Car Accident Lawyer in Arlington County
Get Your Free Claim Review
A car accident not only puts a huge financial burden on you; it can take an emotional toll as well. And if you suffered a serious injury, you may be facing a long, hard road to full emotional, physical, and financial recovery, possibly including multiple doctor’s appointments, weeks or even months of missed work, and stressful haggling with insurance companies.
A car accident lawyer in Arlington County can lift some of that burden. At Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we have the experience and the skills to fight for you and get the compensation you need. Give us a call today: 571-229-1800.
We Help You Through the Car Accident Claim Process
To receive a car accident settlement, you and the at-fault party’s insurer must reach an agreement about the amount of damage(s) the insurer is liable for. And the whole process can be lengthy and complicated:
- You file a claim with the insurer detailing all property damages, injuries, medical expenses, lost income, and noneconomic damages.
- The insurance company investigates the accident and any claimed damages.
- After the investigation is complete, the insurance company may make a settlement offer.
- If you think the offer is not fair — and many times it will not be because insurance companies want to pay out as little as possible — you can submit additional evidence and a counter offer.
- Further negotiations, often multiple rounds, then follow.
- If you and the insurance company reach a mutually agreeable compensation amount, you can accept that and waive your right to any further legal action.
- If you cannot reach an agreement, the next step is to file a lawsuit and pursue your claim in court.
We can help you navigate this drawn-out and complicated process. The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC can assist you in gathering that crucial evidence for a successful claim and in dealing with the insurance company when it makes that nearly inevitable too-low first settlement offer — if, that is, it does not try to deny your claim altogether.
But we need to get started soon. You have only two years to file a claim and/or pursue a lawsuit — beginning from the date of the accident. There is a lot to do to prepare a claim that has a good chance of being successful, and this is where an Arlington County car accident attorney can be a huge asset.
Proving Fault Is Essential for a Successful Car Accident Claim
To establish the other party was at-fault, you must prove the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: The other party must have owed you a duty. Drivers owe all other road users the duty to drive carefully.
- Breach of duty: The other party breached that duty. This could involve speeding, driving while intoxicated, running a red light, tailgating, texting and driving, etc.
- Causation: The breach caused your accident and injuries. For example, the at-fault party was texting and driving when he failed to see you brake ahead of him. He rear-ended you, causing you to suffer a whiplash injury.
- Damages: You suffered damages (e.g., medical bills, lost wages, mental anguish, “pain and suffering” and inconvenience).
Proving negligence seems straightforward, but it is rarely ever that easy. This is because, in most cases, the first tactic the other party’s insurance company will use is shifting the fault to you. Jim Parrish is well aware of this tactic and knows how to counter it.
While Jim is defending your case against the other party’s insurer, he will also be investigating your accident and collecting evidence to prove the other party was at-fault. This might include:
- Medical records
- Surveillance video
- Photos of the scene
- Eyewitness testimony
- The police report
What Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
Every car accident is different; therefore, it is impossible to say what your case might be worth without fully examining the incident. However, the following are some of the considerations that go into determining a settlement amount:
- The extent of property damage
- Your injuries and the needed medical treatment (both initial and ongoing)
- Wages and other income lost due to the accident
- Your “pain and suffering” (both physical and emotional)
Jim Parrish Understands Insurance Companies
Jim Parrish, founder of the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, knows all about the cut-throat tactics and extreme measures insurance companies sometimes use to avoid giving you a full and fair payout after your car accident. He was, after all, an attorney representing big insurance companies for several years in the early part of his legal career.
And now he uses that valuable experience and knowledge to fight for car accident victims, helping them get what they have a legal right to.
But do not just take our word for it. Give us a call. The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC is ready to assist you in getting the compensation you need and deserve. We will fight for you with all our experience, skill, and resources. Schedule your free consultation today: 571-229-1800.