Truck Accident Attorney- Parrish Law Firm, PLLC Will Help With You Truck Aaccident Settlements
Get Your Free Claim Review
Truck Accident Attorney Manassas VA
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, you want answers – but getting them can feel like an uphill battle, especially when you are trying to recover from severe injuries. Attorney James R. Parrish and the team at Parrish Law Firm, PLLC can help. Our firm has extensive experience representing victims of debilitating truck accidents, and we have a long history of aggressively negotiating with insurance companies to pursue the maximum compensation our clients need.
Part of our success in representing truck and semi truck accident victims comes from Jim Parrish’s eye-opening experience as a former attorney for big insurance companies. In that role, he learned the strategies and tactics these large insurers employ to prevent injured individuals from recovering the full and fair compensation they need. He also found that many people tried to stand up to the insurance companies on their own, when they desperately needed skilled legal representation.
Jim Parrish founded Parrish Law Firm, PLLC to fight for the rights of injured individuals. With the knowledge of an insurance industry insider and a serious dedication to customer service, his success has led to the firm receiving the Client’s Choice Award from AVVO and the Client Satisfaction Award from the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
When you are ready to have a skilled Manassas truck accident attorney working hard on your case, contact us to schedule a free consultation. We will go over all the details of your accident and discuss how we can pursue maximum compensation for you.
Who Can Be Held Responsible for a Truck Accident?
Truck accidents are more complicated than car accidents in many ways. Oftentimes, they cause more serious injuries, which means there is more money on the line for insurance companies to fight for. Also, there are generally more parties involved in a truck accident, which means more insurance companies to contend with. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, our skilled legal team may pursue compensation from:
- The trucking company or the driver of the truck.
- The company that owned the cargo the truck was carrying.
- The company or individuals who owned the tractor (or the trailer).
- The company in charge of shipping the freight.
- The company that was responsible for vehicle maintenance.
- The manufacturer or seller of a defective part.
In pursuing maximum car accident compensation for your injury, our dedicated team will launch a thorough investigation into your case to determine exactly what happened and who’s at fault. We will also manage communications with all the parties involved, so you can focus on healing.
Mr. Parrish, your legal services in my defense were invaluable and we are very grateful that you agreed to act as my counsel. I am very pleased with the final result.
What Types of Compensation Can You Pursue After a Truck Accident?
There are several types of compensation you may be entitled to after suffering serious injuries in a truck accident. These include:
- Medical bills that you have already incurred or are likely to incur in the future.
- Lost wages due to being out of work from the accident.
- Property damage to your vehicle.
- Compensation for pain and suffering.
- Punitive damages to punish the at-fault party in extreme cases of misconduct.
In your fight for compensation, one thing the insurance companies may try to use against you is Virginia’s “contributory negligence” law. This law indicates that if you contributed to your accident in any way, you can be denied compensation. However, the experienced Manassas truck accident lawyer at Parrish Law Firm, PLLC understands this law in depth and will build a strong case for who is at fault and what types of compensation you need.
What Should I Do After a Truck Crash?
In the days and weeks after your accident, you can take many steps to protect yourself and start building a strong claim for compensation. Here’s how:
1. Follow all your doctor’s instructions.
If you have not seen a doctor, do so immediately. Then, make sure you follow all your doctor’s instructions. Keep follow-up appointments, appointments with specialists, and any appointments for testing or imaging, such as blood tests or X-rays. If you are prescribed a medical device or medication, follow the instructions for using it. Call your doctor if you have questions about what you should do, if you develop new symptoms, or if your symptoms get worse.
2. Notify your insurance company.
Let your insurance company know the accident happened if you have not already done so. Most insurance companies require you to notify them of an accident within a short time period, or they will deny your claim. However, do not give a detailed statement. Just share the facts of where, when, and who was involved.
3. Keep your paperwork.
Keep all your paperwork related to the accident in a safe place. Include any law enforcement or other reports about the accident, anything you receive from insurance companies, and copies of all the bills and receipts related to the accident, such as medical bills and car repair bills. If you aren’t certain whether a piece of paperwork is related to your accident, keep it just in case. Your lawyer can help you determine whether you need it.
4. Take notes.
If you speak to anyone about the accident, such as a trucking company manager or an insurance adjuster, make a note of the conversation. Write down the date, the time, whom you talked to, and what was said, as well as you can remember it. These notes will help you keep track of who has said what, and help your attorney follow up in pursuit of compensation.
5. Talk to a lawyer.
Don’t sign any agreements, agree to accept a settlement, or give a statement to anyone until you have talked to an experienced Manassas truck accident lawyer. Insurance companies know how to use the rules to their advantage to “wiggle out” of paying many accident claims. Choose a lawyer who knows how insurance companies operate and how to protect your rights.
What Causes a Truck Accident?
When a truck crash happens, the natural first place to look is at the driver. And although driver behavior is involved in many accidents, the causes of the crash can be more complex. Here are some of the most common causes of truck accidents in Virginia:
- The driver is negligent, distracted, or makes an error. Many truck drivers take safety seriously and work hard to drive safely on crowded or busy roads. Unfortunately, it takes only one moment of carelessness, distraction, or sleepiness, or a single mistake, to cause serious injuries.
- Another driver on the road is negligent, distracted, or makes an error. Trucks share the road with many other vehicles, and not all drivers have the same training or screening that truck drivers have. When a careless driver triggers a potential crash, a truck may cause a collision during the defensive maneuvers the driver uses to avoid the first crash.
- The roadway is negligently maintained. Potholes, blind curves, inadequate signs at intersections, and poorly maintained roads marked “truck route” all have the potential to cause serious crashes.
- The truck has a hidden defect, or it malfunctions. Truck owners and trucking companies must ensure that their equipment meets dozens of different safety regulations imposed by the state and federal governments. When maintenance, repair, or equipment checks are neglected, the result can be a malfunction that leads to a crash. Even when the truck appears to be in good working order, a hidden defect in a part or piece of equipment can cause an accident or make an accident worse ─ and no one may realize the problem exists until after it has caused serious harm.
- The trucking company failed to fulfill its duties. Trucking companies have many responsibilities. They must keep equipment in good working order, screen and test their drivers, pay attention to how many hours drivers work every day and week, and ensure that loads are properly secured and placed in the correct containers or restraints for their type. When any company involved in the transportation of a truck’s load fails to do its job and harm results, the company may be liable.
Contact an Experienced Manassas Truck Accident Lawyer Today
At Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we understand how a truck accident can turn your life upside-down. That’s why we are dedicated to building a personal connection with each of our clients to provide support and encouragement to you and your family during this stressful time.
If you have been hurt in a truck accident in Manassas, Fairfax, Warrenton, or elsewhere in Northern Virginia, let us start pursuing the compensation you need today. Contact us to schedule a free and confidential case consultation.