Dog bites can have serious physical, emotional, and even financial consequences for your entire family. If you want to hold the dog’s owner responsible for the ways in which their negligence harmed you, our lawyers in Leesburg can help.
A Leesburg personal injury lawyer from the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC can file a case against the liable party—probably the dog’s owner—and fight hard for the compensation you deserve based on the extent of your injuries. Time is limited to file your lawsuit and gather supporting evidence, so we encourage you to connect with us today.
Our Clients Don’t Worry About Our Law Firm’s Attorney’s Fees
Suffering a dog bite can put you in a tough spot financially, prompting worries about attorney’s fees and other case-related obligations. Here’s some good news: you can retain our dog bite injury attorneys on a contingency-fee basis. Our clients in Leesburg:
- Pay nothing upfront or out of pocket
- Rest easy, knowing we’re financing their case’s filing cost
- Don’t pay retainers
A portion of your awarded settlement pays for our help. Your savings don’t pay for our services; your compensation does. This minimizes your financial worries and lets us break ground on your case as soon as possible.
Our Dog Bite Attorneys Provide Comprehensive Legal Support
The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC understands that you may not feel up to managing a legal case right now. Even if you need the money and want to hold the responsible party accountable for their actions, you have a lot of other things on your mind right now that take precedence, including:
- Coping with physical and emotional pain
- Making arrangements for others to take care of your normal responsibilities, both at home and at work
- Undergoing treatment, some of which can affect your ability to think clearly
That is where our Leesburg law office can come in. Our lawyers and other legal professionals give you the space you need to recover from a dog bite by:
- Investigating the incident to determine who was negligent, what specific acts of negligence were involved, and how much money your case is worth
- Negotiating for a pretrial settlement that meets all of your current needs, as well as any expenses or losses that may happen in the future
- Taking the liable party to trial and representing you by submitting evidence, questioning witnesses, and arguing your case
- Helping you make legal decisions by keeping you informed of your case’s progress and answering any questions you might have moving forward
You do not have to choose between a peaceful recovery and taking legal action. The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC would be happy to build a comprehensive case and hold the negligent party accountable for your losses.
Leesburg Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
Our Leesburg Injury Lawyers Fight to Recover Compensation for Your Dog Bite
Our personal injury attorneys have one goal when we take your case: to recover fair compensation for your losses, including those without receipts or invoices. How much you can recover depends on the severity of your condition, along with the cost of your financial losses.
Your injury lawyer serving Leesburg will fight for a settlement that accounts for your:
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience: Dog bites can be extremely painful, both physically and psychologically. They make it difficult or impossible for you to enjoy your life or do all of the things you normally do. Our firm evaluates your situation as a whole to learn what you deserve for “pain and suffering” and inconvenience.
- Disability: Accident-related disabilities take many forms. Some people suffer a temporary injury, such as a laceration, while others are permanently incapacitated, such as by a spinal cord injury.
- Other non-economic damages. Aside from disability and “pain and suffering” and inconvenience, other compensable non-economic damages include emotional distress, permanent scarring, and mental anguish.
- Medical bills: Treating a dog bite may require bandages, medication, stitches, and, in serious cases, hospitalization and surgery. Those treatments are compensable.
- Lost income: Your injury may have prevented you from working your regular hours, hurting your financial stability. With our team’s help, you can recover your lost tips, bonuses, and employee benefits-–along with other sources of lost revenue.
You can also recover the cost of anything you spent out of pocket on lawn maintenance, childcare costs, and anything else related to the dog bite injury.
Our Lawyers in Leesburg Determine What Constitutes Fair Compensation
You might expect that there is some set or “average” amount that a dog bite survivor can ask for following an injury. This is not true. The amount of compensation you can ask for and receive is entirely unique to your situation.
Our Leesburg dog bite attorneys can calculate your case’s value by:
- Examining your damages’ documentation, including invoices and bills
- Assessing the injury’s effect on your life
- Determining the value of both present and future losses, including anticipated medical care costs
Attorney Jim Parrish started his legal career representing insurance companies. He’s well aware of the tactics that these organizations use to discredit claims and offer less than injured people need. He relies on his decades of experience and passion for helping clients to achieve fair outcomes.
What Should I Do After Suffering a Dog Bite in Leesburg?
Your injury lawyer will take care of everything your injury claim or lawsuit requires. However, there are some considerations that could bolster your case, too. First, we suggest getting medical attention for your dog bite injury. This will:
- Create a paper trail that proves the bite really happened as you say it did, making it harder for the liable party to refute your case
- Establish a connection between the dog bite and any injuries or losses you suffered because of it
- Prevent the wound from becoming infected and inflicting further damage
When you connect with our firm for your free claim review, we can discuss what additional post-accident measures could streamline the claims process.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Entrust Our Personal Injury Attorneys With Your Dog Bite Case in Leesburg
The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC offers a free initial claim review where you can ask questions and get much-needed peace of mind. When we handle your personal injury claim, we handle everything.
Contact us today to get started.
Dog Bite eBook
Have questions about your dog bite injury? Download our free Comprehensive Guide to Dog Bite Claims in Virginia eBook to learn more about your next steps, who to contact, and what to do.