Fairfax Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer
If you were hurt in a crash with a commercial truck, you may be facing high medical bills. You should not have to pay for the cost of injuries that someone else caused. Our Fairfax commercial truck accident lawyer with the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, can help if you or a loved one suffered injuries in a collision.
Our firm will work tirelessly to ensure you and your family do not pay for someone else’s reckless or wrongful actions. We will hold at-fault parties financially responsible for your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
Truck Accident Damages We Can Help You Seek Compensation For
Attorney Jim Parrish used to work as a lawyer for insurance companies, so he knows how to protect clients like you from bad-faith insurance practices. He will use his experience to help you fight for the compensation you need.
Our Fairfax truck accident lawyer can seek awards for:
- Medical bills: We can pursue your current medical expenses and compensation for ongoing and future care, including the cost of ambulance transportation, emergency department services, medical procedures, medications and medical equipment, hospital and doctor fees, physical therapy, and more.
- Non-economic damages: We can help you seek awards for “pain and suffering” and inconvenience. You may recover compensation for severe and disabling injuries, mental anguish, stress, and quality of life reductions, as well.
- Lost income: We can pursue your back pay, lost bonuses, tips, health and retirement benefits, and other earnings. We can also seek compensation for future lost wages and loss of your earning capacity if you cannot return to work because of your injury.
- Wrongful death: We can help you seek justice for your loved one if they died from a fatal commercial truck accident injury. Wrongful death damages may include the deceased’s medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, lost wages and benefits, and future lost income.
Our lawyer will take all your case details into account when determining which damages you should seek compensation for.
The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, Will Prove a Liable Party Owes You Damages
Truck drivers are held to a higher standard than passenger vehicle operators. Commercial drivers have to adhere to state traffic laws and specific rules, regulations, and requirements for commercial operators outlined by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
If a driver was speeding, drinking, texting, sleeping at the wheel, or engaged in another negligent or dangerous behavior, our Fairfax commercial truck accident injury team can prove they are liable for your injury and damages. We can pursue compensation from the driver, their employer, or any other entity whose wrongful actions contributed to your crash, including:
- The trucking company
- The owner of the truck’s cargo
- The entity responsible for packing and loading the truck
- The entity responsible for the truck’s maintenance
- The manufacturer of a defective vehicle or auto part
- A negligent third-party motorist
- A private or government roadway owner
Types of Negligence That Could Have Played a Role in Your Accident
In addition to driver negligence, many other issues of negligence could contribute to a commercial truck accident, including:
- Lack of vehicle maintenance
- Lack of driver training
- Lack of truck safety features, such as mirrors and underride guards
- Mishandled or mislabeled gasoline, chemicals, or other dangerous cargo
- Improperly connected tractor-trailers
- Overloaded or unsecured cargo
- Engine trouble, faulty brakes, defective tires, or another vehicle/part malfunctions
- Negligent road maintenance
- Broken traffic lights or obstructed traffic signs
- Poorly/dangerously designed roads and intersections
The Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, will investigate your accident, identify liable parties, and collect evidence proving that another party caused your crash and owes you damages.
We Will Handle the Details of Your Truck Accident Case so You Can Focus on Your Health
Our commercial truck accident injury attorney will handle your paperwork, deadlines, and case-related communications so you can rest and recover. We will:
- Draft and file your insurance claim and notify the involved parties
- Respond to phone calls and emails from insurance agents and opposing attorneys
- Represent you during meetings and appearances
- Negotiate on your behalf, review settlement offers, and reject attempts to lowball your compensation
- File a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in civil court and represent you at trial if necessary
- Provide you with regular and timely case updates on your claim or lawsuit
Our Attorney Has Won Millions of Dollars for Accident Victims and Their Families
Our recent case results include more than $20 million in settlements and verdicts for personal injury clients across Virginia, including significant awards for commercial truck accident injury victims and their families. We recovered:
- $500,000 for a woman hit by the driver of a company truck
- A $700,000 wrongful death settlement against a tractor-trailer driver
We will work hard to secure all the damages owed to you. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can get started.
Time Limits for Filing a Lawsuit in Fairfax, VA
Make sure you start on your case before Virginia’s statute of limitations expires. According to Va. Code § 8.01-243, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. In addition, under Va. Code § 8.01-244, you have two years to pursue a wrongful death action. If you do not meet these deadlines, the court will likely not take your case, and you may lose your opportunity to recover compensation.
We Will Collect Evidence and Build a Solid Case
When we work on your case, you can leave evidence collection to us. We can hire and consult with doctors, crash reconstruction specialists, economists, and other relevant subject matter experts. The evidence we can use may include:
- Surveillance, cell phone footage, or dashboard camera footage of your crash
- Police reports
- The truck driver’s driving and employment records
- The results of field sobriety tests or the driver’s mandatory alcohol/drug screening results
- The truck’s “black box” recording device
- Photographs of your injuries and the scene of your accident
- Eyewitness accounts
- Proof of your financial losses, including medical bills, pay stubs, and receipts
If you have any evidence from the accident, you can bring it to our lawyer. He will use it to strengthen your case.
Call the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC After Your Commercial Truck Accident
You do not have to fight for the compensation you need alone. Contact us today and learn more about how our Fairfax commercial truck accident attorney can serve you. At the Parrish Law Firm, PLLC, we offer free consultations and 24/7 support.