In a collision with a large commercial truck, the occupants of your passenger vehicle are more likely to suffer serious injuries than the occupants of the larger truck. If you or a loved one is recovering from injuries from an 18-wheeler accident in Fairfax, VA, our law firm can help you identify the at-fault party and pursue financial compensation on your behalf.
At the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, our Fairfax 18-wheeler accident lawyers will investigate the accident, collect evidence, and build a solid case file. We will also handle negotiations with the insurance provider and fight for the monetary recovery you need to start putting your life back together. You can learn about your legal options during a FREE claim review today.
Recoverable Damages After a Collision With an 18-Wheeler in Fairfax, VA
When our Fairfax personal injury lawyers handle your compensation request, we diligently seek to recover economic and non-economic damages. The demand letter we create for you will request:
- Economic damages, including past, present, and future medical bills and lost wages. It also includes loss of future earning capacity, treatment-related travel expenses, and vehicle damage or loss
- Non-economic damages, including lasting disability or disfigurement, “pain and suffering” and inconvenience, mental anguish, emotional trauma, and impaired quality of life
Our 18-wheeler accident lawyers serving the Fairfax, VA, area also recover damages for family members of fatal accidents. Recoverable wrongful death damages include the costs of making a loved one’s final arrangements, the loss of their financial contributions, and the loss of their contributions to the family household.
Our Fairfax 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers are on Your Side
Building a personal injury case after an accident is time-consuming. It can be challenging to focus on its legal aspects while recovering from your injuries. At the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, our 18-wheeler accident attorneys will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation to determine how the accident happened
- Calculate your case’s monetary value
- Identify the at-fault party or parties
- Collect compelling documents and evidence
- Interview lay and expert witnesses
- Speak with interested parties on your behalf
- Complete and submit insurance claim forms
- Answer your questions and concerns
We know how hard it can be to wait for news on your case, so we provide you with ongoing updates right from the start. We also work hard to negotiate the best possible settlement for you.
Our Investigation Will Identify Truck Accident Negligence and Liability
Identifying the negligent party in a truck accident can be challenging. It is a critical part of your case since negligence can establish financial liability and help our 18-wheeler truck accident lawyers determine who to pursue for financial compensation.
Potentially liable parties can include:
- The truck’s driver
- The trucking company
- The truck’s manufacturer
- Part’s manufacturers
- Cargo loaders
- Truck repair shop
- Truck maintenance facility
You can leave the task of proving negligence and liability to our 18-wheeler accident law firm. We handle every aspect of your case, from investigation to evidence collection and settlement negotiations.
We Collect, Organize, and Submit Compelling Evidence
Since our team and the representatives for the at-fault party were not present when the collision occurred, we will rely on the evidence to tell the accident’s story. We will not tax you or your family with evidence collection. The file we build for you can include:
- Accident scene photos
- Expert testimonials
- Medical records and bills
- Photos of your injuries
- Salary history records
- Truck accident report
- Witness statements
- Written future prognosis
Our team also collects evidence you might find challenging to access or obtain on your own. On your behalf, we will request maintenance records for the truck, manufacturing details, the driver’s logbook, and their driving history. We use this evidence to steer your case toward a financial resolution versus the uncertainty of a trial.
Fairfax 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
Our 18-Wheeler Accident Attorneys Will Not Let Your Case Run Out of Time
The majority of truck accident cases will be settled without the need for a trial. If both parties cannot reach a settlement agreement, though, your case may have to go to court. If that happens, Virginia law requires you to file your lawsuit within the following statutes of limitations:
- Your injury lawsuit must be filed within two years of the date the accident occurred, according to Va. Code § 8.01-243
- Your family’s wrongful lawsuit must be filed within two years of the date of your loved one’s demise, according to Va. Code § 8.01-244
If your lawsuit is filed too late, you could be prohibited from filing it at all. Even if you do manage to file beyond the deadline, the at-fault party will request its immediate dismissal. Their request is likely to be granted, which could leave you or your family with no further legal recourse that compels them to compensate you. Our legal team will make sure your lawsuit is filed on time.
The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC’s History of Five-Star Client Reviews
Our law firm fights hard to meet the individual needs of every injured client we represent. In online reviews, our previous clients say the following:
- Terrell Green:I recently contacted Mr. James Parrish’s law firm for a consultation…Mr. Parrish came across as very knowledgeable on legal issues and very honest…I highly recommend contacting Mr. Parrish.
- Karen Jackson:Mr. Parrish…hit the ground running in perusing the maximum settlement for our case. He and his staff were available to answer all of our concerns…We are forever thankful for all his hard work and dedication…I would definitely choose this firm again!
We never stop fighting for the clients we represent or for the financial outcome and peace of mind they need and deserve. We bring this same level of dedication to your client experience.
Call Now for a Free Case Review After an 18-Wheeler Accident in Fairfax, VA
If a recent commercial truck accident left you or someone you love with injuries, vehicle damage, or mounting medical and other bills, we can help. Our Fairfax 18-wheeler accident lawyers at the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, will help you fight for financial recovery.
Jim Parrish’s career representing insurance companies means he can protect you and every client we represent from those same companies now. Contact one of our case review team members to get started today.