident. The insurance companies may present evidence that suggests you were not seriously injured in the first place.
- If you delay filing a claim, you will have less time to prepare a strong case that can stand up to the insurance company’s arguments. They may offer you an inadequate out-of-court settlement, dispute your claim in mediation, or offering contradictory evidence against you if you decide to go to trial.
- The criminal attorneys representing the alleged drunk driver, while not involved in your civil case, may also try to shift part of the blame for the accident on you, which, under Virginia law, could have serious ramifications for your personal injury claim. Acting quickly can help you stay on top of these developments and build a strong case that clearly demonstrates the liable party’s negligence.
Call Today to Get Started with a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been injured in a drunk driving accident in Fauquier County, VA, you are not alone. Call the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC at 571-229-1800 to schedule your free consultation and case analysis. We can help you pursue the compensation you deserve.