Parking lots are deceptively dangerous. Drivers lulled into a sense of complacency can make mistakes with serious consequences. If you were injured in a parking lot accident, you have the right to pursue compensation. A Dumfries, VA parking lot accident lawyer from our firmcan evaluate your case. You don’t have to deal with insurers alone.
The Benefits of Working with a Parking Lot Accident Lawyer
After a parking lot accident, you may find yourself overwhelmed by medical bills and aggressive insurers. Making matters worse, you may be dealing with the aftermath of a severe injury. At Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, our goal is to help you deal with these stresses. We can handle every aspect of your case, including:
- Negotiating with insurers: Car accidents often involve insurance negotiations. With us in your corner, you won’t need to deal with insurers alone. We can negotiate for the best settlement award possible.
- Assisting with medical expenses:If your medical insurance provider is giving you a hard time, we can talk to them on your behalf.
- Gathering evidence and building your case: Gathering evidence and building a legal case is time-consuming. Let us handle it. We’ll review relevant evidence like police reports, witness statements, and traffic camera footage to build your case.
- Pursuing legal action:In some cases, insurers outright refuse to offer compensation. If this occurs, we can file a lawsuit on your behalf. We’re not afraid to take your case to court.
- Acting as your legal guide: Legal matters are complex, but we can simplify them for you. We’ll keep you updated on the status of your case and explain any relevant legal terminology.
- Offering you a free consultation:During a free consultation, we can tell you if you have a case or not.
Knowledge from Inside the Insurance Industry
If you have to file an injury claim, you will have to deal with the insurance company to get paid for your injuries. Our lead attorney, Jim Parrish, knows the ins and outs of the insurance industry. Prior to working as a private attorney, he was a legal representative for insurance companies. Jim can put this knowledge from inside the insurance industry to work for you.
Situations Where It May Make Sense to Hire a Lawyer
These are some common situations where it might make sense for you to hire a Dumfries, VA parking lot accident lawyer:
- Your case is complicated and involves physical injuries
- Insurers are refusing to cooperate
- You received a settlement offer, but it’s too low to cover your medical expenses
- You’re seriously injured and can’t keep up with all the documentation required by insurers
- You don’t have enough time to dedicate to your case
If any of these situations look familiar to you, we can help. Your recovery is our priority. While you heal, we’ll get to work pursuing fair compensation.
Can I Afford a Parking Lot Accident Lawyer?
The National Safety Councilreports that the average cost of a car accident involving injuries is $29,200. For most Americans, this is a considerable expense, especially if insurers aren’t cooperating. We don’t want to worsen your financial troubles, so we work on a contingency fee basis. This means that:
- We’ll evaluate your case for free.
- We don’t charge any upfront fees.
- We only get paid if you receive compensation.
Testimonials from Our Clients
We’ve worked on countless car accident cases in the past. This is what our previous clientshave said about partnering with the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC:
- “Jim took my automobile accident case to trial in Fairfax and won! His preparation with me and our witnesses was extremely thorough and well-designed. He also effectively discredited the other side’s arguments while remaining courteous and professional.” – MP
- “I was in a car accident last year and I hired Parrish Law Firm to represent me and my family. Mr. Parrish resolved all matters and made sure that all our medical bills and time missed from work were taken care of. I am very satisfied with the services and help that was provided to us…[including] making sure we did not get bullied by the insurance company.” – Gio R.
Compensation in a Parking Lot Accident Case
Parking lot accidents are filed into the broader category of personal injury law. Generally, these types of damages are available to victims:
- Medical expenses
- Lost or reduced wages
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Property damages
- Lower quality of life
- Wrongful death damages
How Much Will I Receive?
Parking lot accidents are unique. Some are minor fender benders, whereas others cause victims lifelong injuries. This variability extends to the amounts that victims receive, too. Without a close evaluation, it can be difficult to guess what a case is worth.
However, there are a few factors that are consistent from case to case that can affect how much you’ll receive. They include:
- The severity of your injuries
- Whether or not the driver who injured you was insured
- The outcome of settlement negotiations
Dumfries Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
How do I Know Who Caused My Parking Lot Accident?
In some cases, it’s obvious who is responsible for your injuries. In others, it may be less obvious. This murkiness can be challenging; if you don’t know who caused your accident, it can be difficult to receive compensation.
Our team can deal with this portion of your case. We can investigate your accident to determine who is liable for your injuries. These are the types of evidence we may review:
- Security camera footage
- Police reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Input from crash reconstruction specialists
- Your medical records
- Images of the crash scene
What Causes Parking Lot Accidents?
When you think of a car accident, it’s unlikely that you think of parking lots. After all, car accidents often involve vehicles moving at high speeds. In a parking lot, it’s rare for drivers to break 10 miles per hour.
However, parking lots have their own risks, inattentive driving chief among them. While parking, drivers may let their guard down and inadvertently make a mistake. The distractions of phone calls, backup cameras, and loud radios make this problem worse.
Similarly, the National Safety Council reports that parking lots become most dangerous during the holidays due to increased traffic. This spike in risk starts on Black Friday and continues throughout the rest of the holidays. To avoid a crash in a parking lot, remain attentive, and don’t get sucked into emails, texting, or phone calls.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Work with a Dumfries, VA Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Today
In Virginia, you only have two years after an accident to file a lawsuit, per Va. Code § 8.01-243. Even if you don’t intend to file a lawsuit, we advise you to get started on your case as soon as you can. Time is valuable in parking lot accident cases. We can ensure that you stay on top of your deadlines.
Unsure about what to do after a car accident or have questions regarding your auto accident case that remain unanswered? Download our free Virginia Car Accident Guide eBookor give us a call.