A car accident not only puts a huge financial burden on you; it can take an emotional toll as well. And if you suffered a serious injury, you may be facing a long, hard road to full emotional, physical, and financial recovery. You may possibly face multiple doctor’s appointments, weeks or even months of missed work, and stressful haggling with insurance companies.
A car accident lawyer in Arlington Countycan lift some of that burden. At Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we have the experience and the skills to fight for you and get the compensation you need. We take care of every aspect of your case from completing and submitting claim forms to negotiating a financial settlement. While we focus on your physical recovery, you can focus on getting better.
We Help You Through the Car Accident Claim Process
To receive a car accident settlement, you and the at-fault party’s insurer must reach an agreement about the amount of damage(s) the insurer is liable for, and the whole process can be lengthy and complicated:
- You file a claim with the insurer detailing all property damages, injuries, medical expenses, lost income, and noneconomic damages.
- The insurance company investigates the accident and any claimed damages.
- After the investigation is complete, the insurance company may make a settlement offer.
- If you think the offer is not fair — and many times it will not be because insurance companies want to pay out as little as possible — you can submit additional evidence and make a counteroffer.
- Further negotiations, often multiple rounds, then follow.
- If you and the insurance company reach a mutually agreeable compensation amount, you can accept that and waive your right to any further legal action.
- If you cannot reach an agreement, the next step is to file a lawsuit and pursue your claim in court.
We can help you navigate this drawn-out and complicated process. The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC can assist you in gathering that crucial evidence for a successful claim and in dealing with the insurance company when it makes that nearly inevitable too-low first settlement offer — if, that is, it does not try to deny your claim altogether.
But we need to get started soon. You have only two years to file a claim and/or pursue a lawsuit — beginning from the date of the accident. There is a lot to do to prepare a claim that has a good chance of being successful, and this is where an Arlington County car accident attorney can be a huge asset.
Proving Fault Is Essential for a Successful Car Accident Claim
To establish the other party was at-fault, you must prove the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: The other party must have owed you a duty. Drivers owe all other road users the duty to drive carefully.
- Breach of duty: The other party breached that duty. This could involve speeding, driving while intoxicated, running a red light, tailgating, texting and driving, etc.
- Causation: The breach caused your accident and injuries. For example, the at-fault party was texting and driving when he failed to see you brake ahead of him. He rear-ended you, causing you to suffer a whiplash injury.
- Damages: You suffered damages (e.g., medical bills, lost wages, mental anguish, “pain and suffering” and inconvenience).
Proving negligence seems straightforward, but it is rarely ever that easy. This is because, in most cases, the first tactic the other party’s insurance company will use is shifting the fault to you. Jim Parrish is well aware of this tactic and knows how to counter it.
While Jim is defending your case against the other party’s insurer, he will also be investigating your accident and collecting evidence to prove the other party was at-fault.
This might include:
- Medical records
- Surveillance video
- Photos of the scene
- Eyewitness testimony
- The police report
Arlington County Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
Your Car Accident Report Is a Valuable Part of Your Case
All the evidence that builds and supports your case is valuable and will be included in your case file. Your car accident report is of particular importance. It is one of the first pieces of evidence we will obtain in your case because it will contain contact details for all involved parties.
Your car accident report will also contain information that builds your case including:
- Citations issued to the at-fault driver
- Indicators of driver distractions
- Road and weather conditions
- Date, time, and location
- Indicators of driver intoxication
Like all other evidence, our team will obtain a copy of your car accident report for you and explain its role in proving the cause of your car accident.
What Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
Every car accident is different; therefore, it is impossible to say what your case might be worth without fully examining the incident. However, the following are some of the considerations that go into determining a settlement amount:
- The extent of property damage
- Your injuries and the needed medical treatment (both initial and ongoing)
- Wages and other income lost due to the accident
- Your “pain and suffering” and inconvenience (both physical and emotional)
- Lasting physical disabilities and disfigurement
Our team will carefully and thoroughly assess the value of your injuries and of the expenses and losses that stem from your injuries. We work hard to make sure your case is not miscalculated, undervalued, or underpaid.
What Will It Cost to Have Your Law Firm Represent Me?
Our firm is passionate about pursuing financial compensation for car accident victims. We also understand the sudden and unexpected financial aftermath of a car accident which can include:
- Mounting medical bills
- Regular monthly bills
- Loss of usual income
We do not add to your post-accident financial turmoil. Instead, our law firm represents you and other injured clients on a contingency fee basis. This means you will pay no upfront costs and no out-of-pocket expenses to start preparing your case. In fact, you will pay us nothing at all until we recover damages for you.
After your case is resolved, we will accept a percentage of your settlement or trial verdict as compensation. We are upfront and transparent about our percentage and make sure we have a mutually understood agreement right from the start.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Jim Parrish Understands Insurance Companies
Jim Parrish, founder of the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, knows all about the cut-throat tactics and extreme measures insurance companies sometimes use to avoid giving you a full and fair payout after your car accident. He was, after all, an attorney representing big insurance companies for several years in the early part of his legal career.
And now he uses that valuable experience and knowledge to fight for car accident victims, helping them get what they have a legal right to.
We Treat You Like a Client, Not a File
Clients we have worked with in the past can tell you what it means to work with our client-focused legal team. When they talk about our personal injury law firm, they say:
- M P: Jim took my automobile accident case to trial in Fairfax and won! His preparation with me and our witnesses was extremely thorough and well designed…The judge even complimented his performance!
- Diana Robbins: I came to Mr. Parrish because of injuries sustained in an auto accident where the other party left the scene… his office handled everything…Mr. Parrish effectively negotiated a very fair settlement. I would recommend them to anyone. It is very clear that he cares about his clients.
Client support and recovery are always our team’s goals. Read more about it on our client testimonials page.
Call Our Consultation Team for a Free Review of Your Car Accident Case Today
But do not just take our word for it. Give us a call. The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC is ready to assist you in getting the compensation you need and deserve. We will fight for you with all our experience, skill, and resources. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.