A rear-end collision can leave you or someone you love with serious injuries and facing lengthy recovery times. Depending on the size and speed of the at-fault vehicle, the crash can also be life-changing or life-ending. If you or someone you love was injured or a loved one was fatally injured, our Fairfax, VA rear end collisions lawyer can help.
Leave the hard work of navigating personal injury law to us. Our Virginia Rear End Collisions lawyers will identify the at-fault driver and their insurance company and help you build a strong case for financial compensation. At the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we take on big and small insurance companies and handle every detail of your car accident case.
Contact our Virginia car accident Lawyers today to secure your rights and claim the compensation you deserve for your rear-end collision
Commonly Reported Injuries from Rear-end Collisions
In a rear-end collision, another vehicle strikes you from behind, which can lead to a number of serious injuries. Mayo Clinic research cites rear-end collisions as a common cause of whiplash, an injury caused by the rapid jarring of your head and neck. You could also incur the following injuries:
- Back and spine injuries
- Facial and dental injuries
- Chest and shoulder injuries
- Hand, wrist, and arm injuries
Our Fairfax personal injury lawyer will carefully collect and review your medical records and bills. We will ensure all past, current, and future medical and rehabilitative care is included in the injury portion of your case.
How Virginia Defines Negligence
Our law firm works hard to gather all the objective facts and data about your rear-end accident. We conduct a thorough investigation designed to prove the negligence that led to your accident. Our investigation will establish the following elements of negligence:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care to drive safely
- That duty was breached by driving in a negligent or distracted manner
- The at-fault driver’s actions caused your accident and resulting injuries
- The accident and your injuries had costly financial consequences
We will document the cause of the accident with a comprehensive collection of physical evidence and documents.
How Our Law Firm Builds Your Case File
The causes and contributing factors of your accident are proven with a robust evidence collection. In most cases, once the evidence indicates negligence, your case can be settled with an insurance claim versus a lawsuit. To steer your case in this direction, we collect:
- Your car accident report and any narratives, diagrams, and observations it contains
- Medical records and bills from every health care facility where you received treatment
- Security, surveillance, dashcam, and security photos and video footage
- Supporting statements from eyewitnesses and subject matter experts
Leave evidence collection to us. We will not tax you or your family with this daunting task. Instead, our legal team will handle it for you.
Damages the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC Fights to Recover for You
To ensure you do not experience financial hardship due to someone else’s negligence, our Fairfax, VA rear end collisions lawyer helps injured clients in Fairfax, VA recover the following:
- Economic damages, including past and future medical bills, lost wages, or vehicle damage or destruction
- Non-economic damages, including disability, disfigurement, “pain and suffering” and inconvenience, and mental and emotional anguish
- Wrongful death damages, including funeral and burial costs, and your family’s loss of your loved one’s financial and domestic contributions
Rarely, punitive damages might also be awarded. Our legal team will inform you if your case qualifies for these additional recoverable damages.
Important Notification and Filing Deadlines
Your car accident case is likely to be settled out of court. If settlement negotiations are prolonged or a favorable offer is not forthcoming, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf. In general, Virginia law allows:
- Up to two years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit, according to Va. Code § 8.01-243
- Up to two years from the date of a loved one’s demise to file your wrongful death lawsuit, according to Va. Code § 8.01-244
Your case could have additional notification and filing deadlines if a government vehicle was involved. Other factors could also alter the statute of limitations. The best way to ensure your lawsuit is filed on time is to let our law firm handle it for you. With enough notice from you, we will prevent the costly consequences of filing your lawsuit too late.
Fairfax Rear End Collision Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
Why You Should Work with Our Rear End Collisions Lawyer Serving Fairfax County
You could attempt to settle your lawsuit on your own, but it’s not advised. A primary benefit of working with our law firm is our familiarity with state and local laws and their impact on your case. In addition, Jim Parrish’s career representing insurance companies helps him protect clients from them now.
Our law firm will:
- Collect police and first responder reports
- Communicate with the insurance company
- Provide ongoing updates on your case
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation
- Locate and interview accident witnesses
- Consult medical and other relevant experts
We do everything possible to build a solid case file and ensure your personal injury case gets the personalized attention to detail it needs and deserves.
Previous Personal Injury Clients Recommend the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC
Every client we represent is a priority for our team. When previous clients review our law firm, they say the following:
- Barb Sibert: Mr. Parrish was very prompt and accommodating in scheduling a call to discuss my personal injury. He was extremely knowledgeable and honest in his evaluation of my situation. I highly recommend Jim Parrish to anyone in need of a personal injury attorney.
- Basira Seddiq: The Parrish Law Firm is a highly professional organization that pays attention to the clients from start to finish…I had a great and positive experience and highly recommend the services provided by the firm.
The aftermath of a car accident can be physically, emotionally, and financially draining. Our law firm will never stop fighting for the compensation you need to start putting your life back together.
Get Your Free Case Review Today
Were you or someone you love injured in a rear-end collision in Fairfax, VA? If you were, or if a loved one was fatally injured, our personal injury lawyer can help. We fight hard to negotiate the best possible financial outcome for you. Learn more about our commitment to your case and your compensation options.
Contact our case review team at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC today.
Car Accident eBook [Free Download]
Unsure about what to do after a car accident or have questions regarding your auto accident case that remain unanswered? Download our free Virginia Car Accident Guide eBook or give us a call.