Charlottesville is a beautiful town drenched in the history of the republic. The many historic sites, Shenandoah National Park, and the University of Virginia bring outsized traffic to our little piece of Virginia. Unfortunately, with excess traffic comes accidents. Car crashes are rising in Charlottesville and Albemarle County, with the Virginia Department of Transportation recording over 2,000 in 2022 alone.
If you’re suffering because another party’s negligence led to a car collision in which you sustained injuries, our Charlottesville car accident lawyers know how to help. Over the past two decades, the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, has helped people in Virginia recover millions in compensation and can help you too!
What Kind of Compensation Might I Be Entitled to?
Virginia law allows car accident victims to pursue compensation for their losses when their damages resulted from someone else’s negligence. Unfortunately, a car crash can cause a lot of damage.
The liable party’s insurance company will not want to pay out significant amounts. However, with our team by your side, we’ll present proof of the at-fault party’s negligence, leaving the insurer with no choice but to compensate you for your accident-related losses.
We help you put together your claim by identifying all your losses, such as:
- Medical costs, including hospital stays, ambulance rides, surgeries, prescription medication, medical equipment, occupational therapy, physical rehabilitation, at-home care, long-term facility care, transportation to and from doctor’s appointments, and adaptation of your vehicle or home to meet your physical needs.
- Property damage sustained in an accident that requires repair or replacement, including your vehicle and any individual property on your person or in your car.
- Income lost while you recover and cannot work. Should your injury prevent you from returning to work or limit your earning potential, you could also recover the loss of future earnings.
- Out-of-pocket expenses for co-pays, deductibles, and payments you make for services you cannot do as you recover from your injuries, such as childcare, errands, or home maintenance.
Along with the economic (monetary) damages that have a specific dollar amount attached, you might recover intangible losses, such as:
- “Pain and suffering” and inconvenience
- Loss of quality of life
- Disfigurement or disability
- Loss of reputation
- Anxiety and depression
How Our Charlottesville Car Crash Attorneys Construct Your Case
Attorney Jim Parrish spent his early years in the insurance industry as a defense lawyer handling accident claims and disputes. He left the industry in 2004 and founded Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, starting his firm to serve the rights of accident victims in Charlottesville and around the state. He knows every side of the business and uses that understanding to inform every decision he makes to advocate for his clients.
We support and protect you by:
- Accounting for all your losses while building your insurance claim.
- Investigating the accident for proof of negligence.
- Compiling evidence and filing your claim.
- Negotiating with the liable party’s insurance company on your behalf for the compensation settlement you deserve.
- Filing a lawsuit and preparing for trial if we cannot agree on a reasonable settlement that adequately meets your needs.
- Fight for you in court and seek a fair compensation judgment.
Can I Afford to Hire a Charlottesville Car Accident Attorney?
That is often a concern for car accident victims struggling to pay household bills following a catastrophic crash. We gladly offer free claim reviews when you call for all accident injury victims to determine whether pursuing a case is worthwhile. Then, if we agree to work together, you’ll pay no upfront fees. Instead, your lawyer only gets paid if they win your case through a settlement or verdict.
A Proven Record of Getting Results for Our Clients
When you sustain an injury in a car accident, finances matter. You need funds to rebuild your life. Over the years, we have successfully recovered more than $30 million for our clients in the past few years. Recent cases include:
- $1 million settlement for a grandmother hit head-on by a commercial truck on a country lane.
- $500,000 settlement for a woman hit by a company truck.
- $500,000 for a man injured by a drunk driver.
We want to help relieve your legal stress by assisting and supporting you as you pursue adequate compensation via an insurance settlement or judgment. While some car accident claims are settled without needing an attorney, many injury victims find that working with a lawyer helps them achieve a better outcome while easing their burden during this trying time.
A former client recalls: “I contacted Parrish Law firm after being injured in a car accident by an unlicensed driver. … I appreciated Mr. Parrish’s concern for my well-being as well as his extensive knowledge in navigating dealings with insurance companies. While I hope to never need his services again (because one life-disrupting car totaling accident is enough!), I would absolutely use them and recommend him to anyone in a similar situation.” — Adrienne N.
Charlottesville Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 571-229-1800
Statute of Limitations to File Your Car Accident Lawsuit
Per Va. Code § 8.01-243, if it’s necessary to file a lawsuit to recover compensation, you have two years from the accident date to do so. After the deadline passes, you cannot pursue compensation through the court.
There are exceptions to the statute of limitations, but they are rare. It is crucial to seek help from an attorney before then so you can recover all of the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact Our Charlottesville Car Accident Attorneys for Assistance
Our attorneys know the insurance industry. We use that expertise when advocating for you in order to save you time and give you peace of mind. So, schedule your free case review by calling today. The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, will help you reclaim your future.