With Interstate 81 running straight through Harrisonburg, commercial trucks are common on the city’s streets. Many Virginians are familiar with the David-Goliath feeling of sitting in a small passenger car alongside a massive 18-wheeler. Still, like every other motorist, truckers must obey traffic signals, follow federal law, and yield when necessary. When they don’t, they’re negligent. When that negligence causes injuries, we can hold them liable.
If you suffered serious injuries following a collision with a big truck, the last thing you want is to handle the claims process and its endless obligations on your own. Instead, you deserve to entrust your case to a Harrisonburg personal injury attorney. The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC has decades of experience handling truck accident claims, and in the last few years alone, we’ve recovered $30 million in damages.
Put your mind at ease today and start a FREE claim review. In just a few minutes, you can get answers to your questions and peace of mind about your concerns.
The Benefits of Entrusting Your Case to Our Truck Accident Attorney
Meet Attorney Jim Parrish. When he started his career more than 20 years ago, he served insurance giants’ best interests. Often, this involved justifying low settlement offers or refuting high-stakes claims.
After years of being a cog in the corporate machine, Jim set his eyes on what really matters most: advocating for his injured friends and neighbors. And since he founded the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC in 2004, he’s done just that. With our team’s support, you get:
- Straightforward access to your attorney. Some personal injury claimants never meet their attorneys. Instead, they go through office clerks, online portals, and associates. That’s not the case with us. Expect to have a personal relationship with your lawyer, along with his phone number and email address, for easy access. If you ever have questions or concerns, we’re available to put your mind at ease.
- Information from inside the insurance industry. Remember how we said Attorney Jim Parrish used to defend insurance companies? He uses the same knowledge insurers use to deny claims to get them approved. He’s also well aware of bad-faith insurance practices and how to prevent them from jeopardizing your claim. For example, he’s well aware of how insurers use AI software to reject dozens of claims at a time. This is unfair to clients; Jim knows how to fight these tactics and prevail.
- Comprehensive legal advocacy. During this challenging time, you only have to focus on one thing: your health. Our Harrisonburg truck accident lawyer handles case-related communications, negotiations, and litigation. Along the way, you can expect updates and reassurance about your case’s progression.
You Never Pay Out of Pocket to Retain Our Law Firm’s Support
Medical bills. Income. Property damage costs. These are just some of the expenses you may worry about following a serious truck accident. But here’s an expense you don’t have to worry about: our attorney’s fees. That’s because we extend advocacy on a contingency-fee basis.
In this arrangement, you never pay out of pocket for our assistance. A portion of your settlement does. This ensures that you don’t have to find the money to hire a lawyer on top of your other obligations. We put your needs, not our bottom line, first.
How Our Law Firm Intends to Resolve Your Harrisonburg Injury Claim
Truck accident claims can get complicated because of the number of parties involved in the operation of a single commercial vehicle. For instance, even if a trucker caused your accident, their employer could be liable. We may even find that neither party is responsible. Instead, the manufacturer of a defective part may be liable if the defect caused the accident.
Issues involving liability are just some reasons to consider partnering with the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC. We take these other burdens off your plate, so you can put your attention toward your recovery:
- Evaluating your options and identifying the liable parties: We determine what parties are liable and which insurance policies are available. This can help us determine what you may be able to recover.
- Calculating your economic and non-economic damages: Most people are unaware of what damages are recoverable after an accident. This can mean you’re leaving thousands or more on the table. Our table identifies every recoverable damage and calculates their value.
- Filing your personal injury claim: It’s very easy to make a simple mistake on an injury claim when you don’t have experience handling these cases. One error could jeopardize your right to compensation. Our team won’t let that happen to you.
- Negotiating a settlement: The insurer’s first offer is often much lower than what you deserve. Most people accept the first offer because they think that’s all they can get. Not with the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC. We’ll negotiate until we get what you deserve. If negotiations don’t work, we can file a lawsuit.
There are many smaller obligations that we shoulder as well. Behind the scenes, we handle all clerical work, communications, and the research your case requires. We also send a spoliation letter to prevent the trucking company from “losing” evidence. When you secure help from our Harrisonburg truck accident lawyer, you can rest assured that we intend to win your case. We will not let the trucking company or its insurance company pressure you into accepting less than you need.
Harrisonburg Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
Our Truck Accident Team Seeks Every Dollar You Deserve
Compensation should account for more than financial costs; it should also acknowledge each way the accident and your injuries have affected your life. We intend to recover the money you need to secure your future and put this challenging period behind you. You shouldn’t have to pay a dime for an accident another party’s negligence caused.
Whether through a settlement or court award, Attorney Jim Parrish can seek financial recovery for:
- Medical bills (past, present, and future)
- Lost income
- The cost of replacing or repairing your vehicle
- Any injury-related out-of-pocket cost
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience
Per Virginia’s statute of limitations (Va. Code § 8.01-243), you have just two years to file your personal injury lawsuit. That’s not a long time, given the many obligations that go into reaching maximum medical improvement. With your case in our hands, you don’t have to worry about deadlines or other time-sensitive factors; we handle everything that goes into securing the best possible outcome.
We’ve Recovered Millions in Truck Accident Settlements and Verdicts
Given his years of experience, Attorney Jim Parrish understands the claims process like the back of his hand. He knows what goes into seeking fair compensation, and that’s evidenced in these case results:
- Through years of litigation and extensive research, we secured $5 million for a fatal 18-wheeler accident claim.
- A commercial truck driver swerved out of their lane and collided with our client, a grandmother. She was airlifted from the accident scene and required extensive medical care. We secured $1 million for her losses.
- We can’t share much information about this particular wrongful death case because we signed a confidentiality agreement. Still, we secured $1 million after a negligent trucker caused the death of our client’s loved one.
Our law firm hopes that the outcomes of these cases instill confidence in our ability to secure financial recovery. We’re constantly adding to our list of previous outcomes. We hope to add your case to the list next.
Start a FREE Claim Review With Our Harrisonburg Truck Accident Team
Don’t spend another minute worrying about making ends meet after suffering a serious truck accident. Instead, call the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, and explore your options. With our advocacy, you can put your concerns aside and focus on the future. In the meantime, we play hardball with the trucking company and its representatives.
Call now to begin your FREE claim review. Get to know our team and learn more about how we can help you.